• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Beyond Maryland legal questions, I’d want what is likely to drop it. Which isn’t going to be a sub unless you drill it through the spine, brain pan or maybe shoulder (I’d question an expanding subsonic bullet being able to drill both shoulders and only breaking one shoulder might not drop it, probably could)

Only ethical shot I see being used in this regard(and the only shot I'll take) is a broadside double lung shot avoiding all major bone structure all together. Think arrow with broadhead. That, in my opinion, is the only shot you should take with a sub. I know this from others who do this. I suppose one could mess around with non(or barely) expanding bullets, but head shots only.

I'm using these...

https://www.lehighdefense.com/300-b...c-hunting-and-defense-handgun-rifle-ammo.html

Attachments

• lehighd.jpg
      lehighd.jpg
      52.2 KB · Views: 94

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Lehigh Defense or Discreet Ballistics. Either one is a very effective hunting round in the 300AAC.

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    The deer don't go far at all when you know your trajectory and use the right bullet for subsonic speeds. I use a 45/70 fast twist and a Lehigh Defense bullet loaded over some 2400. Paired with one of my form 1 suppressors it's close to "Hollywood" quiet. Here's a guy who uses the same rounds in his .458 Socom.

https://youtu.be/Gu8_0Y2IGF8

C.Alls

Nov 9, 2013
    What makes them not legal for Md?
    Serious question.I am thinking of getting a can for deer hunting.It would make the neighbors happy.The property lines are close,so I would want the best killing bullet for behind the shoulder shots if that's possible with subs

Find a T.C. Encore "pistol" frame and install an arm brace or use it as a pistol. Then have one of the many awesome barrel manufacturers build you a 45/70 barrel under 16" and install a suppressor or build a form 1. A 400 grain cast subsonic HP round will easily exceed the 700ft/lb requirements and drop them where they stand if you're a good shot.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The deer don't go far at all when you know your trajectory and use the right bullet for subsonic speeds. I use a 45/70 fast twist and a Lehigh Defense bullet loaded over some 2400. Paired with one of my form 1 suppressors it's close to "Hollywood" quiet. Here's a guy who uses the same rounds in his .458 Socom.

https://youtu.be/Gu8_0Y2IGF8

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    How did you do Buff? Did you get a load worked up? What was it if so and your velocity?

I'm planning a trip out there in the next few weeks(3 at the earliest), it would be fun to meet(or at least, interesting) you one Sunday morning out there...:)

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    How did you do Buff? Did you get a load worked up? What was it if so and your velocity?

I was having trouble finding projectiles, but I did locate 4 boxes of Hornady Sub-X 190 grain ammo for the 300 Blackout from Smokey Mountain Knife Works very reasonably priced for the times. I only got out in the woods 1/2 half a day so I never got off a shot. Long story to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom