• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • echo6mike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2013
    Close to DC
    For Glock/glock-alike builds, are Wuelf parts good? I see some packages with good pricing from them, so I thought I'd ask the hive mind here.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    For Glock/glock-alike builds, are Wuelf parts good? I see some packages with good pricing from them, so I thought I'd ask the hive mind here.
    Let me start off with, the only completely built out Glockish slides I've ever bough were true Glock slides. Any aftermarket slides I've built out have been pieced together using different companies components. Being a devout AR builder, I prefer to pick my own internals, as companies always seem to find someplace to cut corners. If I want to cut a corner, I want to be the one to choose which corner gets cut, rather than find out the hard way.

That said, I've poked around a bit and without reading every word, I'm getting the general feeling they've had their problems, both with materials and with CS.

I am a big fan of Lone Wolf slides. I've used a few and have always been satisfied with the results. I also like their standard barrels, but warn against their Alphawolf barrels. I've experience a couple having rough chambers. So rough in fact, they would not even allow a round to chamber. In both cases, I was able to smooth and polish them and they work fine now. I never recommend the Alphas for that reason. I've not experienced any other problems from Lone Wolf products.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    wel

Let me start off with, the only completely built out Glockish slides I've ever bough were true Glock slides. Any aftermarket slides I've built out have been pieced together using different companies components. Being a devout AR builder, I prefer to pick my own internals, as companies always seem to find someplace to cut corners. If I want to cut a corner, I want to be the one to choose which corner gets cut, rather than find out the hard way.

That said, I've poked around a bit and without reading every word, I'm getting the general feeling they've had their problems, both with materials and with CS.

I am a big fan of Lone Wolf slides. I've used a few and have always been satisfied with the results. I also like their standard barrels, but warn against their Alphawolf barrels. I've experience a couple having rough chambers. So rough in fact, they would not even allow a round to chamber. In both cases, I was able to smooth and polish them and they work fine now. I never recommend the Alphas for that reason. I've not experienced any other problems from Lone Wolf products.

Yup yup. We had fun with the slide I got Patmos? what a pita.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom