What has the worst recoil that you've ever shot?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cornstalk

Mar 13, 2013
    "44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world."

Worst recoils handgun I've ever shot? "44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world." Well not any more. That is the most power I'd ever want in a handgun. If I need more power I'll carry a rifle before I'll ever get a handgun that weighs as much as a rifle.

kcgross

Apr 22, 2013
    MD
    Had to own a Ruger 1 safari grade in Winchester 458 Magnum

I just had to add one to add to my collection. I shot 510 grain bullets from Winchester factory loads. It kicked my ass.

Mr. C

Jan 1, 2020
    The worst recoil for me, hands down, was firing a Bond Arms Derringer with Federal .357 loads in it. It actually cut my hand. Never again.

Clif

Dec 3, 2012
    My old-style Ruger Super Blackhawk, .44 MAg w/ 7-1/2" barrel is plenty stiff. But the worst I ever shot was my brother's TC Contender handgun in .30-06 with the 15" barrel. I only fired it once.

ralph.mclean

GOC (Grumpy Old Cop)
    Jan 27, 2018
    Edgewater, MD
    Pistol: My buddy's Desert Eagle in .50 AE, one handed, as my other hand was holding/firing the same make/model gun, property of another friend, at the same time. (Only 1 round loaded in each - wanted to see what the fuss was all about after Arnold made the movie with Jim Belushi about a Russian cop coming to America. Red Heat... Later found out that they actually used a modified .357 Desert Eagle for Arnold.) And, I got kicked out of the range for doing it. I was young....

Rifle: 44-70 Lever action. I haven't shot any of the big, magnum rifle calibers. Three-inch slugs in an 18" barrel shotgun, over and over again, at age 60, run a close second.

jjjefferson

Aug 22, 2011
    Laurel, MD
    worst recoil

Handgun (Cannon) Desert Eagle Mark XIX in . 50AE. It has a huge hand grip that makes it a bit difficult.

Rifle: Weatherby 300 Magnum Mk V Accumark. Love it...but it does beat you up at the bench. 10 -12 rounds is plenty for the day. LOL. I have never noticed the recoil when hunting with it.

Shotgun: My brothers 10 Ga. Side-by-side. Fired it once....no need to fire it twice.

JB62

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2013
    Annapolis
    Rifle - Browning x-bolt in 300 Rum. Was a lightweight rifle and 3 shots and was done. It is buddies and gladly turned it back over to him. Recoil within reason usually does not bother me but that was not enjoyable.

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    ETA - Browning Gold Hunter 12 GA. 3 1/2" goose loads. I still have the remainder of the original box of shells. I love the gun, but 3" is absolutely plenty.

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Harrys

Short Round
    Jul 12, 2014
    SOMD
    The 76 mm that shot theses. Since in MD you can use straight cartriges for hunting Ya think DNR would have a cow if you showed up with one.

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Shooting .357 Magnum out of my Bond Arms Texas Defender derringer. Yow!
    Ouch, damn did you lose a bet? I’m not so sure I’d do that willingly. Due to the ergos of that little gun, it’s probably not a wrist-snapper, but more of a huge unfriendly concussive thump to the hand in general. No thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom