• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Anyone ever get one of these? Just bought one as a hobby, but it sure isn't as easy as I imagined! I'll have to watch some more videos on how to string it because I wasn't able to figure that out. Got a sight and quiver for it to make it look more fun (funny?).

I was thinking of getting another bow for more serious target shooting...either the other brand of SAS Siege, which looks like the Ram-bow, or something that's more modern and "tacticool". Not trying to put meat on the table with this, that's what the grocery store is for.

https://www.survivalarcherysystems.com/products/ranger-takedown-survival-bow

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Anyone ever get one of these? Just received mine for kicks, but it sure isn't as easy as I imagined! I'll have to watch some more videos on how to string it because I wasn't able to figure that out. I bought a sight and quiver for it, but not sure if I mounted that correctly either.

I was thinking of getting another bow for more serious target shooting...either the other brand of SAS Siege, which looks like the Ram-bow, or something that's more modern and "tacticool".

Did you get the folding bow? That thing looks kinda scary.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Anyone ever get one of these? Just received mine for kicks, but it sure isn't as easy as I imagined! I'll have to watch some more videos on how to string it because I wasn't able to figure that out. I bought a sight and quiver for it, but not sure if I mounted that correctly either.

I was thinking of getting another bow for more serious target shooting...either the other brand of SAS Siege, which looks like the Ram-bow, or something that's more modern and "tacticool".

Which one did you get?

Huuman

Jul 20, 2019
    Its a nice gimmick. But honestly not logical. Get a short takedown bow like the Sage (or a black hunter recurve) or get the Hoyt Tiburon with short limbs if you wanna look 'tacticool', put a whisker biscuit and a cheap compound bow sight and you have the most user friendly survival bow. It pack down to just about the same as that SAS. Reasoning:

-Your arrows are already 26+ inches. No reason to try to be more packable then that. Well......they DO make takedown arrows....

-The hand shock from that SAS look horrible

-If you're going to depend on a bow to provide food for you, you should know its spec and how to maintain it long before you take it out into the field.

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    Good lord, I watched one video on this and the thing shoot at 10 yards like artillery. I could visibly see the drop on cast and the arrows were spine awful and kicking out to the side. I could hear vibration in the bow being shot also. Maybe it was that youtube poster but what I saw was every reason to not get one.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good lord, I watched one video on this and the thing shoot at 10 yards like artillery. I could visibly see the drop on cast and the arrows were spine awful and kicking out to the side. I could hear vibration in the bow being shot also. Maybe it was that youtube poster but what I saw was every reason to not get one.

Don't know about you, but I'd be looking for this...

Attachments

• osage.jpg
      osage.jpg
      115.4 KB · Views: 209

Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    I got a piece of that right here. 47" tip to tip, 55# at 25 to almost 26" and starts stacking around there. It was meant to be a Blackfoot Indian bow copy and I recurved the tips and deflexed the center to have minimal brace weight to stay strung.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1676504646444.jpg
      FB_IMG_1676504646444.jpg
      28.1 KB · Views: 168

monkey

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
    Feb 20, 2012
    Monkey County
    Update: I got the Ranger bow because it allowed for attachments on there. Being new to archery, I wanted something simple but also compact to start off with. There aren't too many shooting ranges near me where I recently moved, but I found an archery range really close by at a park so I thought I might try to pick that up as a hobby. I had a Henry AR-7, so this was an interesting piece that fits in my collection.

The missing piece to stringing the bow was shoes! It was a lot harder with just socks on haha!

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    This thing cracks me up.

I imagine some mall ninja creeping through the median strip of a highway with this looking for prey. Lol.

If something happened that was serious enough to go hunt your own food, use a gun. Especially since at the point everyone else will be doing the same thing. The people that are still alive anyways.

This should go in the thread for funny stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    Don't know about you, but I'd be looking for this...
    i started reading about this

I got a piece of that right here. 47" tip to tip, 55# at 25 to almost 26" and starts stacking around there. It was meant to be a Blackfoot Indian bow copy and I recurved the tips and deflexed the center to have minimal brace weight to stay strung.

Nice, got a build thread?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    This thing cracks me up.

I imagine some mall ninja creeping through the median strip of a highway with this looking for prey. Lol.

If something happened that was serious enough to go hunt your own food, use a gun. Especially since at the point everyone else will be doing the same thing. The people that are still alive anyways.

This should go in the thread for funny stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, if you're trying to be quiet while hunting protein, you'll need to be proficient, with a bow of some sort. And there are plenty of reasons one might want to be quiet. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom