Attachments

• 2B6661A5-071B-4E4A-A5ED-007367AA1209.jpg
      2B6661A5-071B-4E4A-A5ED-007367AA1209.jpg
      38.7 KB · Views: 280

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    It's not obvious to everyone, just like putting a stock on a handgun being a felony isn't obvious to everyone.

Thank you for your concerns however, since you have stated it is a felony, please quote chapter and verse with links so it will be obvious as you are the expert. The ball is in your court.

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Thank you for your concerns however, since you have stated it is a felony, please quote chapter and verse with links so it will be obvious as you are the expert. The ball is in your court.

Held, a firearm, as defined by the National Firearms Act (NFA), 26 U.S.C.
    5845(a)(3), is made when unassembled parts are placed in close proximity in such a way
    that they:
    (a) Serve no useful purpose other than to make a rifle having a barrel or barrels of
    less than 16 inches in length (e.g., a receiver, an attachable shoulder stock, and
    barrel of less than 16 inches in length); or
    (b) Convert a complete weapon into such an NFA firearm, including –
    (1) A pistol and attachable shoulder stock; and
    (2) A rifle with a barrel of 16 inches or more in length, and an attachable barrel
    of less than 16 inches in length.
    Such weapons must be registered and are subject to all requirements of the NFA.

https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/r...red-rifles-rifles-configured-pistols/download

budman93

Ultimate Member
    Mar 1, 2013
    Frederick County
    Thanks for the info based on my reading it is illegal unless appropriately registered with the NFA. So, for now maybe some custom walnut grips are in order.

Yeah, my understanding is you need the stamp before constructing the nfa firearm so I wouldn't make a stock before doing that.

Oct 3, 2021
    I read an article a long while ago about why revolver type rifles and carbines never gained much popularity, seemed it had a lot to do with the amount of blow out between the cylinder and barrel was pretty annoying.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    I read an article a long while ago about why revolver type rifles and carbines never gained much popularity, seemed it had a lot to do with the amount of blow out between the cylinder and barrel was pretty annoying.

Yes, flash by is an issue, I am in the process of submitting to the ATF for an SBR. I have designed a stock to prevent you hand from moving forward by the front of the revolver. Once I get approval for a SBR then I can move forward and build the stock.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Buy a used T/C Encore doesn't matter if it is a rifle or pistol and the caliber also doesn't matter because you can change barrels in a couple of minutes and just as quick change from a pistol grip to a rifle stock. Stocks and barrels in more calibers than you can imagine are available or can be custom ordered from a bunch of after market and custom suppliers.

One vendors list of available calibers (they also sell frames and custom wood):
    https://www.bullberrylegacy.com/oldcustom-encore-barrels

Once you have your frame you can play mix and match just remember to never mate a pistol length barrel with a shoulder stock without a $200 dollar permission slip from ATF.

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    Buy a used T/C Encore doesn't matter if it is a rifle or pistol and the caliber also doesn't matter because you can change barrels in a couple of minutes and just as quick change from a pistol grip to a rifle stock. Stocks and barrels in more calibers than you can imagine are available or can be custom ordered from a bunch of after market and custom suppliers.

One vendors list of available calibers (they also sell frames and custom wood):
    https://www.bullberrylegacy.com/oldcustom-encore-barrels

Once you have your frame you can play mix and match just remember to never mate a pistol length barrel with a shoulder stock without a $200 dollar permission slip from ATF.

Yes, I was going to go that route however, a .500 s&w barrel 600 bucks and the T/C Encore 400+ bucks. 200 bucks still cheaper.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Yes, I was going to go that route however, a .500 s&w barrel 600 bucks and the T/C Encore 400+ bucks. 200 bucks still cheaper.

But once you have a frame buying extra barrels is fun, you can shoot all kinds of odd calibers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom