• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Interesting heading. Bill to place juvenile carjacker who is 16 or order to go to adult jail prior to juvenile court. Senator, can't read her name, had issues with the bill. Now the panel that is opposed to the bill is up now. Victim claiming perp suffered same issues as victim. Panelist said rehabilitation only available in juvenile court, therefore he should be in the juvenile system. WTF!

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Next panelist said bull is out of step with national trends. Said it's politics. Research said that juveniles in adult jail have higher chance or more chances of committing crimes as their juvenile counterparts.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Interesting heading. Bill to place juvenile carjacker who is 16 or order to go to adult jail prior to juvenile court. Senator, can't read her name, had issues with the bill. Now the panel that is opposed to the bill is up now. Victim claiming perp suffered same issues as victim. Panelist said rehabilitation only available in juvenile court, therefore he should be in the juvenile system. WTF!
    Sen Jill Carter, pro criminal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Another non profit opposing bill. States kids are different. Agrees that serious consequences due to crime. Says changing law will not help, but will lead to more crimes.

Folks, this is definitely 2A related. If I'm armed, perp will be shot prior to an ID check into his age.

usa259

Mar 11, 2015
    Sen Jill Carter, pro criminal.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Is this her from last year?

Thanks for being there you all!

Attachments

• IMG_20190325_205842989.jpg
      IMG_20190325_205842989.jpg
      74.2 KB · Views: 299

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Now, a public defender up. Said there is a way to grant a waiver to get juvenile into adult court. Don't need law. Also adult cases take longer. Waiver proceeding can be done quicker if starting in the juvenile cases.

SB-248

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Another carjacking victim stating bill is too harsh. Perps were homeless, hungry, and needed shelter. Saying these young people dealing with other serious issues.

And that right there is THE problem. We can blame the politicians all day for the crap that comes out of Annapolis, but in the end, it's the voters and their feelings over logic who put them there.

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    CI can't believe this bill has a chance of passing. Who is going to hire all the judges and prosecutors to deal with all the 20 year time served criminals?

Strange how the state will spend money on this trash and then you stick the bill to the victims of crime. (Victims being the actual immediate victims and the general citizens of Maryland.

Let's say I'm a criminal. I am bad. I need rehabilitated. What is the motivation to not do a crime when you know if you're a good enough actor, you can claim you're rehabilitated and get out?

Not_an_outlaw

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 26, 2013
    Prince Frederick, MD
    Guy up now is a convicted murderer who is out on a similar law in Washington, DC. He is stating you should give a second offense. So, can the victim get a second chance? Can you raise them from the dead?

Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    I apologize for not being able to stay for the afternoon festivities, but I did have fun being a presence in the hallway of the capital. Tried to get my wwnc shirt visible on the tv cameras, hope it worked. I could tell all the plainclothes pd guys were talking into their hands when I got there early about the old bearded guy with the hat, guess they thought I looked suspicious. There were enough of us there with our shirts visible when the senators & delegates arrived as well as when Larry descended the steps & entered the room. Mission accomplished.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    ESM07

Latest threads

Top Bottom