"Transfer fees" on our own Gunbroker items...

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kevin

Manager at Duffy's
    Industry Partner
    Jul 19, 2013
    Sparks, MD
    Recently one of our customers was in a forum here posting about his new firearms and showing them off.

There was some excitement in the thread when someone noticed we included language in some of our auctions that we may charge a transfer fee for Gunbroker guns sold by us to customers who then would take transfer in the shop.

Frankly, we never charged that fee in the shop in those circumstances, though the language was there. It is not my intention to argue for or against the policy, or for or against the folks here commenting on it. We try to be considered and not make choices arbitrarily, and not make them out of disdain for the customer, but to try to continue to do business as a small business in a besieged and regulated industry.

The above thread got us to have this discussion again, and reconsider the reasons we have the policy. We have decided to withdraw the policy and will strike the language from gunbroker listings moving forward.

I wanted to post our response to that discussion here since some folks may not go back to that and see our response. Also because we want the Maryland Shooters community know we value your feedback.

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    I didn't intend to create a ruckus like that. BTW, the shotguns are great! If you weren't north of Baltimore I'd come by and visit again. And thanks for being flexible with my auction.

Gcs7th

Ultimate Member
    Jan 26, 2012
    AGC
    United is the best!

Aren't those the guys who "throw out" your non compliant magazines?

But Yep Duffy's is great I've made a few purchases through them including one on GunBroker and no fee, but I did call to ask about the transfer policy since obviously that affects one's bidding. Thanks for clearing up your policy on GB. :party29:

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Aren't those the guys who "throw out" your non compliant magazines?

But Yep Duffy's is great I've made a few purchases through them including one on GunBroker and no fee, but I did call to ask about the transfer policy since obviously that affects one's bidding. Thanks for clearing up your policy on GB. :party29:

And the "all handgun buyers must have a HQL because the owner says so" policy. Ef 'em, Duffy's is a nice shop.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    I am glad the language was removed. A few years ago, since Duffy's is local I had them on my favorites list on GB. At the time I worked in Cockeysville so it was a nice stop home. I watched things on GB, and the transfer charge language puzzled me. I called the store to clarify the policy, and was told the GB auctions were a separate operation from the shop and I would need to call back. That kept me from bidding.

I have since purchased a gun from their store, and the service was great. With the clarified policy, once I have some money I will be back to the shop, or back bidding on GB. Watching some items now. Back on my favorite seller list.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    I am glad the language was removed. A few years ago, since Duffy's is local I had them on my favorites list on GB. At the time I worked in Cockeysville so it was a nice stop home. I watched things on GB, and the transfer charge language puzzled me. I called the store to clarify the policy, and was told the GB auctions were a separate operation from the shop and I would need to call back. That kept me from bidding.

I have since purchased a gun from their store, and the service was great. With the clarified policy, once I have some money I will be back to the shop, or back bidding on GB. Watching some items now. Back on my favorite seller list.

:thumbsup:
    Same here!

Sirex