• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    http://www.militaryvehicleshow.com/

I know this is a little last minute, but it's been a busy week. Today, Friday and Saturday, military show and vehicle rally at Ripken Stadium parking lot, Aberdeen, MD. I recommend coming today or Friday. Entry is free and there is plenty of parking. It's a military vehicle rally, but there is plenty of other militaria for sale. There are also plenty of vehicle displays with official judging. My vehicle club http://www.washingtonbluegray.com/ hosts the rally, feel free to join the club if you like. The tan administration tent is on the high side of the parking lot if you need info or would like to buy a rally shirt. Come out and enjoy!

-Whitey

:party29:

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    I'll be there! Been going for about 16 years. The place is awesome and you meet a lot of good people.

Matt's correct, some of the nicest bunch of hobbyists you could meet. There are also vehicles for sale, everything from WWII jeeps to 5 ton cargo trucks. Everyone needs a deuce and a half! (no special driver's license needed in MD!)

-Whitey

:D

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Bump for the show. Really good amount of gov't surplus, clothing, and a some gun parts. There were quite a bit of people selling bayonets. Keep in mind the people that sell at vehicle shows tend not to sell at gun shows also, so I can imagine the selection has not been as picked over. Great weather!!!

Also our food vendor is quite good, pit beef, turkey, and BBQ pulled pork $6.00.

Once again, FREE entry and very friendly crowd. More vendors from even further parts show up tomorrow. Don't forget vehicles!

-Whitey

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Every year I found out when it's too late.:mad54:

I have failed you! From now on I'll try to post all of the military vehicle shows within driving distance in advance. I have found that they tend to have better prices on the surplus gear and clothing. And we have big green machines!

-Whitey

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Just got back with two German bayonets for the K98k. Some seller had both a Bren MkII tripod and a German G3 tripod, available separately or together. Someone else had a Ma Deuce tripod for more than I could afford.

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Just got back with two German bayonets for the K98k. Some seller had both a Bren MkII tripod and a German G3 tripod, available separately or together. Someone else had a Ma Deuce tripod for more than I could afford.

I was looking at K98 bayonets and have to say the selection of bayonets overall was fantastic! Didn't take the plunge, but found original Luger grips, although slightly chipped, for $15 !!!!! Korean war vet had taken then off a 1918 DWM. Bought a lot of other neat stuff, nothing of which was vehicle related. Will be back tomorrow morning to try to snag the deals that sellers don't want to drag home!

-Whitey

tailboardtech

Ultimate Member
    Feb 16, 2011
    upperco
    Me and the old man are going up, if ya see a 30yo and a geriatric's patient talking to some one and me annoyed it's is probably us :lol2:

MattTheGunslinger

Ultimate Member
    Jul 26, 2010
    Baltimore county
    Took my mom and dad there this morning. Its a family tradition. Not as many vehicles it seemed but we still had a great time. Picked up a few small items, ammo cans, and some really cool field kitchen food containers we plan on using for our family reunions. Met and talked with a lot of good folks as usual!

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    High class stuff here . . . "Reserved Private Portapots Personal Portapots are available to rent. The Portapot will be placed in your space for your exclusive use. Reserved Private PortaPot - $200.00 each (You must furnish your own padlock)."

J/K, I wish I could go but if I came home with a USGI Jeep, or even a Willy's painted OD Green, the Mrs. would kill me.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I know a seller there. He is always praising the show. Sadly I hD to pull a double yesterday and work tomorrow. Won't be able to make it this year.

chevellenut71

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2011
    Cape Saint Clare / Annapolis
    I went today, Had my little girl with me she skipped school. Shhhhh dont tell:innocent0. This show was better then the last few a lot more Vehicles this year. I guess the weather had something to do with it. Was very nice day.. We will be putting a video together that I took. Engineerbrian will post it here for all those who couldn't make it.

fleaman64

Ultimate Member
    May 12, 2011
    http://www.militaryvehicleshow.com/

I know this is a little last minute, but it's been a busy week. Today, Friday and Saturday, military show and vehicle rally at Ripken Stadium parking lot, Aberdeen, MD. I recommend coming today or Friday. Entry is free and there is plenty of parking. It's a military vehicle rally, but there is plenty of other militaria for sale. There are also plenty of vehicle displays with official judging. My vehicle club http://www.washingtonbluegray.com/ hosts the rally, feel free to join the club if you like. The tan administration tent is on the high side of the parking lot if you need info or would like to buy a rally shirt. Come out and enjoy!

-Whitey

:party29:

Darn, based on the title I was hoping it was a rally of the Maryland militia. Oh, silly me. I forgot, that is illegal in the 'Free State".:lol2:

Whitey

Collector and involved.
    Apr 5, 2014
    Central MD
    Some cools stuff, any truth to the rumor you might change the name to Md/Va BlueGray?

From my understanding, after talking to an older gentleman at the Howard County gun show (whom turned out to be a founding member of the club).....The club's name originated when the WAC (Washington Area Collectors) and the Blue & Grey military vehicle clubs merged a way long time ago. We have a very large presence in northern VA and central MD. The show has been in Aberdeen due to the proximity to Aberdeen Proving Grounds and the Ordnance Museum. It actually used to be hosted on the base. The museum's gone and 9/11 happened. Ripken has worked out for many year and remains our location for the rally in the foreseeable future.

From now on I'll post all military vehicle rallies within driving distance as there seems to be a good amount of interest. I drive to Ohio, NJ, VA, KY, and PA for events. They're fun and kinda like a gun show with a twist.

-Whitey

BigDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 7, 2014
    Whitey A couple years ago, someone told me there will be a new museum at Fort Lee built around a German railway gun. Any news on that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom