• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Literally my exact reaction. Picked up the HBPW and 3 weeks later see the M4A1 marked version with Matech buis and KAC rail for sale.... Oh well, it was already a costly impulse purchase.

It is nice, so many premium items. It felt like a collectors item just because of the cost and markings not a target shooter or 3 gun platform. Frankly its probably a good value but I really liked the feel of the HBPW and can see me running a lot of rounds through this gun. Its also the second Colt I bought in the last 96 hours. Its tempting and a fair price but I think Ill leave that one there for someone who really wants one very similar to military issue. Who knows tomorrow I may wake up and change my mind.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    It is nice, so many premium items. It felt like a collectors item just because of the cost and markings not a target shooter or 3 gun platform. Frankly its probably a good value but I really liked the feel of the HBPW and can see me running a lot of rounds through this gun. Its also the second Colt I bought in the last 96 hours. Its tempting and a fair price but I think Ill leave that one there for someone who really wants one very similar to military issue. Who knows tomorrow I may wake up and change my mind.

For me it was a kick to the shin as I already planned to build my HBPW to a M4/M4A1 clone.

Luckily the barrel and guts are the same. Both great rifles. Very happy with mine so far

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    Gave it a run this weekend at TMGN. While we were unpacking our rifles the RO walked up a little confused. I wouldn't be surprised if he stops in to pick one up. It shot perfectly out of the box.

Also had a chance to test my recent build that has an Engage stripped lower. Works great with no slop at all. Everything is tight. Tried other uppers with the same result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom