• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Wife has a 9mm M&P EZ,, had a few failure to fires in rapid drills due to grip not 100% proper. Left us not trusting it in a panic situation.

My wife got two 9mm S&W EZ's. One for upstairs, one down. The grip safety takes a little getting used to for some folks.

Last edited:

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Wife has an M&P EZ,, had a few failure to fires in rapid drills due to grip not 100% proper. Left us not trusting it in a panic situation.

My wife also has one, but has moved on to more standard pistols (loves her steel CZ!).

With the S&W .380 EZ, it was very easy to limp-wrist the thing into stovepiping or doing other odd things, BUT: we also found (as widely reported) that some of their earlier mags had springs that were just too weak. The idea, of course, was to make the pistol's mags very easy to load. But that also meant some recurring problems in the action. S&W swapped out four of our five mags, all of which now work much more reliably. But that pistol still needs a good solid grip as a backstop for it to run reliably. In a panic, perhaps single-handed? I'm not sure I'd trust it in an inexperienced shooter's hands under stress.

Not sure if their 9mm EZ exhibits any of the same dicey behavior. That 380 EZ is seductive for people who have racking phobia or bad technique or weakened hands - but S&W pushed that thing all too close to the brink of unreliability to make it such a creampuff to handle.

Vatreni4Life

Sep 24, 2021
    HoCo
    Looking for recommendations for an older family member who is having difficulty chambering and clearing rounds from his Glock 22. He recent got out of rehab and doesn’t have the strength in his hands to pull it all the way back.
    Would a 15 or 16lb spring be easier to rack yet still function the pistol properly? Stock is 17lbs.
    Any other recommendations besides get a revolver which we really don’t care to do.
    Thanks
    S&W EZ is exactly what your looking for. Plenty of calibers. I’ve seen a lady rack the slide with her pinky at the range... I was impressed. My wife loved it and made me get the damn pistol... gold performance center too ha

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Thanks everyone, all great replies and points. We’ll refrain from replacing the spring and see if he’s interested in another pistol. He tried the method where you push the frame and hold the slide however that was a no go. Problem is two fold, weak pinch of slide and not sting enough to physically pull the slide back even if the pinch was fine. I also order a slide racker to see if that helps.
    The loss of strength happened quickly over the last few months and he recently bought the glock shortly before it happened. If we’re able to figure it out I’ll report back with the solution.
    Thanks everyone.

With that method, you do not pinch.

You grab the slide with the whole hand

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Push cylinder latch either forward or in depending on brand .

Push cylinder open .

Insert 5 or 6 cartridges .

Close cylinder

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    REVOLVER. Really cannot understand why not? Ease of use 110%. Too many individuals really believe they are going to war needing high capacity. Name one news story where someone protecting their home ever reported firing more than a couple rounds? Unless you are a city cop that misses 14 of the 15 shots then only makes a flesh wound, who fires that much?

Very heavy double action trigger pull.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    This or an easy slide 9. A few days after surgery I had a problem with the slide on one of my pistols. After a month of trying it came around. Some might just need to get their strengh back.

Attachments

• Slide-Pull-Charging-Handle_main-02.jpg
      Slide-Pull-Charging-Handle_main-02.jpg
      10.1 KB · Views: 133

psucobra96

Ultimate Member
    Jun 20, 2011
    Wife has a 9mm M&P EZ,, had a few failure to fires in rapid drills due to grip not 100% proper. Left us not trusting it in a panic situation.

Wife just got one because the Glock was just too much to rack the slide. I plan to take when to the range and practice practice practice.

I don’t like the slide lock design at all.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Why would you not trust a gun because of a shooter's poor grip? That makes zero sense.

I'm guessing he's referring to that model's grip safety. Have shot the 380 version, and indeed you need a very solid, choked-up grip on that thing to both get the grip safety disengaged and to prevent it from the sorts of failures you always see with limp-wristing. I can conjure up an under stress, weak or poorly placed, single-hand grab for that gun and having it simply not work for some people in a pinch. As grip safeties go, it's pretty benign - but it's another point of no-shooty that I've seen noobs fight with even under calm conditions on the range (and of course that's 100% grip related, something that can be easily corrected and made into a good habit, but that doesn't bode well for casual owners who don't practice).

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I'm guessing he's referring to that model's grip safety. Have shot the 380 version, and indeed you need a very solid, choked-up grip on that thing to both get the grip safety disengaged and to prevent it from the sorts of failures you always see with limp-wristing. I can conjure up an under stress, weak or poorly placed, single-hand grab for that gun and having it simply not work for some people in a pinch. As grip safeties go, it's pretty benign - but it's another point of no-shooty that I've seen noobs fight with even under calm conditions on the range (and of course that's 100% grip related, something that can be easily corrected and made into a good habit, but that doesn't bode well for casual owners who don't practice).
    Tape it.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014

It takes time and reps to develop muscle memory. Maybe you moved to quickly into rapid drills?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom