• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PaFrank

Apr 2, 2020
    I was in a store for a transfer today in PA just across the De line.. Targetmaster.

The place was PACKED with all manner of ammo.. 4 skids of CCI mini mag 22LR was first to catch my eye... Skids of 223, 9mm and shotshells.. and the shelves behind the counter where the loose box ammo is was FULL .. looks like they had about everything..
    AND, there was no panic buying, everyone was shopping in a casual Pre-Biden manner..
    Plenty of guns too, all new stuff... the new shortage now from what i understand is in used guns... there ain't any!

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Bass Pro, Cabellas and many other places have ammo and at market prices. Market should drive pricing based on supply and demand. Prices should be high enough to maintain stock at least half the time. I"ve been saying that since summer of 2020 when people felt shops were gouging.
    Several months ago the retailers realized that and raised prices to stop the hoarding.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I glanced at the cabinet in wallyworld and saw a full shelf of Federal auto match 325 rd cartons for $21.

There is hope.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The worst of the drought has been over for six months. Now it's just waiting for the prices to slowly slide back down as imports compete with the cartel-esque ammo companies we have here. 2019 prices won't be here for a while, but I predict they will happen eventually if there are not any government interventions. SHOT had a ton of countries looking to export ammo, never mind that Turkey's currency collapsed and their ammo is now quite cheap. The supply is out there.

I glanced at the cabinet in wallyworld and saw a full shelf of Federal auto match 325 rd cartons for $21.
    Both times I've been to Walmart, they had Automatch and pretty much nothing of anything else. I'm not sure if that's because it's kinda meh ammo in general or because the margins are higher, but I scored three bricks each time, which puts me on good footing for the 2022 shooting season.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    The common calibers are reaching the point where buying one session's ammo at a time isn't stomach churning . But STILL waiting for :

Less common calibers and loads to reappear .

Components , particularly Primers to be come readily available , for only about Triple price

Common calibers to drop some more , and semi stabilize to start to stack up .

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Primer imports are coming. I saw a number of such endeavors at SHOT. They'll be pricey at first, but prices will drop as supply finally catches up to demand.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    What happens when Lake City has to allocate all their ammo to the US military?
    Unless we're going overseas to fight the Russians, this is an unlikely scenario. The Ukranians are running 5.45x39 and 7.62x39 rifles, and that's not what Lake City is designed to produce.

MTplinker

Dec 30, 2021
    Annapolis
    The common calibers are reaching the point where buying one session's ammo at a time isn't stomach churning . But STILL waiting for :

Less common calibers and loads to reappear .

Components , particularly Primers to be come readily available , for only about Triple price

Common calibers to drop some more , and semi stabilize to start to stack up .

Yep. Seen any .44 Magnum sitting on the shelf lately? How about .303 British or even 30-30 rounds?

Primers- exactly what Bigfoot said.

On the other hand, I keep getting a lot of sale notices for 9mm, etc., so retailers seem to be trying to move their product.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Sunday i was at Bass Pro/Cabelas on Sunday , they did not have much in pistol calibers . They have 9mm and .40 and two small bails of .22lr . Then they have a decent selection of rifle stuff .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom