• teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    No love for Uberti?
    I just scored this nice 1873 from GB.
    It has an 18” half octagon barrel, and is chambered in 357 mag. I paid just over $1400 which may be a little high, but I’ve wanted one for a long time and don’t anticipate prices going down any time soon, if ever.

That’s gorgeous.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    No love for Uberti?
    It has an 18” half octagon barrel, and is chambered in 357 mag. I paid just over $1400 which may be a little high, but I’ve wanted one for a long time and don’t anticipate prices going down any time soon, if ever.

Nice. Looks a lot like my Iron Framed 1860 in 44-40 I got for $700.

I "won" a Henry Big Boy carbine length steel sidegate in 357 on gunbroker for 14 Benjamins.. just picked it up Monday. Had to cancel my Marlin 1894C order that was 14 months old. Ruger rep told me it's going to be 24-36 months before the entire Marlin line is back in production.. I can't wait that long. So I spent a few hundred more and got the available Henry..

Haven't shot it yet. Ordered the scope base and a 1X6x20 optic.. but taking it to the range with just irons and some reloads to break it in.. Im impressed with it so far.. it's a bit heavier than the Marlin but it sure feels good in my hands..

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    No love for Uberti?

The half round barrel is really nice. In today's market, you didn't really overpay.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    I was in Top Gun today and yes indeed he had a rack of some nice Winchester levers, about a dozen. Most were Commemoratives from a single collection that were in beautiful condition and configuration all priced reasonable with the boxes, $8-900 range I think. Considering they are real Winchester from the 1980's and New Haven plant and plain Jap 94's and repos are going for $12-1300, seems like more than fair prices.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    No love for Uberti?

Small world. I saw that one and almost bought it. I've been looking at many 1873's. I bought a Winchester Thursday and I'm looking for a Uberti like yours. That's a fair price, congrats.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    Small world. I saw that one and almost bought it. I've been looking at many 1873's. I bought a Winchester Thursday and I'm looking for a Uberti like yours. That's a fair price, congrats.

Thank you!
    It was up to 20 bids with three days left, so there was a lot of interest and I really didn’t want to get caught up in a bidding war and take the chance of missing out on it. The “Buy it Now” price really wasn’t that bad either, IMO.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    I stopped in Molly’s today while driving on the shore. They seemed to be well stocked with firearms and ammo, although they’re pretty proud of their stuff. The first thing that caught my eye was a used Rossi lever 44 magnum for $892.00. IIRC, A few years ago, one could get new that from Buds for around $520.00.

I stopped in Molly’s today while driving on the shore. They seemed to be well stocked with firearms and ammo, although they’re pretty proud of their stuff. The first thing that caught my eye was a used Rossi lever 44 magnum for $892.00. IIRC, A few years ago, one could get new that from Buds for around $520.00.

Molly's prices are retail or higher. They've always been higher than most places. Even Anglers and I think they are expensive..When Covid hit and ammo started getting rare and expensive Molly's gouged a bit...Especially their reloading supplies. Primers that normally sell for $40-50 per 1000 were $150 at Molly's...

Don't get me wrong, I still go in there and spend my money, I'm just informed and use them as a last place to look.

pre64hunter

Mar 19, 2010
    Harford County
    Thank you!
    It was up to 20 bids with three days left, so there was a lot of interest and I really didn’t want to get caught up in a bidding war and take the chance of missing out on it. The “Buy it Now” price really wasn’t that bad either, IMO.
    I just found the exact one on Guns International new in the box and bought it.
    It was just under $1400 total. I've been looking for the 1873.
    I got a Winchester last week and this one today. I'll post a comparison when I get them both together.

Dino

Ultimate Member
    Sep 21, 2006
    Beltsville, Md.
    I just found the exact one on Guns International new in the box and bought it.
    It was just under $1400 total. I've been looking for the 1873.
    I got a Winchester last week and this one today. I'll post a comparison when I get them both together.

I haven’t shot mine yet but I can say that it’s truly a work of art. Case colored hardening, fit and finish, and attention to detail are amazing. I look forward to hearing your comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom