• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Defense Rifle

Jul 1, 2016
    NC
    The GOP sweep of 3 statewide offices Gov, Lt Gov., and AG and retaking the House is really telling especially given VA voted for Biden with a 10pt margin.

However, I don't think this is a fluke. There's a core GOP base that turned out in record numbers, but most importantly the suburbs swung hard towards GOP.

VA-STATE-MAP-SHIFT-xsmall.jpg

Some key stats from Exit Poll surveys

1. Youngkin won 50+% of the Latino vote in VA
    2. Youngkin won 55% of the Asian-American vote
    3. Youngkin won majority of white-female not college educated (a demographic Trump lost with in 2020, but won with 2016).

Why are these stats important, because the same pattern has been happening in Texas. Texas contrary to the constant 'will Texas turn blue in xxxx' is actually turning more red as more Latinos in south Texas vote Republican. Latinos and Asian Americans are a demographic Democrats absolutely need to win in every purple/swing state.

The other takeaway is Virginia is winnable for Republican statewide but majority suburban support is needed. Virginia unlike Maryland isn't a lost cause. Youngkin's strategy could very well be effective in Colorado/Wisconsin/Michigan/PA.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    Thanks for posting this up.

It has always been my suspicion (and may have posted it elsewhere here on MDS) that the principles and values of the Hispanic and Asian demographics are in divergence, if not sharp contrast, with those of the Liberal Left, “in large part.”

Don’t want to over generalize but the first and second generation Hispanics that members of my family have married all firmly believe in the concepts of nuclear families and while having a “live and let live” attitude toward the alphabet-gender-conflicted things like trans and cross dressing males using women’s bathrooms AINT. GONNA. FLY. And neither are pol.s trying to cater to alphabet-gender-conflicted voter bases.

Likewise, the Asian citizens I talk to have nothing short of admirable work ethic and cast a skeptical eye toward entitlement programs and are quick to recognize Democratic politicians buying votes with taxpayer-funded “social programs”

I strongly suspect that Democratic Liberal Left attempts to “use” Hispanic and Asian demographics in the manners that they have successfully manipulated vast numbers of other demographic populations within the US is going to back-fire on the Left. And particularly when the Left doubles down on stupidity like that leading up to the election in question.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonapart

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    Thanks for posting this up.

It has always been my suspicion (and may have posted it elsewhere here on MDS) that the principles and values of the Hispanic and Asian demographics are in divergence, if not sharp contrast, with those of the Liberal Left, “in large part.”

Don’t want to over generalize but the first and second generation Hispanics that members of my family have married all firmly believe in the concepts of nuclear families and while having a “live and let live” attitude toward the alphabet-gender-conflicted things like trans and cross dressing males using women’s bathrooms AINT. GONNA. FLY. And neither are pol.s trying to cater to alphabet-gender-conflicted voter bases.

Likewise, the Asian citizens I talk to have nothing short of admirable work ethic and cast a skeptical eye toward entitlement programs and are quick to recognize Democratic politicians buying votes with taxpayer-funded “social programs”

I strongly suspect that Democratic Liberal Left attempts to “use” Hispanic and Asian demographics in the manners that they have successfully manipulated vast numbers of other demographic populations within the US is going to back-fire on the Left. And particularly when the Left doubles down on stupidity like that leading up to the election in question.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake." - Napoleon Bonapart

I find that Asians tend to become less conservative the farther their family is for the day immigrated here.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Well, according to CNDNC, MSDNC, PBDNC, the GOP won because of White Supremacy. You know, voting for one white over another white guy and for a Black Lt. Governor is White Supremacy. It couldn't be any clearer. Also, teaching white children that they are evil and black children that they some how will always need the support of Government to succeed never happened and anyone who went to their school board to petition their government as is their right is a domestic terrorist.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Remember, election are about the issues. Not the candidates themselves.

:lol: So far seems like 2/3 of the population will pull R or D and don't care who is on the ticket, the rest tend to vote against the bigger A-hole. If it wasn't for the governor's policies directly causing the rape of a girl in her school bathroom, systematic coverup, and arrest of her father at a schoolboard meeting a couple weeks before the election, gov Mcdips#!t would probably have cheated enough to win. The problem is almost, but not quite 1/2 voted for him, and to continue his policies anyway.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Well, according to CNDNC, MSDNC, PBDNC, the GOP won because of White Supremacy. You know, voting for one white over another white guy and for a Black Lt. Governor is White Supremacy. It couldn't be any clearer. Also, teaching white children that they are evil and black children that they some how will always need the support of Government to succeed never happened and anyone who went to their school board to petition their government as is their right is a domestic terrorist.

That’s the narrative they’re pushing. Welcome to the Twilight Zone!

Attachments

• C960E382-6168-4199-BA5E-DAC96CB5EB53.jpg
      C960E382-6168-4199-BA5E-DAC96CB5EB53.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 345

OMCHamlin

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    May 17, 2017
    The Cumberland Plateau
    Remember, election are about the issues. Not the candidates themselves.

Remember, when you shut that curtain, elections are about whatever you want them to be about... :D

(and when your vote is negated by 100 fake votes cast illegally for a democrat, then elections are about whatever THEY want it to be...:mad54: :sad20:)

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think its important to note here as well, Baltimore city actually moved toward Trump in 2020. The GOP can not just ignore those core "democrat" areas. There are definitely people in those areas of all demographics that are fed up.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    I think its important to note here as well, Baltimore city actually moved toward Trump in 2020. The GOP can not just ignore those core "democrat" areas. There are definitely people in those areas of all demographics that are fed up.

The "middle finger vote" cuts across many demographic lines.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    Virginia Beach state House race upheld for GOP candidate
    A three-judge panel overseeing a recount in a close Virginia Beach state House race upheld the Republican candidate’s victory on Friday, a decision that also reaffirms the GOP’s takeover of the chamber and completes the party's sweep of last month's elections.
    The certified results from the election showed Republicans leading in 52 districts and the Democrats leading in 48. The recount in the 85th District race resulted in Democratic incumbent Alex Askew gaining 12 votes, but he still trailed Republican challenger Karen Greenhalgh by 115 votes. There was one contested ballot. The panel found that the intent of the voter was unclear, so that ballot was not counted for either candidate.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/virginia-state-house-race-republican

Though the second recount, in the 91st District, is still expected to proceed next week, Democrats no longer have a shot at undoing the GOP’s majority.

spur0701

Dec 31, 2009
    Here's a quote from a New York times analysis I ran across:

"In 2008, there were only four small Virginia counties where Republicans won 70 percent or more of the vote in that year’s presidential race. Nowhere was the party above 75 percent. This year, Mr. Youngkin was above 70 percent in 45 counties — and he surpassed 80 percent in 15 of them.

“Look at some of those rural counties in Virginia as a wake-up call,” said Steve Bullock, the Democratic former governor of Montana who made a long-shot 2020 presidential run, partly on a message that his party needed to compete in more conservative parts of the country. “Folks don’t feel like we’re offering them anything, or hearing or listening to them.”

Mr. Youngkin not only won less populated areas by record margins — he was outpacing former President Donald J. Trump’s 2020 showing in even the reddest counties, including by six percentage points in Bath County — but he also successfully rolled back Democratic gains in the bedroom communities outside Washington and Richmond, where many college-educated white voters had rejected Republicanism under Mr. Trump."

Which jibs with the info the OP posted at the start of the thread. However, having said that, Youngkin only won by about 70K votes.....and both campaigns spent about $57 million each (Youngkin about $500K more than McAuliffe), $20 million of which was Youngkin's own money.

I hate to be a pessimist, but if Youngkin wasn't filthy rich and McAuliffe didn't step on his schlong with that comment about "Parents shouldn't have a say on what's taught in schools) I'm not so sure we would have won.....which makes me fearful of the next election.

dannyp

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 30, 2018
    I hate to be a pessimist, but if Youngkin wasn't filthy rich and McAuliffe didn't step on his schlong with that comment about "Parents shouldn't have a say on what's taught in schools) I'm not so sure we would have won.....which makes me fearful of the next election.[/QUOTE I agree with this , the education quote in a debate sank his ship . no more , no less .

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    I agree, but it was enough to turn the tide. Even better, in my opinion, is the super progressive wing that thinks they lost becuase they weren't crazy enough. If they truly believe that, they will be even further to the left and hopefully alienate a bunch of moderate voters. I really think that the 2020 election showed a lot of moderates voting against Trump becuase he had some mean tweets and he isn't a nice person. I didn't like a lot of his tweets and think he is a narcissistic a-hole... but I was voting for someone to lead the country, not give me moral advice.

I think that if Trump does NOT run, but perhaps a Trump-esque candidate like Desantis, we could win the next presidential election. Someone with Trump's policies, which clearly worked, but perhaps a little more of a polished finish that doesn't offend the moderate voters.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    i still think there was fraud

Here's a quote from a New York times analysis I ran across:

"In 2008, there were only four small Virginia counties where Republicans won 70 percent or more of the vote in that year’s presidential race. Nowhere was the party above 75 percent. This year, Mr. Youngkin was above 70 percent in 45 counties — and he surpassed 80 percent in 15 of them.

“Look at some of those rural counties in Virginia as a wake-up call,” said Steve Bullock, the Democratic former governor of Montana who made a long-shot 2020 presidential run, partly on a message that his party needed to compete in more conservative parts of the country. “Folks don’t feel like we’re offering them anything, or hearing or listening to them.”

Mr. Youngkin not only won less populated areas by record margins — he was outpacing former President Donald J. Trump’s 2020 showing in even the reddest counties, including by six percentage points in Bath County — but he also successfully rolled back Democratic gains in the bedroom communities outside Washington and Richmond, where many college-educated white voters had rejected Republicanism under Mr. Trump."

Which jibs with the info the OP posted at the start of the thread. However, having said that, Youngkin only won by about 70K votes.....and both campaigns spent about $57 million each (Youngkin about $500K more than McAuliffe), $20 million of which was Youngkin's own money.

I hate to be a pessimist, but if Youngkin wasn't filthy rich and McAuliffe didn't step on his schlong with that comment about "Parents shouldn't have a say on what's taught in schools) I'm not so sure we would have won.....which makes me fearful of the next election.

I guarantee you there was a lot of fraud in VA. Maybe not enough to overturn... My tinfoil is that McAwful was a clown show and the Dems saw this as an opportunity to sacrifice him to "show there is no fraud if the GOP challenger won" . Trust but verify and verify again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom