• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    No one who has volunteered to put their lives on the line to defend our freedoms and way of life should be laid to rest without anyone there to remember their sacrifice. On February 4th there are seven heroes being interred who need our support.

Join the Patriot Picket at 12:30pm at the Garrison Forest Veterans Cemetery, 11501 Garrison Forest Road, Owings Mills, MD 21117.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-19 214736.jpg
      Screenshot 2022-01-19 214736.jpg
      80.9 KB · Views: 683

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Just heard from a Ride Captain with the Patriot Guard Riders. Normally they only attend these services at the request of the family but in this case there is no family to make the request so the PGR is reaching out to the cemetery to see if they can do what they do for this one.

Stay tuned...

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    Just heard from a Ride Captain with the Patriot Guard Riders. Normally they only attend these services at the request of the family but in this case there is no family to make the request so the PGR is reaching out to the cemetery to see if they can do what they do for this one.

Stay tuned...

I am out.

Wife is having surgery on Feb 4.
    I will try to be there also.

The MD Patriot Guard has been asking the MD Veterans Cemeterys to contact them ASAP when this happens. Glad that this appears to be happening.

(Indiantown Gap National Cemetary has been contacting the PA PGR for several years)

Last edited:

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    Do the federal cemetaries have COVID restrictions still? My grandparents were buried there a month apart a year ago. They only allowed 10 people in the ceremony pavilion and nobody at the gravesite. The workers carries the caskets from the hearse to the burial site while the family had to sit in the car and watch.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Do the federal cemetaries have COVID restrictions still? My grandparents were buried there a month apart a year ago. They only allowed 10 people in the ceremony pavilion and nobody at the gravesite. The workers carries the caskets from the hearse to the burial site while the family had to sit in the car and watch.

I believe this cemetery is state and not fed, but that is a great question, let me see if I can find out.

dlmarion

Feb 6, 2013
    Carroll County
    I think the restrictions were both due to COVID and the number of people they were burying per day. They had ceremonies stacked at 15 minute intervals every day.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    According to their website it says that they are operating on a normal schedule and shelter capacity has also returned to normal so it sounds like it shouldn't be an issue.

https://veterans.maryland.gov/cemetery-and-memorial-program/

We buried my FIL in May of last year (stroke, not the Coof) and he was buried in a Fed veterans cemetery outside Ft Bliss. What a complete PIA the Coof restrictions were and the lady who was running the joint was a complete bitch about it.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I don’t pay attention to these stupid edicts. They limit gatherings OUTDOORS?

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Stoveman, I was able to take off next Friday. At what time should we arrive and where to meet?

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Stoveman, I was able to take off next Friday. At what time should we arrive and where to meet?

Awesome sauce!

Let me check with the PGR Ride Captain (who coincidentally happens to be my son's future FIL) to see what he recommends. I think the last time we did this we hit the cemetery about half an hour before the service started.

We also may want to coordinate a MDS lunch beforehand. Stay tuned...

BigCity

retired undertaker
    Oct 24, 2007
    Carroll County
    It is a state run cemetery. there are 5 of them around Maryland.

I don't think they are doing all the funerals at the same time. That is not how they operate. Prepare to be there a while.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It is a state run cemetery. there are 5 of them around Maryland.

I don't think they are doing all the funerals at the same time. That is not how they operate. Prepare to be there a while.

However long it takes.

Good information though, we are going to reach out to Garrison to confirm, if it's separate services then maybe folks can come out to one of the later. Will post up details when I receive them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom