• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    The case is called United States v. Ervin: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/62632531/united-states-v-ervin/

Indictment: https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.flmd.398039/gov.uscourts.flmd.398039.57.0.pdf

FKIR2cMWQAMJ17Q

FKIR2cUXMAIGl8b

FKIR2c-XIAASL2X

FKIR2diWYAYUlve

Here he is waving an Auto Key Card around:

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Fuuuuuuuuuck that. Hopefully they are quickly found innocent and sue back to get compensation for this unconstitutional attack on them. A card with an image etched on it is not an autosear. There's no way that someone can take the card as it is and turn a semiautomatic gun into a full auto gun. Full stop. If the argument is that someone can take this piece of metal, take tools that didn't come with it, and manufacture autosears with it...so that makes the card an autosear, then arrest every business that has ever sold a metal coathanger.

https://www.recoilweb.com/turning-your-ar-15-into-an-m-16-150631.html

Does recoil and anyone that shares this link get arrested next for manufacturing machineguns for sharing mere images and information?

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    WOW , just WOW . that's CRAZY . if he was trying to sell autosears , that would be one thing , but a picture?

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Low hanging Fruit,,, On the far other end of the spectrum is Grandpa with his M1 Garand. (weapon of war)
    Question is,,, Where do you fall in the line up ??

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    There's another thread somewhere about the auto key card. Did you notice that part of the indictment was about setting up a go fund me page for a defense fund?

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    There's another thread somewhere about the auto key card. Did you notice that part of the indictment was about setting up a go fund me page for a defense fund?

Did you notice the parts of the indictment that weren't? There should be no need to set up a defense fund because he did not break the law.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Guy has balls to keep twisting the tiger's tail. Brains, maybe not so much.

On the other hand, maybe he ends up getting a nice settlement out of this instead of "pounded in the ass" federal prison time.

So, if we contribute to his (Matt Hoover's) legal defense fund do we become co-conspirators?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Guy has balls to keep twisting the tiger's tail. Brains, maybe not so much.

On the other hand, maybe he ends up getting a nice settlement out of this instead of "pounded in the ass" federal prison time.

So, if we contribute to his (Matt Hoover's) legal defense fund do we become co-conspirators?

No. An 'unwitting participant' maybe. Either way, I'd skip it.

Someone hands me a stick and suggests I poke the bear? Nah

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    If the argument is that someone can take this piece of metal, take tools that didn't come with it, and manufacture autosears with it...so that makes the card an autosear, then arrest every business that has ever sold a metal coathanger.

https://www.recoilweb.com/turning-your-ar-15-into-an-m-16-150631.html

Next year in the MD General Assembly: legislation limiting the sale, transfer and possession of metal coat hangers by or to owners of semi-automatic rifles. Constructive possession rules WILL be enforced; warrantless searches of homes and offices of anyone who has purchased a regulated long gun in the state will be enabled.

Johnconlee

Ultimate Member
    Mar 8, 2019
    Mechanicsville
    The nfa is a crock of unconstitutional bs. I’m not surprised the guy is getting charged with nfa related crimes. I would be expecting trouble if I posted that video on YouTube. I would also expect trouble if I posted how to make heroin or how to evade taxes videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom