• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CrawfishStu

Creeper
    Dec 4, 2006
    Crofton
    The timney in my mpx is a very nice trigger. I'm pretty happy with it.

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Is the ACT rated for PCC use?

Geiselle is always the name which comes to mind

I know this an old post - but - when I emailed Geissele customer support and asked if their triggers are PCC rated, I was told basically "no .. will void the warranty" but to use the ALG trigger instead. Kind of interesting that the $250 can't handle PCC but the $65 ALG can. Apparently Geissele and ALG are the same company.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I know this an old post - but - when I emailed Geissele customer support and asked if their triggers are PCC rated, I was told basically "no .. will void the warranty" but to use the ALG trigger instead. Kind of interesting that the $250 can't handle PCC but the $65 ALG can. Apparently Geissele and ALG are the same company.

The Geiselle hammer is thin. Direct blowback is very hard on the FCG, as you know. That said, I used an SSA-E in a direct blowback gun for years. I figured if it broke, it wasn’t warranted, so I’d just buy a new part.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Oh Oh Oh! Timney makes a PCC trigger!

https://timneytriggers.com/pistol-caliber-carbine/

I will be getting one of these for my AR45.

The Timney is decent, but the trigger shoe is kinda skinny. The Elftman are nice, but I don't like the serrated face or kinda sharp edges. The CMC is nice, but they have a tight curve radius. Have several different triggers, have tried most of them, but have kinda settled on the best for me in each application. Larue MBT2 for range/defense/general use in AR10s and AR15s, solid, reliable, great feel, $100. Timney Calvin elite for action competition in rifle calibers, pricey at $250, but an ungodly crisp,1.5# break and short positive reset, interchangeable and adjustable shoes, just too complicated and expensive for other uses. Hiperfire PDI for AR9s/AR22s is the best, but can work in anything outside of a defensive build(IMO cartridge triggers are not as serviceable/reliable and require anti-walk pins) . For $125 from a few places it's cheap, reliable, works in everything, has a good 2# pull, wide comfortable shoe, can take competition shoes and adjust for height, works with Talon selectors. So far haven't found anything as good in a single stage for the money.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    interesting

The Timney is decent, but the trigger shoe is kinda skinny. The Elftman are nice, but I don't like the serrated face or kinda sharp edges. The CMC is nice, but they have a tight curve radius. Have several different triggers, have tried most of them, but have kinda settled on the best for me in each application. Larue MBT2 for range/defense/general use in AR10s and AR15s, solid, reliable, great feel, $100. Timney Calvin elite for action competition in rifle calibers, pricey at $250, but an ungodly crisp,1.5# break and short positive reset, interchangeable and adjustable shoes, just too complicated and expensive for other uses. Hiperfire PDI for AR9s/AR22s is the best, but can work in anything outside of a defensive build(IMO cartridge triggers are not as serviceable/reliable and require anti-walk pins) . For $125 from a few places it's cheap, reliable, works in everything, has a good 2# pull, wide comfortable shoe, can take competition shoes and adjust for height, works with Talon selectors. So far haven't found anything as good in a single stage for the money.

thanks for this. I used to get Hyperfire ads all the time and wondered if they were as good as they made them seem.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    thanks for this. I used to get Hyperfire ads all the time and wondered if they were as good as they made them seem.

Have a few. The hipertouch series design(including 1stage competition and 2 stage X2S) uses a toggle spring setup, it's a fairly conventional trigger, but the coil springs add pressure to hit harder, and when fully cocked they cam over and counter some of the hammer spring's force, making the pull lighter. Downside is the cam base rides on top of the selector, so it won't work with some short throw selectors like the Radian Talon, and makes the selector hard and gritty to turn. Hiperfire also coats some contact surfaces, so they feel gritty, and sometimes won't reset when new till they wear in and the surface smooths out. Because of the cam design of the toggle springs it adds resistance when resetting the hammer. In a blowback it has a very mild "delayed blowback" feel, or takes a little more force to rack the bolt as you have about 10# more force required to overcome these springs compared to a.mil-spec trigger.
    View attachment 336334

This is the PDI. It's a drop in, and doesn't use the toggle spring mechanism. Has a more conventional geometry, but really light 2# pull weight. It has a 1/2cock notch, PCC bumper pad, and requires anti-walk pins to hold it in place. It has a little bit of play when installed, and there is a little spring plunger in the back that rides on top of the selector to take the slack out. Unlike the Hipertouch series with probably 10lbs of force aggainst the selector this is just a small plunger and spring, so it doesn't add as much gritty resistance, and stays in contact with a talon selector's different design. It has a similar feel to the Hipertouch single stage, but is a hair lighter and smoother, but has a little more travel and longer reset. The longer travel is from a bit more sear and disconnector engagement, which helps prevent inadvertent bump firing and hammer follow in harsh PCCs. The MSRP is $180 for the PDI vs $200-$250 for the Hipertouch. Using gundeals you can usually find the PDI on sale for $150 or less, and often around $125 from a couple places.
    View attachment 336337

Attachments

• opplanet-hiperfire-hipertouch-competition-trigger-ar15-10-assembly-hptc-main.jpg
      opplanet-hiperfire-hipertouch-competition-trigger-ar15-10-assembly-hptc-main.jpg
      8.8 KB · Views: 111
    • PDI-GS-325x325.jpg
      PDI-GS-325x325.jpg
      9.5 KB · Views: 102

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom