• Sprinfield Hellcat

Votes: 34 16.7%

• Total voters

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I went to the website and watched their video. I like the idea. The dude in the tee shirt prints that Glock like a billboard. The dress shirt has to be unbuttoned way down. Looks like scrubs are probably the best clothes to wear over it.

I stumbled across this YouTube review of the Enigma and this woman can hide it really well. https://youtu.be/mykP5SWSjY8

Slowhand

Pre-Banned
    Dec 13, 2011
    In a van, down by the river.
    Had a Glock 43 - sold it. Wife hated the muzzle flip.
    Have a Colt Defender in 9mm - love it, but heavy for an 8+1 carry. Super accurate.
    Hellcat with optic - love it. 13+1, very accurate. Heavy, but damn... 13+1. Extra rounds mitigate muzzle flip. Love it.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Had a Glock 43 - sold it. Wife hated the muzzle flip.
    Have a Colt Defender in 9mm - love it, but heavy for an 8+1 carry. Super accurate.
    Hellcat with optic - love it. 13+1, very accurate. Heavy, but damn... 13+1. Extra rounds mitigate muzzle flip. Love it.

I have the Hellcat OSP and I’ve compared it ti the 43 which is my friend’s carry of choice. There really isn’t much of a comparison for me between the two. The think I didn’t like about the Hellcat was the trigger. I ended up replacing if with an Apex kit which has been a big improvement. I like the sights and the co-witness to the optic. The thing I like best about the Hellcat is the grip. If really fits my hands well. I find I’m pretty accurate with iit even compared to my G26 which is much heavier and has less recoil.

I would like to range test some of the sig’s in the same class.

strapped

Aug 27, 2012
    Carroll County
    My carry gun is a 43x MOS with Holosun 507k, TLR-7 sub weapon light, and Shield Arms mags. I've shot the Sig equivalent and preference is usually determined by whether you are a Glock guy or Sig guy with your other firearms.

Attachments

• IMG_4873.jpg
      IMG_4873.jpg
      113 KB · Views: 248

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    I cant compare as I only have a 43x with shield arms mags.

They are small collect em all. ;)

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I carry a Walther PPS M2. A little heavier than the 3 mentioned, but probably 2 ounces. Feels nice in the hand, accurate, thin, dependable BUT the magazine base is incorporated into the grip. Feels nice and not a problem at the range. Someone here mentioned the full grip on the 43X. I started trying to swap magazines fast and I realized how much thought was needed to release pinky to let the mag release. Not good for an idiot like me under pressure.
    Now I'm considering the Glock.

tourrider

Grumpy
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 9, 2009
    Corry, PA
    I only own the Hellcat OSP.

I watched a lot of the comparison video reviews before deciding to get a new EDC. I went to my LGS, and handled the 365 and the Hellcat. The Hellcat was just so comfortable on my hands. Ive been carrying it now for over a year, and I hardly know it’s on my hip. Of course that’s compared to the Sig P239 I carried for 20 years.

If I were to change anything, It would be a trigger upgrade. Obviously it’s not that bad, as I still have not changed it.

Good luck in your search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Glaron

Camp pureblood 13R
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 20, 2013
    Virginia
    The fanbois have arrived

What make one a fanboi? pourquoi?

So you go into a store. It fits *The owners* hand. Not some random person on the internet.

Shoot it many, many times in the privacy of your backyard range.
    Umm Please define fanboi again and use small words.

Btw, my wife has a sig sauer. Nice, but It fits her smaller hands.

:Shrug:

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    P365, every day of the week. Modularity and track record are big winners in my book. The Glock 43X is a perfectly acceptable gun, but the big plus of the P365 is that it's trivial to change between the subcompact and compact grips as the situation dictates. If MD ever gave us our CC rights, I'd be packing a P365 whenever I didn't feel like AIWB'ing a larger pistol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My out-of-state carry is a Walther PPS M2. Easy to shoot center mass at 10 yards quickly as well as take decent aimed shots. Also have a Sig P238 as a pocket carry option.

Have a Sig P365 SAS waiting for the not disapproved. Want to practice with it, especially point shooting, and see how it works for me. The version that I purchased doesn't have the ports.

Still looking at the Sig P365 XL (even if one can swap the frame with the SAS that I'm waiting on, would get the XL for the sights and trigger) as well as the Glock 48.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    The fanbois have arrived

Meh. I own a double digit number of Glocks and carried a Glock 26 for years until the 43 came out. Bought it, carried it very little because of the mag capacity.

Sig releases the 365 and it's a game changer with that voodoo that they performed on the mags. Now I have a gun the size of the 43 with a 10+1 capacity? and it's a shooter? No brainer.

Then Sig releases the 365XL and it's game over. Not only can I carry 13 rounds in a package that disappears under a tee shirt during normal OWB carry, I can now mix and match the FCU at will. Want a short slide on the larger grip? Not a problem. Want the longer slide on the shorter grip? Done.

I've even shot the 365 and the XL in Steel Challenge/Falling Steel matches and not embarrassed myself.

When my carry gun comes off my waist at bedtime tonight there will be an XL on the nightstand.

sbmike

Ultimate Member
    Feb 19, 2011
    Almost Heaven, WV
    I like my Kimber Micro 9...small, reliable and accurate for its intended purposes. BTW...MidwayUSA has them on sale right now in several versions. Here's targets from the first time I tried it...seven yards...

I've got Kimber Evo 9 (striker vs. hammer on Micro) and while it is a good shooter, there is, IMO, a major flaw in the design of the ejection port in that it is not large enough to eject an unfired +P round without it getting stuck in the ejection port. Kimber states +P ammo is ok for my model and the +P ammo I got was the one recommended by Kimber. The issue obviously does not come up very often because virtually everything coming of the ejection port is spent, but if you are at a range and a cease fire is called with a live round still in the chamber, there is a problem and the live round literally has to be wedged out. When I first got it, I sent it back to Kimber and they returned it stating that there was nothing wrong with it. First and last Kimber I will buy.

CrabbyTurtle

Dec 23, 2020
    2A First
    I was looking at the same 3. I ended up with the 43X. I shot it better than the slightly smaller 365 and Hellcat but I have hand strength and dexterity issues. I did not test the 365XL.

I own one Glock and it is a 43x (I hate the 43). I typically don't like the Glock grip angle, but the 43x works for me. Add the Shield Arms 15rd mags and I'm very happy. I briefly had a G48, but the aftermarket grip tape grips drove me nuts.
    The P365X and P365XL would also work well for folks with big hands, such as myself.
    The Hellcat does nothing for me whatsoever.

Mr. C

Jan 1, 2020
    Have you considered the S&W Shield Plus, either in a standard format or Performance Center? I have one and it shoots great and is literally slightly lighter than the standard PC Shield which holds 8+1 while this one holds 13+1. It’s a solid gun.

Timmaaayyyy

Jan 16, 2021
    Have had the G43 and Sig 365 for some time now and the sig is my choice for carry everyday. Definitely get longer mag or finger extensions, and flat trigger. My Sig has seen 1000+ rounds and run flawlessly, no issues even running junk ammo

Mark1984

Apr 30, 2015
    micro 9

S&W Shield Plus. Great Trigger. Jumps less than the Hellcat. It feels better in my hand than the Sig (big hands).

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom