320d268b2245e06ae9961b294162420d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    The latest update from Nepal:

Hey guys!
    Been a while since the last update and we appreciate your patience.

Case Numbers and General Situation:
    Nepal currently has 57 recorded cases, 0 deaths and 16 people who've recovered.
    Since the last update, the trend of having a few stable days and then large single day increases has unfortunately continued. These clusters of cases are from groups of quarantined travellers who have eventually tested positive or in families of those who have returned from overseas. Cases of confirmed local transmission have remained very uncommon fortunately and even though these case numbers are rising faster than previously, it's thought that these are old cases that are being discovered by the system rather than evidence of new spread. The fact of the matter is though that this pattern continues to prove that the government is still discovering the true case numbers within Nepal and identifying the actual extent of the situation. Testing in Nepal is increasing, however resources for this kind of activity are limited compared to the west and geographic isolation will also make things difficult. Even though case numbers remain low it is unlikely that any of these restrictions will be lifted until further clarity is gained.

Border Closures:
    Border closures to both travel and freight has been extended until the 16th of May. Nepal is very reliant on international trade for medicine, fuel and other essential items so it's not unlikely that we start to run into genuine shortages in the next month or so (rather than hoarder based spikes in demand leading to scarcity). Nepal does however have a fair bit of experience with these kind of situations and is already preadapted to a certain degree. You guys have been hit the hardest and most unfairly by these border closures as many of your knives were already complete or even in cargo while these shutdowns took place. It's interesting to note that the date for border closures currently extends further than the work shutdown date. it's unclear if this is because maybe this date has had more thought put into it and has more solidity or whether it shows a government priority to lock nepal off over reducing community transmission. We're currently looking into any novel alternatives for getting these orders moving. If we have any success we'll be sure to inform you.

Work Shutdown:
    Nepal has been in complete lockdown since the 23rd and it's recently been extended again until the 7th of May. The only reason leaving the house is permitted is to visit or work at essential places like hospitals, policing and grocery stores. This has been a challenging situation for everyone but is also the strongest measure we have to halt the spread. The lack of community transmission implies that it's been effective, but the amount of new clusters and old cases that are being found daily casts doubt on how full a picture these numbers are offering us.

As it stands we haven't been able to work for over a month now and there's a strong likelihood of this extending further. Our estimate for the current turnaround time is 11-15 weeks from the date of having placed your order. This estimate takes into account a small amount of further extension of these shutdowns as well as delays due to our blacksmiths needing to move back to KTM to start work again. It's not as large an extension as it has been in the past due to a drop in our amount of new orders as well as in those which were already placed. We've assessed what our production capacity will be upon reopening and have already split these orders into batches with individual timelines, when to expect updates etc. We'll be sending out emails with this information soon in addition to these broader updates. This is also to some degree dependent on whether the border closures and work shutdowns close simultaneously or not.

For those a bit confused by how we manage to keep posting new knives to instagram etc through these stoppages, it's not that we're working and not letting you know. We have a backlog of a few hundred photos including some very saucy customs that you'll see soon as well as customer photos which get sent through pretty frequently. As these restrictions extend things will get tighter and tighter over here. However the Nepalese are a resilient people who are no strangers to disaster and economic disruption. With your continued patience and support we'll be on the other side of this soon, sharper than ever.

Take care,
    Andrew and the team at Kailash Blades.

Dreago

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2009
    I got a surprise email on 5/1 saying they were shipping the blade out on that Sunday. It was supposed to arrive on 5/18. Yesterday, I get a text saying it will be delivered by the end of the day. My friend ended up getting it yesterday afternoon and loved it!

Here's a look at it.

Attachments

• IMG20200502150644.jpg
      IMG20200502150644.jpg
      69.7 KB · Views: 424

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    I got a surprise email on 5/1 saying they were shipping the blade out on that Sunday. It was supposed to arrive on 5/18. Yesterday, I get a text saying it will be delivered by the end of the day. My friend ended up getting it yesterday afternoon and loved it!

Here's a look at it.

Really like that stacked leather with brass spacers handle!

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.

Here's a look at it.

Seriously good looking! I wish I would have gotten one of each sheath!!! Too smart

Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    I forgot to post this, here is Andrew’s sketch of my custom they’re going to put together. Definitely not their typical wheelhouse, but they’re damn good!

0e89f193bba34bee6e06c90e970a0c8f.jpg

kstone803

Official Meat Getter
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ltown in the SMC
    I forgot to post this, here is Andrew’s sketch of my custom they’re going to put together. Definitely not their typical wheelhouse, but they’re damn good!

0e89f193bba34bee6e06c90e970a0c8f.jpg

Think they would make me a kitchen cleaver? Need one but haven't found one I like yet. I want weight and lots of steel for chopping stuff like meat and bone.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Think they would make me a kitchen cleaver? Need one but haven't found one I like yet. I want weight and lots of steel for chopping stuff like meat and bone.

I believe they have made them. They were either on their site or on FB.

rickinboots

TEAM GET' UM
    Jun 12, 2011
    Pasadena
    Bowie

Just received my knife today. Order on 4/29.
    I went with the Bowie.

Attachments

• 3E83587C-C3DB-4EF0-9397-C1DB41784F6A.jpg
      3E83587C-C3DB-4EF0-9397-C1DB41784F6A.jpg
      128.9 KB · Views: 481
    • 2AF8745F-80A0-4141-B44A-36A9E2288407.jpg
      2AF8745F-80A0-4141-B44A-36A9E2288407.jpg
      116.4 KB · Views: 471
    • 62BE0E39-0AE8-4F35-A2CE-CBAF2E24586C.jpg
      62BE0E39-0AE8-4F35-A2CE-CBAF2E24586C.jpg
      131.2 KB · Views: 467
    • 9C5F2433-25F7-414B-B2B8-7CE5140CCF03.jpg