• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdhunt

Jul 5, 2020
    I brought a HK416 .22lr from a Maryland Store. Brought it as cause I loved its looks. It is fun little gun made by Umarex under license from HK. Never jams at the range, have been shooting dirty Eastern European ammo thru it and it keeps chugging along. Easy to clean and you can buy high capacity magazine for it separately. IMHO It would be an awesome desert rabbit gun.

silver78

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2009
    I have owned two 15-22s. The regular gen 1 model and the PC model. I sold the regular one and kept the PC. Here's a picture of my daughters shooting it in December. They took turns shooting and spotting. It's the favorite family rifle.

WOVSbXw.jpg

camo556

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2021
    Mags are not unobtanium. I've seen them at gun shows for about 25-30. There is one coming up in VA you'll be able to get them.

Catch-10-22

Appleseed Shoot Boss
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 27, 2009
    PG County, MD
    Will echo what others have said in this thread.

The 15-22 is a great little rifle: lightweight, reliable, accurate (probably more accurate than folks give it credit for because they are typically plinking), and adaptable (easily suppressed, uses many AR parts - triggers, grips, stocks, etc.). I use it to introduce new shooters to the benefits of ARs, which they are typically convinced are evil from what they see on the news. After shooting this rifle they can't figure out what the big deal is and think everyone should own one. The mags are available, are easy to load, and just plain work (some rimfire mags can go bad with feed lips and such). There is a tool (for free) to check headspacing as part of the recall - thus they are Appleseed authorized again!

I think the Tippmann is a "better" rifle in terms of AR functionality, accuracy, and mags (I like the "shell" approach, but not everyone does) but the 15-22 is worth owning.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I located and loaded up on S&W mags by the score per order by copying and pasting the UPC code (or SKU) into the Search box at GunDeals.com, WikiArms, etc. on a weekly basis. i discovered by talking with folks at JoeBob’s, LuckyGunner, Dahlonega, etc. that there are online vendors with warehouse shelves filled with them … when their inventory system tells them to push them out there are some real bargain prices to take advantage of …

It almost appears as if they are produced once a year as, they are typically plentiful from Fall through Winter and then (for me last year) were unobtainium all summer long.

Not knowing any better at the time, last August & Sept I really screwed up and bought them at $23 and up when they first started appearing again only to see online vendors that got them later (Oct, Nov, Dec) selling them for as low as $19 (low in 2020 was $17)

Not sure if the 10-rdrs ever go below $21 to $23 which svcks …

Black: Item 60779 SKU 199220000 UPC 022188141603

FDE: UPC 022188149500

Smith & Wesson S&W M&P 15-22 22 Long Rifle 10-Round Polymer Factory Magazine SKU: 199230000

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

jef955

MDS Supporter
    Feb 26, 2011
    Maryland
    I have owned two 15-22s. The regular gen 1 model and the PC model. I sold the regular one and kept the PC. Here's a picture of my daughters shooting it in December. They took turns shooting and spotting. It's the favorite family rifle.

WOVSbXw.jpg

Hey - I know that range ! :party29:

hpbyhermann

Mar 10, 2009
    Edgewater MD
    Awesome times!

WOVSbXw.jpg

Very nice! I'm sure that they enjoyed it! I take mine to the range just about everytime I go! Haven't talked to you in a while Peter, I hope all is going well for you.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

WOVSbXw.jpg

I recognize that range! :)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    OK.
    Found a deal on the 15-22 and it's home today. Looked it over, a little wipe and CLP and fired a magazine for fun and function. Seems ok.
    Kinda cheap feeling, but...

Any ideas on prioritizing accessories? Better sights, optics, stocks, sling...

Last edited:

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    OK.
    Found a deal on the 15-22 and it's home today. Looked it over, a little wipe and CLP and fired a magazine for fin and function. Seems ok.
    Kinda cheap feeling, but...

Any ideas on prioritizing accessories? Better sights, optics, stocks, sling...

I say take it out, shoot it first, ask questions later. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom