• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Zorros

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2017
    Metropolis
    I haven’t owned one, and was not aware of the QC problems. Hope he makes headway, cause i do like the looks of their products and price is good. but this would give me much hesitation unless someone who knows more than i checked out the specific one i intended to buy.

Attachments

• 00775151-F464-42A0-B0D8-F8E83AB7B1A7.jpg
      00775151-F464-42A0-B0D8-F8E83AB7B1A7.jpg
      83.5 KB · Views: 921

trailtoy

GOA, MSI, NRA
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2013
    St. Marys
    They sent me a prepaid label when I sent mine in. They said 10-12 weeks, only took 4, but that was months ago.

mdunphyjr

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2010
    North point / Dundalk
    I have 2 and I love them, neither have ever missed a beat and are my most neglected! With that said they are not what I'd rely on for a self defense scenario or anything I'd carry for that purpose simply because of what I've read.

Cobol2Java

Feb 10, 2020
    Lothian
    I have 2 and I love them, neither have ever missed a beat and are my most neglected! With that said they are not what I'd rely on for a self defense scenario or anything I'd carry for that purpose simply because of what I've read.
    I'm very satisfied with my Taurus 82, purchased in March. Shot 150 rounds of .38 Special ammo so far and have experienced no problems. Just picked up 50 rounds of +P ammo and will try it my next trip to the range.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    Only ever had two handguns from them. One was a PT-99 Beretta clone. Great gun, never an issue with it. Ended up selling it, wish I hadn’t.
    Have a model 82 which was an LE surplus. Need to get a new cylinder because the pawls are worn so it doesn’t cycle properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    I used to own a PT-99...got rid of it fairly quickly. The sights simply would not adjust far enough regardless of ammunition. The only reason I bought it was due to the owner was relocating and wanted to sell it and sold it to me for what a gun store offered him. I simply wasn't impressed by it and traded it towards a DCM M1 Garand and was given more trade-in value than it cost me.

SolomonsCommune

Tomato Grower
    Mar 28, 2013
    Calvert County
    I only have two.

A 2 year old 66 with 500 rnds thru it and an older but like new 82 (S&W Model 10 clone) with 100 rounds. Neither has enough rounds to judge them correctly but for the money they've been great so far and wouldnt hesitate to buy another one.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    I only own one, a TX22, and it's been a very fun and reliable pistol, especially for an auto-loading 22. It functioned very well out of the box, with something like 2500 various rounds put through it before I upgraded the recoil guide rod assembly (it's an aluminum slide, the factory recoil guide rod assembly has a un-filed edge on the spring, causing it to eat into the slide - Lakeline has a upgrade) and front sight post (fiber optic). I've since put another 2500 rounds through it, for a total round count of about 5k, with zero malfunctions other than bad ammo FTF.

That all being said, they have one glaring issue, one that was present on my gun. The bore of the barrels and the rifling can be absolutely horrible. Mine had chattering along the entire length of the rifling, leading to accuracy issues. Based on the purchase date, and when it left Taurus factory, it's absolutely inexcusable that my gun had this issue, as it had been identified in the initial run of guns. It took me about an hour of sitting on hold to get through to customer support. I've been waiting for my replacement barrel for well over a month, and was given no ETA when it was back-ordered. So they definitely have massive room for improvement in QC, supply chain, and customer support.

Batt816

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 1, 2018
    Eastern Shore
    I have a G2C less than a year old, maybe a hundred rounds through it, and a Taurus 1911 well over a thousand rounds. Both have been perfect so far. Great guns and great prices, so Im laughing all the way to the bank.

HiStandards

Aug 1, 2017
    Anne Arundel Co
    My daughter has a Taurus 94. It isn't as refined as my S&W KitGun, but it cost 1/3 as much. It has had over 1000 rounds through it, goes bang every time and it has pink grips. She's happy.

campns

Ultimate Member
    Mar 6, 2013
    Germantown, MD
    I'm very satisfied with my Taurus 82, purchased in March. Shot 150 rounds of .38 Special ammo so far and have experienced no problems. Just picked up 50 rounds of +P ammo and will try it my next trip to the range.

get ready for a nice bite when you put the +p through it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    My single solitary Taurus is a 90's 6" M44, was about 1/2 the price of a S&W, bought back when I didn't have much loot, and didn't know better. While it's kinda rough, with a little work it smoothed out well, and is a decent shooter. Have seen a LOT of problems with their firearms, broken crap on new guns, missing parts, and various things that never should have left the factory, so while I'm happy with mine, especially since I rarely shoot it, I'll never own another.

Feb 28, 2013
    Only ever had two handguns from them. One was a PT-99 Beretta clone. Great gun, never an issue with it. Ended up selling it, wish I hadn’t.
    Have a model 82 which was an LE surplus. Need to get a new cylinder because the pawls are worn so it doesn’t cycle properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got one of them Beretta clones... had it about 25 years. Not a hiccup out of it

Had one of their 44 mags... sold it for no reason other than bein pricey to feed. Still got a 689

Dingo3

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2013
    Fredneck
    Got a PT-140 Pro (I know, it’s a fotay) years ago. Don’t shoot it much, but it’s been fine when I have.

Gunny1

Senior Citizen Member
    I only own one, a TX22, and it's been a very fun and reliable pistol, especially for an auto-loading 22.... l guide rod assembly has a un-filed edge on the spring, causing it to eat into the slide - Lakeline has a upgrade) and front sight post (fiber optic). I've since put another 2500 rounds through it, for a total round count of about 5k, with zero malfunctions other than bad ammo FTF.

That all being said, they have one glaring issue, one that was present on my gun. The bore of the barrels and the rifling can be absolutely horrible. Mine had chattering along the entire length of the rifling, leading to accuracy issues. Based on the purchase date, and when it left Taurus factory, it's absolutely inexcusable that my gun had this issue, as it had been identified in the initial run of guns. It took me about an hour of sitting on hold to get through to customer support. I've been waiting for my replacement barrel for well over a month, and was given no ETA when it was back-ordered. So they definitely have massive room for improvement in QC, supply chain, and customer support.

Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

Ovid

Nov 19, 2011
    Reisterstown
    Good to know. Thanks for the heads-up.

No problem at all. Though I would note, that I would still buy it again, even given the issues present. At under $300 bucks after tax, it's by far the best .22 LR trainer pistol on the market IMO, and I've put a ton of rounds through SR22's and MP .22 Compacts. I'd buy two TX22's before one G44.

It's also still plenty accurate to ding 5in/8in steel at 25-50 yards all day in the hands of a compliant shooter, it just doesn't group well with the rifling issues.

ironhead7544

Oct 27, 2018
    Had a 4" 44 Magnum Tracker some time ago. It worked just fine. Won a 25 yard accuracy match one time. Any handgun could be used, including 22lr. The revolver was new to me and I had just zeroed it at 25 yards with WWB 240 gr ammo. I managed to shoot all tens. The porting and Ribber grips tames the recoil.

I used it as a 44 Special most of the time with a 250 gr Keith and a max load of Unique. The Keith load with the same bullet and 2400 powder was a pussycat to shoot and went 1000 fps from the really 3 inch barrel. The last inch is drilled out for the porting. The Skeeter load went 850 fps.

I would buy another Tracker.

Warwolvesinspace

Hoarder of Shinies
    Oct 2, 2016
    I'll never own another taurus unless it's the tx-22. Bought a tracker 41 mag new from factory. It came with a 44 mag cylinder. Sent it back to "repair." They replaced the cylinder, forcing cone, barrel, and yoke with damaged parts. Blatantly damaged. I'm talking cracks and gouges. Sent it back again. They returned it to me with new parts and a little card that said they test fired it 13 times. ********. You dont test fire a revolver more than once when you don't time or space the cylinder so the chambers don't line up with the edge of the forcing cone, let alone are unable to close the cylinder with a cartridge loaded. Sent it back again. Once I got it back the last time, I test fired it and then threw it into the back of the safe and bought a Ruger Redhawk 41 mag. Taurus lies about warranty work and test firing. Friends don't let friends buy taurus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom