• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The way the law is written, shooting some nerf guns is actually the same as shooting a 50cal.

Gun or firearm: Any rifle, shotgun, revolver, pistol, air gun, air rifle or any similar mechanism by whatever name known which is designed to expel a projectile through a gun barrel by the action of any explosive, gas, compressed air, spring or elastic.

I tried to explain to an old neighbor of mine - Korean war vet - that he couldn't just shoot a BB gun in his backyard legally, and he refused to believe me.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    In fact, using a BB gun in your back yard in MoCo is no different, legally, than cutting loose with a 50 cal.

Because, you know, BBs. They’re almost as bad as pellet guns!

My grandpa continued to dispatch racoons and squirrels with a .22 short pistol. Ask him if he cares about MoCo's idiotic laws. His neighbor is a giant libtard too.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Bob A is totally correct. I will add, since I swim in MoCo’s Karen-infested waters, that not only is opposing this sort of thing in THIS county (outside of court) completely and utterly unable to make the Kouncil Of Karens give up their hatred of anything related to guns and of you personally, but attempting to do so galvanizes them.

Because they operate in an hermetically sealed light-speed feedback loop of disdain for you and everything you say or do, coming to them to tell them they’re wrong instantly strengthens their commitment to doing anything they think will hurt you. This sounds hyperbolic, but it’s not. This is medieval religious war grade hatred. This is witch burning quality hatred. I’ve listened to these people speak amongst themselves. They talk in terms of wishing they could lock up every gun owner, R-voter, no-BLM-sign-in-yarder. Not jokingly, not ironically, but literally wish they could do it.

Appearing before them on this sort of matter gives them something mockable they can bitterly laugh and roll their eyes about when the taxpayers buy them a nice dinner out after the meeting. They didn’t respect your visit or consider your information or perspective for a second. At best they pitied you, and more likely they shared condescending jokes about it the moment the coast was clear. Because that’s what they think of you, and they are the monolithic political power in the county.

I’m not ragging on you, erwos, your motivations, or your commitment, or character. I’m telling you how those folks, their financiers, and the untold thousands of county residents who vote for them and pay their perks think and operate. After the fact litigation is the only way to counter them. Warning them in advance does nothing but improve their resistance to that correction and - looking you in the face - further convince themselves they’re right about you and the rest of us.

I wish none of this were true. But these are my neighbors. They are low information arrested development villains acting upon the world around them with a patronizing contempt they experience as virtue.

*****I live and work in MoCo and the above is so well articulated and true from my perspective as a resident, taxpayer, business owner, and employee in this area that I can't really add anything other than my similar thoughts and experience here.

I have to tread very very carefully at work, and around my neighbors, or others that I have to have regular contact with. The level of virtue signaling, sanctimony, and dripping condescension against gun owners or even just people that don't agree 100% with the current very left wing orthodoxy in this area is remarkable. It's tribal and like other tribes and groups, these folks have their own shibboleths that instantly identify those not on board with the current identity politics constantly reinforced in the MSM, the local schools, universities, etc..

It really is medieval level witch burning hatred against those not part of that group. The folks I know that are like this are generally exceedingly well educated people with advanced degrees, who make a very good living and have the resources to contribute to those who feel as they do.

The Council of Karens is very strong here and God help you if you draw their wrath. They generally aren't violent IME, but they have ZERO problems hiring or using others, under power of "authority" to get what they want. This is why a police or military force run by these types of ideologues scares me - they are smart and don't do their own dirty work but will gladly laugh as you or someone is hauled off to prison, or to some camp because they aren't 100% on the climate change bandwagon, don't have enough BLM signs in their yard, and don't think race, class, and gender should be the defining issues of our time nor believe fighting "racism" by being racist and seeing everything through that prism is how things should be.

I'm starting to see the veneer of civility in our area breaking down somewhat as these groups become emboldened with the power of the State behind them, and the normal checks and balances hamstrung by the current toxic political climate.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The only one on their knees are the ones that don't fight at every opportunity.

Given the conditions in MoCo, fighting at every opportunity approaches insanity.

Use your energy effectively. Or slam your head against the wall until you believe you've won.

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    Fun fact: The British actually gave up on the War of 1812 when their troops entered Montgomery County Maryland and were cited by the neighborhood association for noise disturbance and failure to practice veganism.

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Fun fact: The British actually gave up on the War of 1812 when their troops entered Montgomery County Maryland and were cited by the neighborhood association for noise disturbance and failure to practice veganism.
    Did the states attorney actually prosecute the charges, or dismiss them at court?

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC

Did the states attorney actually prosecute the charges, or dismiss them at court?

Are you kidding? They threw the book at 'em! Those guys were all open carrying Scary Assault Rifles, that was the worst part.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Are you kidding? They threw the book at 'em! Those guys were all open carrying Scary Assault Rifles, that was the worst part.

Technically, they weren't rifles, they were assault smoothbore muskets, which makes them load faster and be more killier than rifles. And they had bayonet lugs. Waaayyy scarier. No Colonist needs a musket with a bayonet lug. :lol2:

Last edited:

echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    Technically, they weren't rifles, they were assault smoothbore muskets, which makes them load faster and more be more killier than rifles. And they had bayonet lugs. Waaayyy scarier. No Colonist needs a musket with a bayonet lug. :lol2:

:shocked:

ZOMG, you’re right! Now I’m traumatized.

I may need reparations for the emotional suffering this would have done to my ancestors if any of them lived here back then.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Crosseye Dominant

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2018
    I spoke to my local Psychic Medium and she assured me that the Ghost Gun bill was pushed primarily to target J.E.B. Stuart and his Ghost cavalry. On June 27 1863 Stuart and his unit of elite horsemen crossed the Potomac and terrorized MoCo for 3 days. Every year the ghosts of the men and their horses return and relive their capture of Rockville. Per the Ghost Gun ordinances all loaded cap and ball revolver cylinders must be removed from revolvers and placed in a locked ghost saddlebag not easily accessible to the rider or any unleashed house cats. All ghost horse poop must also be collected and then dumped in Urbana once the ghost riders cross into Frederick. Ghost horse poop bags will be dispersed at a cost of 5 cents, which adjusting for inflation are 37 dollars a bag.

https://youtu.be/4pI22aYcxv0

chilipeppermaniac

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    If the game is rigged and you don't play, they get to claim the game ISN'T rigged and there's no evidence to the contrary. You get a bunch of people testifying against something, at least they have to admit there was some opposition.

I've lived in MoCo for 15 years. I know all about the idiots who live here, and how fascist some of them really are. Doesn't matter to me.

erwos, if you ever need a companion for a 2nd breathing soul to be living witness to the bad actors, feel free to alert me to future efforts.

Malleovic

Apr 21, 2017
    Maryland
    It was about 30 minutes of my time. Apparently, everyone hiding like a battered gun owner didn't work either. Not to worry, though, if you have an HQL at all, you're on the list. No need for noise.

If everyone is so scared that they won't even bother to put in ANY work - no testimony, no showing up, no nothing - we're gonna lose by default. It's that simple. Hiding is not a long-term strategy. You lose badly enough enough times, you won't even be able to use those guns in public anymore, and no one in their right mind holds on to unusable felonies in their basement for long.
    I'm not going to fault you for fighting the good fight on the front end. Every bit of effort put out to oppose this stuff on the front end has the potential to avoid eventual escalation and the need to fight later on when the consequences are more dire.

Hat is off to you.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    HAHAHA and MAN, I am cross eye dominant too. Left. But I am so ambi, I also switched to learn to shoot lefty TOO.

Ended up doing the same, but too lazy to change my forum name, lol.

I am so ambi that I have no eye dominance as well. I can shoot with either hand AND either eye. I smudge the left lens of my safety glasses so I will always see right regardless of which hand I have the gun in. You don't need to worry about cross dominance. Shooting right eye left hand, is actually my best (you can ask Leeann who lords the lefty thing over me).

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    BREAKING: Fed. District Court in MSI v. Montgomery County (against Bill 4-21) has remanded the case on counts 1, 2, and 3 back to Montgomery County Circuit Court. This case will move forward!
    Read the Opinion here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=297&catid=4&m=0
    Order here: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/documents?task=download.send&id=298&catid=4&m=0

Full case page and all related docs: https://www.marylandshallissue.org/jmain/counselor-s-corner/msi-v-montgomery-county

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom