• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Quasar

plebe
    Dec 17, 2018
    Hill's Of Western Md.
    I have 2. The one I had to have. Taurus PT 24/7 OSS DS 45ACP. And the one the guy at work had to have. He fell on a streak of bad luck and had to sell it not long after purchaser. Mossbergh 4X4 338 WIN. MAG. + 5 boxes of ammo. The 24/7, I ran about a box of ammo through it when i first got it 5+ years ago. Shoot it now and then but not much. Practice with a CZ RAMI 9mm (OH yea yet another gun i had to have) Now the, 24/7 is tucked away in the basement (with a couple rounds in a clip) in case i would get hold up there. The Mossbergh has never been shot. I did mount a Prostaff 3x9X40 BDC scope on it. Bore sight and ready to go, some day, on my next ELK hunt in MD. TOO much for whitetail and I could care less about hunting bear. Maybe one day ill get to go out west and hunt. That was my coworkers dream.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I think there is one for sale on the M14 forum. Pasadena model if I remember correctly. I used to have one and sold it.

Prices are higher than I am willing to pay for something I will probably shoot once or twice.

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    1956 Winchester model 94 all original. First real rifle I ever shot and always wanted one. Maybe it was because of all the lever actions in the movies or Chuck Connors in The Rifleman but I finally got one for a fair price from Hager’s in Hagerstown.

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    My last purchase of 2013 was an M1A. I was at Duffy’s and there to purchase a Springfield National Match. Vince said “let me show you something”. That devil whipped out a gun that was all GI parts on a Springfield receiver. Still one of my favorite guns to shoot.

He did the exact same thing to me with a new NM. But he added a mid 70's SP1... That was an expensive week.

Man I have a whole list "always wanted" firearms from Duffy's. Every time I went over to pick up something I bought, Vince would just happen to have something else I had to have.

He's why it took me 6 years to finish my house.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Man I have a whole list "always wanted" firearms from Duffy's. Every time I went over to pick up something I bought, Vince would just happen to have something else I had to have.

He's why it took me 6 years to finish my house.

He is evil.

Was it you who made a great post summing up the Duffy's experience a couple years back? You go in to pick something up, he hands you a gun and says, "hold this, I'll get it", and you end up buying that too?

I went to pick something up years ago, and my wife came with me to make sure I didn't buy anything else. SHE bought something......

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    As one of the other members stated it's a Kel-Tec RDB that I picked up the year before last Cyber Monday sale from Sportsman Guide. It's a real fun gun and is real popular on the range whenever I bring it out. No that wasn't me that posted before about another FG42, but I'd be interested to know about another FG owner for sure. I had mine built in .308 instead of 8x57 as it's cheaper to shoot and just another caliber I don't need to reload for.

The forum member Combloc has the other FG42 in its own informative thread. Very good detailed thread as his usually are. The thread is from 2014 so it was before you got on the forum. Use the search feature and enter FG42, came right up for me. His is 8mm.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Duffys is evil. I took my son there in the winter and it was like a candy store for adults. I got to handle and original Stoner/ armalite ar10. If it didn’t cost as much as my car I would have bought it. My had to have gun still eludes me, but getting closer now that Hk released the SP-5. I’ve wanted an mp5 since the 80’s.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    My last purchase of 2013 was an M1A. I was at Duffy’s and there to purchase a Springfield National Match. Vince said “let me show you something”. That devil whipped out a gun that was all GI parts on a Springfield receiver. Still one of my favorite guns to shoot.

Vince got to you too? I bought a standard M1A from him a week before the FSA2013 shit sandwich took effect. Unfortunately I don’t shoot it much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

browning guy

SCRUFFY NERF HERDER
    Dec 10, 2009
    Essex
    the Browning Continental cased set

Belgian-Browning-Superposed-Continental-Cased-Set-Double-Rifle-Over-Under-Shotgun-.30-06-20-Gaug.jpg

Sundazes

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 13, 2006
    Arkham
    He is evil.

Was it you who made a great post summing up the Duffy's experience a couple years back? You go in to pick something up, he hands you a gun and says, "hold this, I'll get it", and you end up buying that too?

I went to pick something up years ago, and my wife came with me to make sure I didn't buy anything else. SHE bought something......

I'm seeing a pattern here....

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I’m smelling what you’re stepping in and I couldn’t have said it better myself.

I think you just help me justify a future xcr purchase though. I’ll be sure to hide these posts from the wife....for your sake lol

Always glad to help a fellow traveler on the path to, what? Perdition, nirvana, bankruptcy, bliss . . .

Enjoy life. That's sort of the point.

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    I generally research a gun for quite awhile before purchase so I am aware of all the pluses and minuses. I am rarely disappointed.
    Several years ago I wanted one high end 22 sporting rifle, had to be pretty and had to be accurate, Did a lot of research and settled on a Cooper, once I did that I really had to have it.
    Problem with Coopers is if it's not in stock you can wait over a year for one to be built to your specs but I was lucky and a month after starting my search I found a very nice Custom Classic at Hendershots.
    It has been everything I hoped, no disappointments at all, one of my most accurate 22's. Another plus is that several years later with Coopers price increases I could get more than I paid for it if I was to sell although that is unlikely.

Attachments

• IMG_1524.jpg
      IMG_1524.jpg
      75.5 KB · Views: 275
    • IMG_1528.jpg
      IMG_1528.jpg
      49.6 KB · Views: 272

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    As one of the other members stated it's a Kel-Tec RDB that I picked up the year before last Cyber Monday sale from Sportsman Guide. It's a real fun gun and is real popular on the range whenever I bring it out. No that wasn't me that posted before about another FG42, but I'd be interested to know about another FG owner for sure. I had mine built in .308 instead of 8x57 as it's cheaper to shoot and just another caliber I don't need to reload for.

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=160352

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom