• ...and so much more!
  • Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD

ryan2

Mar 18, 2020
    Seems like that can work but it is definitely crude.
    I don't know how the serial plate is embedded in the frame but I would worry that punching letters into a thin piece of metal will cause it to deform and possibly detach from the frame.

Put a round metal bar in the groove from back to support the serial plate, it should work fine. It is hard to find the right size letter punch though.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Unique SN but you need more on the other side like Psalm 23:4

“Your Rod and Your Staff, They Comfort Me”

Or John Hay’s quote

View attachment 331955

Attachments

• BC11837A-F92A-4EC2-9662-CCD89387EE28.jpeg
      BC11837A-F92A-4EC2-9662-CCD89387EE28.jpeg
      10.8 KB · Views: 308

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    So I was in Hanover Armory earlier to get my P80 frame engraved with a serial number. They said they can’t do it because it’s illegal.

I just wanted a serial number engraved on my frame so I can be identified if ever it gets lost stolen or whatever.

Where in AA can I get this done? Thanks

Hanover Armory is a JOKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    In the manufacture of firearms another enoty can do machine work for another and not be considered the manufacturer. So if ABC Machining roaches and serializes frame in contract to manufacturer Magnumite Armament, Magnumite Armament is the manufacturer, puts the frames or finished guns on the books, collects the excises taxes, etc..

In this case the citizen is the manufacturer and the engraver is the service provider. They performed on operation contracted to them. The burden of manufacture is still with the citizen…which in this case, does not sell the arm since they are not an ATF licensed manufacturer.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Ok, with Frosh pushing this,,, how does someone come up with a unique serial number? What if half way through engraving, the number going on your frame, gets put on another? This WILL become a HUGE Fluster cuck!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ok, with Frosh pushing this,,, how does someone come up with a unique serial number? What if half way through engraving, the number going on your frame, gets put on another? This WILL become a HUGE Fluster cuck!

Mine will start out with a couple letters.

Adding a serial number to your 80% frame is probably not going to satisfy whatever bill is put forth to make them illegal. They have no intention of allowing you to keep your home builds. They will ban them with no grandfathering and no allowance for a serial number..You're going to to have 2 choices...comply or resist...

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Adding a serial number to your 80% frame is probably not going to satisfy whatever bill is put forth to make them illegal. They have no intention of allowing you to keep your home builds. They will ban them with no grandfathering and no allowance for a serial number..You're going to to have 2 choices...comply or resist...

At a minimum they will require them by registered with MSP regardless of how the number is applied. That will tell the state who has them.

Time to resist folks. Do what you want. They don't care to fight crime. They only want obedience

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy

Serial numbers are specific to manufacturers. You can have the same serial number on two different guns made by different manufacturers.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    For that matter , specific to that MODEL from that Manufacturer . Ie , Colt has different S/N series for 1911, SAA , and Python . ( most blatant examples to be recognized by non Colt people )

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For that matter , specific to that MODEL from that Manufacturer . Ie , Colt has different S/N series for 1911, SAA , and Python . ( most blatant examples to be recognized by non Colt people )

I'm going to make up my own models.

My .50 Beowulf will be "Frosh's Wife's Strap-on"

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    I'm really curious to see the text of this law, and what hoops people would be expected to jump through to comply. All the while Ganster G in Baltimore still won't comply, and still won't end up in jail when caught.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Serial numbers are specific to manufacturers. You can have the same serial number on two different guns made by different manufacturers.

Fair enough, BUT, when built by hobbyists?

80% HAVE not been firearms, (subject to change) so, how are those duplicate serial numbers going to be addressed? (They were not manufactured by any company)
    There was a company that supplied a mold and resins, so you started with a 0% batch of chemicals, so are they included as you didn't purchase ANYTHING that resembles a firearm?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Fair enough, BUT, when built by hobbyists?

80% HAVE not been firearms, (subject to change) so, how are those duplicate serial numbers going to be addressed? (They were not manufactured by any company)
    There was a company that supplied a mold and resins, so you started with a 0% batch of chemicals, so are they included as you didn't purchase ANYTHING that resembles a firearm?

Don't all serial numbers start out with 0001, more or less? I have a lower that's serial number is 0014.

Look at Spikes lowers. They have different models depending on their many roll marks. They slap on a couple letters in front of the number that signifies which model it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom