• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bad-hunter

Oct 15, 2019
    Taurus

I have had a Taurus PT92 for about 10 years. It is everything the Beretta is and more, I think. I have never had a problem with any ammo (although I reload most of my ammo) going through it. my model, the AR(Accessory Rail), is great for a light or laser site. It will take M9 mags, but they won't drop.

I also have a Taurus .357 model 608, 4" barrel. it is 8 shot and weighs 48 oz. It shoots everything I have fed it, and will shoot the hottest .357 loads with very little recoil. Very accurate and is all stainless. No problems with the revolver, either. Great gun to carry out west as a backup while you are skinning game.

downforthecause

refugee from communist MD
    Nov 13, 2009
    -pt92
    -pt111 g2
    -pt24/7 .40
    -public defender poly
    -raging bull 454 2.5"
    -raging bull 454 4"

Only issue I ever had was with a weird looking space gun thing, I grabbed on the cheap to lessen the blow from my wife if caught going to the safe. "Spectrum" or "curve"?

Retailer took it back for full refund.

Keltec and Taurus take way more heat than due. Great guns imo.

Cold Steel

Sep 26, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Back in the 80s, I acquired a Taurus 66. Out was the most beautiful .357 is ever owned. But when I got out to shoot it, I couldn't hit the broad side of the proverbial barn! I couldn't group at all.

When I got home, I measured the chambers. What I found stunned me. What I had was six beautifully drilled holes! There weren't any throats I could measure --- they were just holes. To make it worse, the throat of the barrel wasn't right.

I hated to get rid of it, but I gave it to my girlfriend at the time, then got rid of them both. That said, I did teach her to shoot and I'm reasonably sure she could dispatch an evildoer if she had to. As long as she's not attacked by an angry barn, she'll be fine.

If you can, try to find a good, used Ruger Security-Six. These guns are quite good, though finding them is getting more difficult. There are reports of these guns shooting many hundreds of thousands of rounds and begging for more. They have a modular design and can be stripped like an auto. I live mine and am reasonably certain you can find one of you put your mind to it.

The 6-inch Security-Six is an exceptional hunting
    and self defense gun.

The gun is wonderfully designed, ensuring
    strength and precision.

In the lap of Linda Hamilton in the movie, THE TEMINATOR. Too bad it's not loaded!

Feb 28, 2013
    I got 2 Tauruseses. Or is it “Taurii”

Anyhoo, I got the Beretta clone with the adjustable sights. Had it almost 25 years and fun to shoot

Also got the poor man’s wannabe Python like j8064’s got. I like em both

Dont think Id wanna buy a new one tho. Rumor had it they’s REALLY hit or miss, with more miss than hit

ohen cepel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 2, 2011
    Where they send me.
    If S&W still made things without a lock I likely would not own a Taurus. However, I went that way rather than buying a Smith with a lock in it.

QC is a bit iffy with Taurus but I'm not sure it is any worse than Smith now.

Johnny5k

Ultimate Member
    Nov 24, 2020
    I got a GX4 and I love it. Fit and finish is very nice, feels great in the hand, and shoots very well. Had to adjust the sights a bit out of the box, but once I did, it is very nice. About 500 various types of 9 through it and not a single hiccup to speak of. Several gun shops I frequent had good things to say, even saying that over the last couple years the number of Taurus guns coming back has slowed to a crawl, and is currently less than they see from several higher end brands.

I figure they must be doing something right, doing a 180 on a reputation like they had in this industry is no easy feat. Plenty of hold outs, but the change of attitude overall is nothing short of miraculous.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I got 2 Tauruseses. Or is it “Taurii”

Anyhoo, I got the Beretta clone with the adjustable sights. Had it almost 25 years and fun to shoot

Also got the poor man’s wannabe Python like j8064’s got. I like em both

Dont think Id wanna buy a new one tho. Rumor had it they’s REALLY hit or miss, with more miss than hit

The issues with their clones is on par with other makers clones. They usually miss the mark with their own stuff where they have to put in the R&D.

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    I got a GX4 and I love it. Fit and finish is very nice, feels great in the hand, and shoots very well. Had to adjust the sights a bit out of the box, but once I did, it is very nice. About 500 various types of 9 through it and not a single hiccup to speak of. Several gun shops I frequent had good things to say, even saying that over the last couple years the number of Taurus guns coming back has slowed to a crawl, and is currently less than they see from several higher end brands.

I figure they must be doing something right, doing a 180 on a reputation like they had in this industry is no easy feat. Plenty of hold outs, but the change of attitude overall is nothing short of miraculous.

Their customer service has always been good in my experience. I lost the taurus key and I called them up bought 2 they sent me 4. When I baught the Beretta 92 AFS from my buddy I stripped a grip bushing called them up and they sent me a full set for free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom