• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    First and only attempt was what, 3.50 seconds? I would have been able to do a few more runs, if that damn cross pin on my G22 didn't shear in half. At some point, the 3 of us need to get together again for a rematch. I'll bring the pizza box. :D

EDIT:

Your first was 3.60 seconds, your second was 3.34 seconds and your 3rd attempt was 3.15 seconds. At least that is if my memory serves me correctly. You were also handicapped and not able to use your red dot IDPA pistol, you had to use standard irons to make it fair. I'm pretty sure with the RMR, you would have been a lot faster.

You are most humble, and kind. We agreed that day that we tied, I will always honor that. Your memory is much better than mine, but I believe you are correct will all timings. I was just beginning my new watch shot timer testing. I think this is where we got those times from.

In all fairness, we both shot cold; which is pretty impressive in its own right. Yes, I did switch to my backup iron sights gun, to keep it fair, but you were shooting .40, so against my 9mm, it was still not really fair; I had the advantage, so all things being equal, you most likely shot better than me.

Definitely a rematch is in order. :)

September, after the first week; on a weekend; same place as last time? This time we do a few warm up rounds, then use the same gun to compete?

Just fun shooting with great Americans, in any case.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    You are most humble, and kind. We agreed that day that we tied, I will always honor that. Your memory is much better than mine, but I believe you are correct will all timings. I was just beginning my new watch shot timer testing. I think this is where we got those times from.

In all fairness, we both shot cold; which is pretty impressive in its own right. Yes, I did switch to my backup iron sights gun, to keep it fair, but you were shooting .40, so against my 9mm, it was still not really fair; I had the advantage, so all things being equal, you most likely shot better than me.

September, after the first week; on a weekend; same place as last time? This time we do a few warm up rounds, then use the same gun to compete?

I am game, as long as Steve can be there and I can get out of the house for a few hours. By that time I'll have a Gen 4 that is brand new and I'll bring my old stand by. The standby is an HK with a factory installed LEM trigger mod. I'd like to test that one, just to see how fast it can be. Not going to count it for time in our gentleman's competition, because the LEM creates a seriously unfair advantage.

If you want to run the same caliber, would you be open to running 1911's in 45? I'm not sure I'd you have anything in 40, and I really don't have anything in 9 that I have any real practice with.

I also need to get more ammo. Want me to bring the EA for you to try out, since we weren't able to last time?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Welcome from Marriottsville. Self defense is a good reason to learn to shoot, but most of us here also shoot because it is fun!

Try to find an opportunity to go out and try a bunch of different firearms. You may be surprised how much fun you have.....

You will find plenty of great advice, some you can really use, and some you can do without.

Have fun!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I am game, as long as Steve can be there and I can get out of the house for a few hours. By that time I'll have a Gen 4 that is brand new and I'll bring my old stand by. The standby is an HK with a factory installed LEM trigger mod. I'd like to test that one, just to see how fast it can be. Not going to count it for time in our gentleman's competition, because the LEM creates a seriously unfair advantage.

If you want to run the same caliber, would you be open to running 1911's in 45? I'm not sure I'd you have anything in 40, and I really don't have anything in 9 that I have any real practice with.

I also need to get more ammo. Want me to bring the EA for you to try out, since we weren't able to last time?

Sounds good, bring anything you like, we can shoot them all; friendly competition (Bill Drill style). Steve had me up to his neck of the woods weekend before last; absolutely invite him. We should probably take this offline or to the recreational shooting thread; your choice. :)

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    I believe you will find that people that have their feet firmly planted in mid air don't last long here :thumbsup:

Good resource for what you need to know.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    oK NOW I'm curious....And I have new holsters to play with .......

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Thanks, I resemble that remark.
    0b4dd39cdf586e7b8bb9d90c5114e921.jpg

psycosteve

Meme magic works!!!
    Sep 3, 2012
    Gentrfying the Hagersbush.

Sounds good, bring anything you like, we can shoot them all; friendly competition (Bill Drill style). Steve had me up to his neck of the woods weekend before last; absolutely invite him. We should probably take this offline or to the recreational shooting thread; your choice. :)
    I'm game i will bring my ghey azz 40 and effiminate 9mm out to play.

Wes would be proud of this post your conversion to 10mm is almost complete.
    076c8a28c9baa47bb2d19b159027089e.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom