• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I always thought you were a Propane Salesman, and you could carry anytime you have a bottle of propane with you.

c9bd21cf-0e4d-4e15-ba47-bfa362fe5ab7_1.1f1dce2b891cf152d39e1237fab002ef.jpeg

Hmmmm.....

Is that a propane bottle in your pants, or are you just happy to see me? :)

RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Do doctors still carry a “doctor bag” in their car or am I really just that old. If so I’d say your working. I would think your on call “working” often. I do remember the doctor coming to the house to see my mother when I was a child. To me a doctor is a 24/7 job. If someone hits the floor anywhere at anytime the calls for a doctor are instant.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Do doctors still carry a “doctor bag” in their car or am I really just that old. If so I’d say your working. I would think your on call “working” often. I do remember the doctor coming to the house to see my mother when I was a child. To me a doctor is a 24/7 job. If someone hits the floor anywhere at anytime the calls for a doctor are instant.

I do actually have a "doctor bag". Black leather thing. I have a fairly extensive med kit. I just need an ambu-bag and I'll be all set for in-the-field intubations. I do not have an AICD, and really should. Home visits are very uncommon these days, but I do them on a limited basis for long-term patients who become infirm or on hospice. I carry controlled medications pretty much all the time, in case I need them for a patient.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    So…the medical license, DEA permit, State CDS permit are mine. If they fire me tomorrow, I can still practice medicine and prescribe. They employ me because I can practice medicine, it’s not the other way around. Does that change your opinion?

I hate the system but it is what we have until it changes.

the mechanics license, American automobile permit, State emissionss permit are mine. If they fire me tomorrow, I can still practice fixing cars and advise. They employ me because I can fix cars., it’s not the other way around. Does that change your opinion?

You work for a hospital. Open your own practice and you are good to go.

Nobody

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    You work for a hospital. Open your own practice and you are good to go.

Unlike some of us self-employed types who consult or provide other services, opening up a (modern) medical practice immediately involves huge overhead for the facility, the staff, and the rest of the weight that comes with that retail medical experience. There's a reason those solo practices have long since been consolidating into big group operations.

I know a doctor (part of a multi-partner practice) who also has a solo gig on the side, providing occasional consulting to pharma studies/trials. That side gig (he does it as something that sounds like "Acme Trial Insights" or some similarly flavored LLC name) maybe takes up a few hours a month, but it would certainly provide cover for W&C in MD. And I think it pays for his boating habit.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    A letter from the organization stateing that you work various hours and do jobs like shoping for or picking up items necessary for the organiztion. would allow more flexiblity. If it says all fuctions relating to activities of the organiztion then going to lunch and handing out cards, asking for donations or doing voluteer work might suffice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom