• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    shot a Hell cat and M&P at a rental range,, shocked on how difficult loading 10 rounds in the mag was (9MM on both)
    I'm embarrassed to say that I was unsure I would get it loaded a few times.

Are 9mm "mag loading assist" devices all that helpfull?
    Are they Universal? (will they work on all 9mm mags)

What is a good brand ?, not cheap, but good, as in works.
    Prefer something that works on all brand mags,, as I never know what I will be shooting

gwchem

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 18, 2014
    SoMD
    The uplula one works on all the double stack magazines I've tried. It's worth every penny.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have the Helcat and I found it no difference than stuffing that last round into a standard glock mag. However the mag loading devices all work pretty well.

Which did you like better? M&P or the Hellcat?

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    The uplula one works on all the double stack magazines I've tried. It's worth every penny.

I agree, I have the same one linked in post 3
    When you are in a long range session, it saves the thumb.
    Also helps with newbies to get them free from the frustration of loading the mag which can take away from their experience especially if its their first time.

missedthebarn

Jan 1, 2021
    shot a Hell cat and M&P at a rental range,, shocked on how difficult loading 10 rounds in the mag was (9MM on both)
    I'm embarrassed to say that I was unsure I would get it loaded a few times.

Are 9mm "mag loading assist" devices all that helpfull?
    Are they Universal? (will they work on all 9mm mags)

What is a good brand ?, not cheap, but good, as in works.
    Prefer something that works on all brand mags,, as I never know what I will be shooting
    I found it a pain for the first few loads as well for the 11 round mag but not the 13. Breaks in but I still use the upula on a regular basis because I am impatient.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Uplula/maglula - indispensable. So to speak.

They make them for various sizes of pistol mags, and various rifle mags. I've got 4 different ones, and my thumbs thank me every time I use 'em.

Rick

NRA Life Member
    Feb 25, 2016
    Eastern Shore
    Another vote for the Maglula Magazine Loader.

Maglula Magazine Loader - if it's good enough for Hickok45, it's good enough for me (or you)!

Mr.Culper

Jan 16, 2021
    I am not a semi auto hand gun person,,,,,,
    I have shot the M&P 2.0 Sub compact before and loved it (3.6"), A dream to handle. So much, a that my instructor was impressed with my shooting.

Fast forward to this week,, I thought I would LOVE the Hellcat.
    I shot 50 rounds in the M&P SC 9mm, Then switched to the Hellcat.
    Damn thing about flew out of my hands,, there is no mass to soak any recoil,
    I tried to like it, and I will shot it some more to possibly learn to like it. But just does not want to stay in my grip like the M&P SC does.

Holding them side by side, except for barrel length (HC-3.1", M&PSC - 3.6"), they are REAL close in size,, but the M&P "Stayed" in my hands better WHILE shooting. While just handling them, the Hellcat felt OK.
    I wanted to love the Hellcat because it was an OSP model,, while the M&P SC is not available with an optics ready slide, have to step up to the 4.0" compact for that

I have the Helcat and I found it no difference than stuffing that last round into a standard glock mag. However the mag loading devices all work pretty well.

Which did you like better? M&P or the Hellcat?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I am not a semi auto hand gun person,,,,,,
    I have shot the M&P 2.0 Sub compact before and loved it (3.6"), A dream to handle. So much, a that my instructor was impressed with my shooting.

Fast forward to this week,, I thought I would LOVE the Hellcat.
    I shot 50 rounds in the M&P SC 9mm, Then switched to the Hellcat.
    Damn thing about flew out of my hands,, there is no mass to soak any recoil,
    I tried to like it, and I will shot it some more to possibly learn to like it. But just does not want to stay in my grip like the M&P SC does.

Holding them side by side, except for barrel length (HC-3.1", M&PSC - 3.6"), they are REAL close in size,, but the M&P "Stayed" in my hands better WHILE shooting. While just handling them, the Hellcat felt OK.
    I wanted to love the Hellcat because it was an OSP model,, while the M&P SC is not available with an optics ready slide, have to step up to the 4.0" compact for that

I have not used the M&P but I should have qualified that I like the 13 round mag with the Hellcat.

gremlin42

Apr 16, 2020
    variable
    The m&p mags are ridiculous, the 10 rd mags that shipped with mine are near impossible to hand load and the 15 rd mags aren’t a lot better. I got this cheapo thing off amazon from IJW loaders and it’s great, maybe not as easy as a maglula but it’s been good enough even while constantly reloading in a steel challenge.

Magnumite

Ultimate Member
    Dec 17, 2007
    Harford County, Maryland
    Mag loaders help. Definitely, even a decently designed plunger type. What you will notice is getting those top rounds in are the roughest for the first few loadings. The mags in my 365 were kicking my tail without a mag loader until I shot a few compliments through each mag. To be honest, one mag I didn’t top off for two cycles then got all determined about the task. Next time I won’t forget the mag loader.

Chat-Bot

Disinformation Governor
    Oct 17, 2020
    под скалой
    Save That Thumb

I Always load first round by hand and rest with UpLULAs. Don't know how much it's really "protecting" the followers by doing that. Makes it easier loading without looking and good for anyone used as a re-loader while you're quickly taking down those naughty paper/plastic/steel targets.

These things are durable and held up for decades.:thumbsup:

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    To paraphrase a famous commercial, "Never leave home for the range without a Maglula/Uplula magazine loader"! They are great.

Cal68

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    Yeah I leave one in my range bag. Learned a long time ago to leave a 10/22 10 round mag, an AR-15 10 round mag and an uplula pistol loaded in there.

I’ve yet to meet a single stack that sucked super bad to load unless the feed lips had a sharp edge. I’ve yet to meet a double stack, single feed pistol mag that doesn’t suck to load. I usually load the first few rounds without the loader as most aren’t bad at all. Usually by about 1/3 through the mag I switch.

My Glock 21 10 rounders SUCK to get the last round in. 13 round mags are far easier to charge up the last round.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom