• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    Still have a few guns that I must have...when the cash allows. One is a Norinco paratrooper sks. Had the chance to buy one that was at the Maryland Quartermaster in Bel Air. Someone snatched it up before I had a chance to get back there. I also wanted a Taurus OSS 24-7 45 when they were out a long time ago. Got an FNP Tactical 45 so I'm not without a 45 but no HQL and no desire for one means no more handguns.

I've also always lusted after an Ulfberht rifle...if no one has seen one it is a semi auto .338 lapua magnum and it is awesome! (And exspensive as fxxk to shoot)! I believe "lead spitting freight train" was a phrase they used to describe the gun.

Attachments

• AR_ulfberht-e1456777868948-1.jpg
      AR_ulfberht-e1456777868948-1.jpg
      50.9 KB · Views: 381

Cochise

Ultimate Member
    Sep 5, 2008
    Rockville
    I have most of what I have lusted over since I discovered things that go bang...., an Ithaca NID 3 1/2" 10 gauge Magnum and then it's older baby brother the Ithaca NID 2 7/8" Super 10, a Luger, a Martini International with a Lyman Super Target Spot scope, a Darne, and a Manufrance Ideal.
    My list of so far unrequited love is A 3" Super Fox and a shooter grade Red 9 Mauser Broom Handle....sooner of later I will find the Mauser at a good price, a Burt Becker Super Fox is a holy grail unobtainable gun

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    He is evil.

Was it you who made a great post summing up the Duffy's experience a couple years back? You go in to pick something up, he hands you a gun and says, "hold this, I'll get it", and you end up buying that too?

I went to pick something up years ago, and my wife came with me to make sure I didn't buy anything else. SHE bought something......

LOL! You have a good memory. That was only 7 years ago. I bet it's still true today. Maybe I should go by and check?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=133583

That is why his screen name is what it is. :lol2::lol2:

It's not like he tries to hide it!

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    LOL! You have a good memory. That was only 7 years ago. I bet it's still true today. Maybe I should go by and check?

https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=133583

I still rate that one of the best posts ever on MDS. Probably because the same thing happened to my wife!! Went to pick up my USP9, she bought a S&W 329PD because she doesn't like the wimpy calibers I have.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I generally research a gun for quite awhile before purchase so I am aware of all the pluses and minuses. I am rarely disappointed.
    Several years ago I wanted one high end 22 sporting rifle, had to be pretty and had to be accurate, Did a lot of research and settled on a Cooper, once I did that I really had to have it.
    Problem with Coopers is if it's not in stock you can wait over a year for one to be built to your specs but I was lucky and a month after starting my search I found a very nice Custom Classic at Hendershots.
    It has been everything I hoped, no disappointments at all, one of my most accurate 22's. Another plus is that several years later with Coopers price increases I could get more than I paid for it if I was to sell although that is unlikely.

That's beautiful!

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Walther PPK since I saw my first Bond movie Live and Let Die in 1973. I'll finally pick it up Tuesday

Yep that was one of mine too. Bought a used one at Atlantic Guns and it broke shortly thereafter. I sent it to Walther and they said it would take too long to fix due to them moving to the new location and not having the tooling set up yet. They sent me a brand new one. Talk about customer service...

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    I generally research a gun for quite awhile before purchase so I am aware of all the pluses and minuses. I am rarely disappointed.

Several years ago I wanted one high end 22 sporting rifle, had to be pretty and had to be accurate, Did a lot of research and settled on a Cooper, once I did that I really had to have it.

Problem with Coopers is if it's not in stock you can wait over a year for one to be built to your specs but I was lucky and a month after starting my search I found a very nice Custom Classic at Hendershots.

It has been everything I hoped, no disappointments at all, one of my most accurate 22's. Another plus is that several years later with Coopers price increases I could get more than I paid for it if I was to sell although that is unlikely.
    Cooper's often have gorgeous wood. Truly a holy grail gun. What Leupold scope did you put on it?

Ecestu

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2016
    FN FNC and the HK93. Had to get rid of the FNC to move to this god-awful state, and the HK93 weighed a thousand pounds. I have much lighter .223 rifles that don't need a wizard to fix. I ruined my firearm dream by owning them.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    FN FNC and the HK93. Had to get rid of the FNC to move to this god-awful state, and the HK93 weighed a thousand pounds. I have much lighter .223 rifles that don't need a wizard to fix. I ruined my firearm dream by owning them.

Happens to a lot of us. They look great then we find out that a plain old $500 AR15 does most jobs just fine.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    Guns I had to have?

The below were stolen from me many, many years ago during a burglary when I was stationed in Texas. Fast forward many, many years later and I wanted to replace them with the same.

1. Winchester 30-30 Model 94
    2. Remington 870
    4. Marlin .22 Mdl 60

I felt better once I had procured them again. Granted they are newer versions but at least I have in my possession; guns that I grew up with and have important significance to me.

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

ZeX6pZf.jpg

Glad I'm not the only one! I had to have an HK 91, even though I knew its fluted chamber damaged ejected cases so badly you couldn't reload them. During a routine field strip and cleaning one day, I made the mistake of removing the bolt from the bolt carrier and it took me three days (and several phone calls) to figure-out how to reassemble it. :lol2:

qiWjFES.jpg

I had to have a Steyr GB. 18+1 capacity during an era when most 9's were still single-stack. What's not to like? I ordered one sight unseen and should've known it was going to be a large pistol but had no idea how friggin large. Plus, I couldn't hit shit with it.

I had to have a Sig P229 right when they first came out (1990?). Yeah, baby, .40 S&W was supposed to be the shiznit miracle round back then. Again, I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with it.

kLouROX.jpg

I had to have a S&W Model 29 Silhouette because I was competing in IHMSA at the time, using a Model 57 with an 8 3/8" barrel. I figured that the 29's longer 10 5/8" barrel and stepping-up from .41 Magnum to .44 Magnum would translate into better performance on 200M targets but, it was actually worse. I had been shooting .41 and was so used-to its flatter trajectory that .44 felt like I was lobbing 81mm mortar rounds at that distance.

TinCuda

Sky Captain
    Apr 26, 2016
    Texas
    My first must have gun was my 1911A1.

A friend of mine said he needed money to pay his lawyer. He was explaining about the lawyer was trying to get charges dropped for assault with a large caliber handgun or something like that. I don't remember exactly what he said.

Anyway, he wanted $75 and I bought it.

It was an old army model marked 1943 made by Remington 1911A1. It had been reblued then warn again, the barrel had been shot almost into a smooth bore.

I loved her and she will never be sold.

Attachments

• IMG_20181025_171736_104.jpg
      IMG_20181025_171736_104.jpg
      68.6 KB · Views: 368

Augie

Ultimate Member
    Sep 30, 2007
    Central MD
    Cooper's often have gorgeous wood. Truly a holy grail gun. What Leupold scope did you put on it?

Thanks, I have 2 that I use depending on nead, a 3 to 9 Zeiss and the Leupold is a VX2 6 to 18 fine crosshair and target dot when I want to shoot for groups.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Always wanted a Colt National Match Series 70 ,,, someday

One of the only firearms I have ever sold, was to buy one.

I sold my Mark IV Series 70 Government Model to buy my Gold Cup Series 70.

But I sort of cheated. I sold my Gov model to my Dad. Who still has it. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom