• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Pardon my ignorance, but it reads the below on their site. What does it mean?

“NOTE: This trigger only works with Small Pin Lower Receivers/.154”

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Pardon my ignorance, but it reads the below on their site. What does it mean?

NOTE: This trigger only works with Small Pin Lower Receivers/.154

Colt made some receivers with larger pins. They are uncommon. These will work with anything that isn't Colt, and MOST Colt's too.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    Colt made some receivers with larger pins. They are uncommon. These will work with anything that isn't Colt, and MOST Colt's too.

Ok. Thanks for the info. I may pick two up. Would you recommend this two stage trigger for a rifle used in a CQB/short range role, or is it better for target shooting? I have Geissele triggers on my longer distance rifles, but only enhanced mil spec triggers on my home defense rifles.

Edit: I see they also have single stage on sale. Thanks for the link!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Ok. Thanks for the info. I may pick two up. Would you recommend this two stage trigger for a rifle used in a CQB/short range role, or is it better for target shooting? I have Geissele triggers on my longer distance rifles, but only enhanced mil spec triggers on my home defense rifles.

It's a nice, fast trigger. Similar to an SSA-E if you have ever used one. Probably better for your HD rifles.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Thanks. I think 80 is the usual price. I guess you get a bulk discount. I have a G ssa and an SSAE. How does the LaRue trigger feel for less than 1/2 the G sale price?

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Guess I’ll need to try one. Too much time on my hands. Maybe when ranges open and ammo prices return to normal I can compare it to the other triggers.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I only have their 2-stage. Would work well for HD still. I really, really like their triggers. Sad I bought mine at like $87 a pop. I really don't need any more. I need to keep telling myself that.

Got on in the lower I use for my 16" HD gun, that I swap a 20" upper on to for target shooting and hunting. I have on in my 18" 6.5 Grendel hunting rifle. I also have one for my AR-10 build.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mantis

Latest threads

Top Bottom