• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Does anyone know if this means anything negative with regard to membership status and magazine subscriptions?

I think it was just tactical move to stop the lawsuit in NY.

--------------------------------------------------------------

“The NRA is not “bankrupt” or “going out of business.” The NRA is not insolvent. We are as financially strong as we have been in years,” he added.

No major changes are expected to how the group operates, the announcement added. The group’s headquarters remains in Fairfax, Virginia.

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    Does anyone know if this means anything negative with regard to membership status and magazine subscriptions?

“The plan can be summed up quite simply: We are DUMPING New York, and we are pursuing plans to reincorporate the NRA in Texas.”

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008
    Hazzard County
    Seems like a business move to me. Remember Magpul moved out of Colorado and everyone applauded their decision. As for LaPierre, I do think it is time for a change there.

I hope the judge overseeing the reorganization requires he never grace the doors of the headquarters ever again.

tall.guy88

Ultimate Member
    Feb 9, 2013
    West Virginia
    Im not really concerned about this. There are more gun owners in America than ever. We are not going away. NRA mismanaged their funds and organization for the last ten years. Im joining GOA soon.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    The way I'm reading it, it's just a paperwork drill to un-incorporate in NY due to all the false lawsuits etc. and re-organize in TX.

Samlab

Feb 14, 2018
    Down by the riverside
    HitwTom is correct....they are not bankrupt this is typical move from Yew Nork, and incorporate in Texas, land of the free for now, if that doesn't work think Florida. Love how the media first comes out and announces as if the NRA is going under. Just propaganda and innuendo at play. :sad20:

twybyll

Jan 20, 2021
    MD
    Here is an article about potential issues with the NRA bankruptcy.

https://www.creditslips.org/creditslips/2021/01/nra-bankruptcy.html

Thanks, interesting article, a lot of shady stuff going on. It sounds like LaPierre and the others will still be liable for misusing membership fees for their own gain, which is good.

They haven't done a good job defending 2A lately IMO. And if they have to cower from NY, how can you put trust in them to be able to accomplish anything anyway? A strong org should be there in places that need it the most.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    ???

Wayne, regardless of what actually went on with him (I haven’t followed it that closely) needs to step down because he is a distraction if nothing else. Plus, he’s had more than his share of time there.

"???" ?

I'm referring to the link you posted in the quoted portion of my reply.

Here's the specific quote from the link:
    By filing for chapter 11, is the NRA admitting it mismanaged donor funds?

Not at all. We have utilized all donor contributions in furtherance of the NRA’s mission. This action is necessitated primarily by one thing: the unhinged and political attack against the NRA by the New York Attorney General.

A restructuring plan is a proven mechanism for streamlining legal and business affairs. All membership fees and donations will continue to be used in furtherance of our Second Amendment advocacy.

Pretty much indicates they're giving Wayne a pass. Unless NRA had a GQ moment, and is showing us rednecks what sartorial excellence is all about. I didn't realise that was part of their mission.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom