• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Ever see how far up the tree trunk you could leave your mark?

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    It seems all guys do it and all our women think we are barbarians for doing it. I think they are just jealous that it is so easy for us to do it.

You got to spread that stuff around. I used several spots for convenience do to the roof over the patio and the plants did not fair to well there. The nitrogen burn can be real.
    "No honey, I got no idea why the plants are dying there. It must be the cats peeing in the garden still" as I rake extra mulch there and fluff it up to look like it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I had to relive myself once in the middle of the Shady Grove/Rt 270 overpass in the middle of a huge traffic jam. Boy did that feel good!

I'm sure there were a few wimins there who wished they were a boy at that moment...

mpollan1

Foxtrot Juliet Bravo
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 26, 2012
    Мэриленд
    I had to relive myself once in the middle of the Shady Grove/Rt 270 overpass in the middle of a huge traffic jam. Boy did that feel good!

I'm sure there were a few wimins there who wished they were a boy at that moment...

Ground zero for wimins adding boy things. Still puzzling on boys removing boy things.

Antarctica

YEEEEEHAWWW!!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 29, 2012
    Southern Anne Arundel
    My little boy started copying me peeing off the porch when he was about 3. His sister is only 15 months younger. I was astonished (and proud) one day to see her , at about age 3, drop trough, lean way back, and pee off the porch just like him.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    My little boy started copying me peeing off the porch when he was about 3. His sister is only 15 months younger. I was astonished (and proud) one day to see her , at about age 3, drop trough, lean way back, and pee off the porch just like him.

"The Glory of the Simple Life"

:D

Clay

Jul 22, 2021
    Simple? With a cost.

Simply put, if you’re reading these words, your way of life is the simplest that humans have ever lived.
    Huh? If you can afford an accountant to do your taxes, a financial planner to manage your retirement and have concierge health care, maybe. How many passwords did early hunter gatherers have to track? How much time spent filling out forms? How many distractions are at our fingertips to give us a dopamine fix when we get fried by the technological hoops we have to jump through? Work for years staring at a device so you can retire to be with family, sit by the campfire and go fishing. Pre-contact Pacific Islanders had it all. No major disease, food in ocean, from trees. Temperate climate. Surf, fish, eat, be with family.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way--in short, the period was so far like the present period that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County

~35 years later.... :innocent0

;)

Attachments

• 3770751836_4a30bee896_b.jpg
      3770751836_4a30bee896_b.jpg
      47 KB · Views: 109

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Simply put, if you’re reading these words, your way of life is the simplest that humans have ever lived.
    Huh? If you can afford an accountant to do your taxes, a financial planner to manage your retirement and have concierge health care, maybe. How many passwords did early hunter gatherers have to track? How much time spent filling out forms? How many distractions are at our fingertips to give us a dopamine fix when we get fried by the technological hoops we have to jump through? Work for years staring at a device so you can retire to be with family, sit by the campfire and go fishing. Pre-contact Pacific Islanders had it all. No major disease, food in ocean, from trees. Temperate climate. Surf, fish, eat, be with family.

Exactly!

There are none so blind than those who refuse(are incapable) to see...

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    And Darwin's theory would come back in play

Darwin's theory is always in play. It isn't generational. It is innate. If anything, modern life has cheated it, and yet, Darwin always seems to find a way...

Thank God

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    Pre-contact Pacific Islanders had it all. No major disease, food in ocean, from trees. Temperate climate. Surf, fish, eat, be with family.

Earthquakes
    Tsunamis
    Volcanic eruptions
    Typhoons and tropical storms
    Sharks, rays
    Dangerous reefs
    No way to predict items 1 through 4

I'm sure they didn't think they had it made... even if food was relatively easy to find they probably felt the world was a dangerous, unpredictable place and the gods of the ocean, wind, or volcanos could wipe them and everything they cared about from existance at any moment.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Earthquakes
    Tsunamis
    Volcanic eruptions
    Typhoons and tropical storms
    Sharks, rays
    Dangerous reefs
    No way to predict items 1 through 4

I'm sure they didn't think they had it made... even if food was relatively easy to find they probably felt the world was a dangerous, unpredictable place and the gods of the ocean, wind, or volcanos could wipe them and everything they cared about from existance at any moment.

They had no mosquitos, no typhoid, no small pox, etc. These are predictable. Your list is inclusive to their way of life and, if not predictable, reliable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom