• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    We have powder, primers, bullets availability threads, so here goes...

I saw this site mentioned a few times in random past threads, but looked today for a friend wanting 28 Nosler and he was able to pick up some Nickel primed brass from the site. With the volatility of the primer market and not having to ship primed brass via HazMat, sometimes these make financial sense.

Redeye Reloading
    https://redeyereloading.com/product-category/brass/rifle-brass/primed-brass

Some items ship free, but many do not.

American Reloading
    https://americanreloading.com/18-brass?orderby=quantity&orderway=desc&id_category=18&n=13

Their supply comes and goes, but they do ship everything free and usually have discounts on brass similar to their bullet coupons.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I have been looking for affordable brass for 45 long colt since November. $50 per 100 for fired with primers in is no deal to me. Just don't see it ever in stock. Starline, my favorite, is always OOS. I got tired this weekend and Sunday just order a 500 round pack and figured i's get it in a month or so. Today I get a FedEx notification that it is on the dock waiting to be picked up and should be here Thursday. Damn, guess I'll be casting more bullets. They shipped way faster than I figured and probably have stuff in stock and just not updating the web store.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Anyone ever order once-fired brass from MoJo Precision ? (https://mojoprecision.com/)

Their website absolutely sux donkey dongs, you have to search or go through selection buttons on the side to get any meaningful selections. (The selection pictures don't show all available and there's no scrolling through)

But I did notice they had some unicorns (54r, 338lm, 50beo, 458socom, etc.) that I'm aware of, and they are not a crypto-only scam. So I dropped a small order their way as a test and will report back next week otherwise..

gwfrench

Aug 21, 2014
    Frederick, MD
    Didn't realize, but SGAMMO has some Hornady bullets and brass.
    Brass for 220 swift, 30-40 Krag, 303, 6.5x52 Carcano, 6.5-284, 6mm Rem, 460 S&W and a few others.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Anyone ever order once-fired brass from MoJo Precision ? (https://mojoprecision.com/)

Their website absolutely sux donkey dongs, you have to search or go through selection buttons on the side to get any meaningful selections. (The selection pictures don't show all available and there's no scrolling through)

But I did notice they had some unicorns (54r, 338lm, 50beo, 458socom, etc.) that I'm aware of, and they are not a crypto-only scam. So I dropped a small order their way as a test and will report back next week otherwise..

To follow up, I got my 338 lapua brass from MoJo today and am satisfied. The 75 mixed headstamps turned out to be 40 Lapua, 35 NT (lapua factory), 1 PPU, 1 338Norma, and 1 300winmag.

I've decapped them and have them swimming with some SS pins right now. I'll take some measurements later after dehydrating them. :D

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky
    Weights of the MoJoPrecision used brass:

Avg 326.5gn 330.6gn
    Min 322.6gn 326.2gn
    Max 335.3gn 335.5gn
    Lapua NT

All the lengths were within spec, pre-sizing, so further optimism

Will have to use a smaller bushing and neck expander when sized, to round up some of the necks that are dented. But overall I continue to be impressed.

IMG_2805D.jpeg

trickg

Guns 'n Drums
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 22, 2008
    Glen Burnie
    I have been looking for affordable brass for 45 long colt since November. $50 per 100 for fired with primers in is no deal to me. Just don't see it ever in stock. Starline, my favorite, is always OOS. I got tired this weekend and Sunday just order a 500 round pack and figured i's get it in a month or so. Today I get a FedEx notification that it is on the dock waiting to be picked up and should be here Thursday. Damn, guess I'll be casting more bullets. They shipped way faster than I figured and probably have stuff in stock and just not updating the web store.
    I know this post is well over a year old, but it's one of those things where sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy the ammo to get reloadable brass.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I know this post is well over a year old, but it's one of those things where sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and buy the ammo to get reloadable brass.

Powder Valley has Starline 45 Colt brass, if anyone is looking currently.

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    They seem to have a decent stock of a lot of stuff - they have 44 Mag brass in stock too, and the price is reasonable.

Powder Valley is usually worth at least a look. And they're quirky sometimes too, like right now.

Unless you want to wait to buy 1000 pieces directly from Starline, once they have 45 Colt back in stock? The "per piece" price on as few as 50 cases is actually cheaper today from Powder Valley than direct from the manufacturer, unless and until you're willing to buy 1000 pieces from Starline. You'll pay freight to Powder Valley, where you won't pay freight to Starline direct. But you don't need to order 1000 cases to reach Starline's best available price point either. If small quantity is what one wants, it can sometimes make sense to look to Powder Valley, pay the freight and bypass Starline direct.

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    Yeah, Starline direct is better but you need to get 250, 500 or 1000 and maybe not need the ASAP.

When I ordered 46LC I ordered on Thursday and for a shipping notice on Friday even though it showed backordered. Ordered 6.8 SPC 11/23 and still waiting. No order process so I guess I need to call and see if they fall out of the system after a while.

EDIT they said it stays in the system but would not answer if they need a certain amount order to make them.

Last edited:

Archeryrob

Mar 7, 2013
    This is what I got from Starline customer support. Probably very slow as I am ordering a more off the heavy use cartridge casing.

Thank you for reaching out. Your order is still active in our system, however at this time it’s really impossible for us to estimate any timeframes due to the volume of orders we have. Once we have the cases completed, we will process the orders in the order they were received. I apologize for the inconvenience.

There is no Threshold per se to having a run, it just is a matter of being able to work that caliber into the lineup. Unfortunately it is impossible to estimate when that will be, but when we are able to have a run, you have a place in line. We will reach out to you to update the payment information when we are closer to having those cases completed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom