• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Park ranger

Ultimate Member
    Dec 6, 2015
    Understand. I'm looking at their 147 gold dots. They are coated black, with like a lubalox like black talons were.

I've never know a black coated gold dot. Wonder where they came from....

Buster Brown

Aug 11, 2019
    Southern MD
    Understand. I'm looking at their 147 gold dots. They are coated black, with like a lubalox like black talons were.

I've bought alot of bullets from American Reloading. Been pleased with most but some of the defensive hollow points have been pretty messed up. They usually give you a heads up in the description.

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    How are you aware of this sir? Did you receive an email maybe?

Is there a code that would need to be entered? Curious because I'm not seeing mention of free shipping on their site.

Thanks

I got an email yesterday stating that no code was needed for the free shipping.

Attachments

• E4A1F830-3BD0-4ABF-8F7E-E44C8DB8644E.jpg
      E4A1F830-3BD0-4ABF-8F7E-E44C8DB8644E.jpg
      85.2 KB · Views: 169

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I got an email yesterday stating that no code was needed for the free shipping.

Ok, thanks friend! This makes sense. Was curious because I've twice visited that site this week, including just this morning, and haven't seen any mention made of it.
    Gonna run through the order process with an eye on shipping, and see what happens.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Xtreme

This is the second time this month that they've offered free shipping. I've never seen them do this before with the exception of a first time order.

Correction, might have been last month that they offered free shipping. Still, I've bought from them before and never see free shipping.

85MikeTPI

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2014
    Ceciltucky

It's possible those are a hybrid G1 -> G2 design test that the MFG didn't end up going with. It's more similar to the G1 at the tip, but more like the G2 at the base. i couldn't find any commercial ammo that coated. It's not uncommon for American to pick up items like this and demil them for resale.. But get all/any you will ever want because I don't think you'll see them again

IMG_5880_zpsq7nv4afk.jpg

9mm-147gr-gold-dot-g2-black-coated-500ct.jpg

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    It's possible those are a hybrid G1 -> G2 design test that the MFG didn't end up going with. It's more similar to the G1 at the tip, but more like the G2 at the base. i couldn't find any commercial ammo that coated. It's not uncommon for American to pick up items like this and demil them for resale.. But get all/any you will ever want because I don't think you'll see them again

IMG_5880_zpsq7nv4afk.jpg

9mm-147gr-gold-dot-g2-black-coated-500ct.jpg

Yeah they are interesting. I went with a bunch of the 124gr GDs they had as they sound in good shape and I’ve got better faith in pushing those fast enough. The 147s look a more iffy on proper expansion depending on the media and seem to show a strong velocity dependent ability to expand properly. I don’t want to have to load them to +p pressures to get them to expand. The 124s though look like they preform really well at regular and +p velocities.

Those plus some 120gr FMJ .264 bullets at a frankly ridiculous price with the 25% off and free shipping for the both.

Hard to argue the ability to load a good defensive bullet at about a 10% premium over the cheapest FMJ.

cotman68

Feb 21, 2010
    Stewartstown, Pa
    Yeah they are interesting. I went with a bunch of the 124gr GDs they had as they sound in good shape and I’ve got better faith in pushing those fast enough. The 147s look a more iffy on proper expansion depending on the media and seem to show a strong velocity dependent ability to expand properly. I don’t want to have to load them to +p pressures to get them to expand. The 124s though look like they preform really well at regular and +p velocities.

Those plus some 120gr FMJ .264 bullets at a frankly ridiculous price with the 25% off and free shipping for the both.

Hard to argue the ability to load a good defensive bullet at about a 10% premium over the cheapest FMJ.

I ordered 500 of those 147 gr black coated bullets and 1,000 .223 62 gr SP. price is hard to beat with the 25% off and free shipping. Probably should’ve gotten some 124’s as well. Their descriptions are pretty good based on previous orders I’ve placed

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I ordered 500 of those 147 gr black coated bullets and 1,000 .223 62 gr SP. price is hard to beat with the 25% off and free shipping. Probably should’ve gotten some 124’s as well. Their descriptions are pretty good based on previous orders I’ve placed

Yup. I ordered 500 200gr elastomer filled JHP .451 bullets awhile back (federal guarddog). I still haven’t had a chance to load them up, but they look good.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Even deeper discounts at American Reloading now. Heck, they've got .308 175gr SMKs for 25% off (Xmas), plus an extra 5% (Santa). The codes stack. For less than half price, with free shipping, compared to anywhere else, very worth it. I'd grab a couple of stacks, but no idea if my guns like them :-)

I've only ever shot 168gr GMM, not 175s. I know that my Sako is a slower twist and prefers 155s. Though my AR-10 is fast enough twist 175s will probably work well.

I received my 147gr GD2 order today. As expected, they had pull marks, which is A-OK at the price point. I would say 4/5 do not have the elastomer core, but they weren't pictured with them, so I am still happy. These will make for some nice heavy .357 Sig pills, as well as 9mm heavies.
    I just scooped up the last of the 124gr HST's a few minutes ago.
    25% off and free shipping is a quick way to clean out a bank account.

dbledoc

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 8, 2013
    Howard County
    I received my order from American Reloading too. However, I am not pleased. I ordered 123 gr TMJ and received those (mild pull marks). However, I also ordered the 147 gr G2, they were not in the shipment and so far American Reloading says they shipped them. I tried calling and customer service hangs up before saying hello…
    No reply yet to emails.

Hopefully they make it right.

I received my order from American Reloading too. However, I am not pleased. I ordered 123 gr TMJ and received those (mild pull marks). However, I also ordered the 147 gr G2, they were not in the shipment and so far American Reloading says they shipped them. I tried calling and customer service hangs up before saying hello…
    No reply yet to emails.

Hopefully they make it right.

Their website says they're closed today and tomorrow to spend time with their families.
    If necessary, I can part with 500 GD2 at cost for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom