• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    If he charged a set amount such as $55.00 per table for all three days for Friday set up (whatever the set up hours are), Saturday 7 AM dealers then open at 9 AM to 5 PM, and Sunday 8 AM dealers then open 9 AM to 3 PM then pack and load out as per his actual advertising up to late last week, then the prices per table should be adjusted down to reflect the difference to the current show days/hours. If he had the tables priced at $55.00 per table and had advertised the show from the onset as a one day show open Saturday 9 to 5 with Friday being for set up, then it should stand at $55.00 per table.

Lou.
    have you EVER known John to do this?:cool:

I have not. However, due to the fact he advertised it at $55.00 for Friday set up, with show times Saturday 9 -5, AND Sunday 9 - 3, he should prorate the table fee based on the two days of actual use (Friday and Saturday) instead of three days and charge the reduced amount. Bear in mind, the Friday set up day is just that, a SET UP DAY for vendors. In the past all the way up to November 2012, the contract fee for Friday set up day rental for that venue was considerably less than the days (or in this case, day) of show hours.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    I have not. However, due to the fact he advertised it at $55.00 for Friday set up, with show times Saturday 9 -5, AND Sunday 9 - 3, he should prorate the table fee based on the two days of actual use (Friday and Saturday) instead of three days and charge the reduced amount. Bear in mind, the Friday set up day is just that, a SET UP DAY for vendors. In the past all the way up to November 2012, the contract fee for Friday set up day rental for that venue was considerably less than the days (or in this case, day) of show hours.

my guess is that he will compensate by giving extra tables.(there may be a few available:innocent0)

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    my guess is that he will compensate by giving extra tables.(there may be a few available:innocent0)

That would be awfully anemic, if not unjust unless he/his help contacted each vendor he has scheduled to do the show (actually talk to the vendor - not just leave a message) and inform all of them that things with this show have changed as per his previous advertising and leave it up to the vendor for the make up being either reduced table fees or additional tables. Most vendors won't need extra tables.

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    That would be awfully anemic, if not unjust unless he/his help contacted each vendor he has scheduled to do the show (actually talk to the vendor - not just leave a message) and inform all of them that things with this show have changed as per his previous advertising and leave it up to the vendor for the make up being either reduced table fees or additional tables. Most vendors won't need extra tables.

in the past he has given "free" tables to make the show look fuller.
    i have a feeling this will be the case.

Blue Fins

Aug 23, 2011
    If he charged a set amount such as $55.00 per table for all three days for Friday set up (whatever the set up hours are), Saturday 7 AM dealers then open at 9 AM to 5 PM, and Sunday 8 AM dealers then open 9 AM to 3 PM then pack and load out as per his actual advertising up to late last week, then the prices per table should be adjusted down to reflect the difference to the current show days/hours. If he had the tables priced at $55.00 per table and had advertised the show from the onset as a one day show open Saturday 9 to 5 with Friday being for set up, then it should stand at $55.00 per table.

Lou for President :patriot:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Just got off the phone with the promoter.
    Its going to be a ONE- DAY ONLY show. Saturday only. and NO live ammo.
    This sucks.
    We need to have a strong showing at this show to show people that no matter how they try to make it hard for us, and that we will prevail.
    Just remember .. "It's the hard that makes it great!"

Don't shoot the messenger... :bullhorn:

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I heard on the news this morning that another requirement is gun locks on ALL guns and NO DRY FIRING. Can anyone confirm this? I about fell over when I heard that.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    I don't know if this has been mentioned yet. I heard on the news this morning that another requirement is gun locks on ALL guns and NO DRY FIRING. Can anyone confirm this? I about fell over when I heard that.

No live ammunition allowed on the premises of the Show Place Arena, where the show will take place. No dry-firing weapons. All firearms must have trigger locks. And at least five park police officers must be on duty providing security.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/gun-show-returns-to-upper-marlboro-despite-reluctance-from-park-agency/2015/10/21/b54b9bce-774f-11e5-a958-d889faf561dc_story.html

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    According to the WaPo article yes, this is true:

No live ammunition allowed on the premises of the Show Place Arena, where the show will take place. No dry-firing weapons. All firearms must have trigger locks. And at least five park police officers must be on duty providing security.

To slow on the trigger, platoonDaddy beat me to it :)

lee2

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 8, 2007
    i also understand that there will be a ban on toilet paper in the bathrooms. as park police fear that excessive friction from wiping may ignite methane fumes.

DocSavage

The Man of Bronze
    May 30, 2012
    Crofton
    In order to help try to make this show work and as a favor to John for some favors he has done for me, we will be there... we will have a lot of Hbar Rifles, Lowers, and Uppers for sale. Mark Hostetter Precision Firearms

^^^Will you have bits and pieces for black rifles? Springs, barrel nuts, etc?

Has anyone heard about reloading components?

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom