• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WandC

Feb 10, 2021
    I have the G19X although it's too large to conceal in my opinion. I looked at the G43, Hellcat and shot a Sig365 today.

I think the Sig 365 compact is the right gun for me. Looking to order one.

Thanks.

hillbilly grandpa

Jan 26, 2013
    Arnold
    Try the Sig 365 XL before you make a final decision. Just a bit larger, has a straight trigger, and is a great shooter. I find it a little easier to handle in holster draw action shooting drills. I liked the 365 when I first shot it but didn't make the buy. After I shot the XL I was glad I didn't. Give it a try.

missedthebarn

Jan 1, 2021
    I have the G19X although it's too large to conceal in my opinion. I looked at the G43, Hellcat and shot a Sig365 today.

I think the Sig 365 compact is the right gun for me. Looking to order one.

Thanks.
    I am a full size Sig guy and bought the hellcat. You really want to rent the 365, 365XL and Hellcat before deciding especially on sub-compacts. They all handle and carry differently even when they appear similar.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    Remember that the proper holster makes all of the difference with a carry gun. I can CCW a Glock 19, and not feel like I am printing. Proper dress makes a difference, also.

Travis Bickle

Jul 13, 2012
    MoCo
    I carry a p365xl in a Dara Holster. I have also carried a p365 in a Vedder light tuck in the past. Both are great options in my view. You can also swap the grip modules to put the XL frame on a P365 if the short grip bothers you.

The 365 is dimensionally smaller than the Glock 48/43x and has better capacity. I too did not want to switch from Glock and almost picked up a g43, but it’s hard to push against the merits of the P365xl/p365 design.

Elite shooting sports in VA has all flavors of Glock and sig for rent. I’d say try them all out but that’s probably not an option right now if they don’t have 9mm

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    A good belt , reasonably decent holster , and a modicum of dressing around the gun with the 19X .

WandC

Feb 10, 2021
    All great points and at the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to comfortability. There are so many holster options. Appreciate the advice and ideas.

Crazytrain

Certified Grump
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 8, 2007
    Sparks, MD
    I'm not an expert and haven't been able to carry since I left Massachusetts 17 years ago (it's truly astonishing that a gun hostile state like MA has friendlier carry laws than MD). That said, I used to carry a S&W 6906, which I think is roughly in the same size range as a G19. I never had any trouble concealing it, although it took a couple weeks before I began to believe that not everyone was staring at me.

I now have a SIG SP2022 which is a big carry gun by today's standards, but still pretty compact. The few times I have carried it was perfectly comfortable and as far as I can tell never detected. I also have a Sig 365. It's small. And that is good. It's super concealable. But I just prefer more of a mid size gun if clothing will allow.

Again...the rules say no pew pew in this state, so I'm mostly working on old memories.

Last edited:

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    All great points and at the end of the day, I suppose it comes down to comfortability. There are so many holster options. Appreciate the advice and ideas.

Keep it simple with holsters. Veddar makes a good IWB for a small (365Xl or 43X) sized gun. If you are set on a G19 Alien Gear would be my recommendation.

Beyond that it is a belt decision. I like the quick adjustable ones like Kore. Or get a nice leather one from thebeltman.com.

I always add a pancake style leather holster to my carry rotation as well. It is the most comfortable way to carry for me when clothing allows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom