• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    I'm not looking to jump in with both feet... I'm just tryin' to stick a toe in...:D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    I would get an HK sear or equivalent before a RDIAS. You already own a platform where you can get into rifle caliber for $3K with the Max11/15.

I thought about that route as well. About $10K more than a RDIAS?

crolfe1984

Enthusiast
    Oct 21, 2007
    Baltimore City, MD
    So my actual time from ATF check cashing to approval was only 164 days. However, the total process time from paying for the suppressor (in full) to pickup took exactly a year. I'm happy report that these two cans are home, and are my first two tax stamps.

Going to the range soon to try them out!

2stamps.jpg

rouchna

Defund the ATF
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 25, 2009
    Virginia
    So my actual time from ATF check cashing to approval was only 164 days. However, the total process time from paying for the suppressor (in full) to pickup took exactly a year. I'm happy report that these two cans are home, and are my first two tax stamps.

Going to the range soon to try them out!

2stamps.jpg

Congratulations! Hope you have more money stashed away. This sh*t is addictive :D

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    Cool gun room! But I see a few semi -"full autos copies" in those pictures. Have you ever considered selling off 3 or 4 of those semis and getting a real full auto? :innocent0 There was someone on this forum who has been making that case for the last 5 or 6 years. :D

Thanks. I have sold off many of those parts kits and semis. I am considering selling more. That SPAS 12 has really gone up. I might need to let a few things go and get into a Tommy gun. Sounds like a really smart guy from a few years ago...

It’s 2020, that ammo stash is your real gold ;)

I fight so hard with getting in the NFA world. A think a shore house is first.

Na, the Guns are still the real money. You should see the crates of ammo behind that pile. :) Everyone who fights it just regrets they did not do it earlier. A shore house... then you get a hurricane.... A MG gets better as things get worse and things only look to be getting worse in 2020. :)

I would get an HK sear or equivalent before a RDIAS. You already own a platform where you can get into rifle caliber for $3K with the Max11/15.

I agree, in MD I would not get a RDIAS. Just get a registered M16 lower and be done with it. They are better than the RDIAS.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    For you FA owners do you setup a trust or just transfer to yourselves as an individual?

Next dummy question. If I own say a M11/9 and die does ownership automatically transfer to my spouse, or does she then have to go through the NFA transfer process too?

The reason I ask these two questions is that I highly doubt my wife will want to have anything to do with the legalities and complexity of owning or transferring an NFA item. It’s the main reason I chose to do a trust for my suppressors. I just listed my closest friend and staunchest 2a supporter as a trustee, so he can either sell or buy them and just give my wife the proceeds.

Just looking for best practice ideas before purchasing.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    For you FA owners do you setup a trust or just transfer to yourselves as an individual?

Next dummy question. If I own say a M11/9 and die does ownership automatically transfer to my spouse, or does she then have to go through the NFA transfer process too?

The reason I ask these two questions is that I highly doubt my wife will want to have anything to do with the legalities and complexity of owning or transferring an NFA item. It’s the main reason I chose to do a trust for my suppressors. I just listed my closest friend and staunchest 2a supporter as a trustee, so he can either sell or buy them and just give my wife the proceeds.

Just looking for best practice ideas before purchasing.
    I have a trust. I did my M11/9 as an individual. My kids are minors, so too many people need fingerprints and photos. Put them in your will. Your family can transfer them tax free on a form 5 if you kick it. The turnaround on those is rumored to be 30 days or so. You need a better doctor...

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I have a trust. I did my M11/9 as an individual. My kids are minors, so too many people need fingerprints and photos. Put them in your will. Your family can transfer them tax free on a form 5 if you kick it. The turnaround on those is rumored to be 30 days or so. You need a better doctor...

I'm trying, but finding a good doctor is harder than finding small pistol primers right now....

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I'm trying, but finding a good doctor is harder than finding small pistol primers right now....

Thats the truth, Ive been having some real issues lately and none of these knuckleheads can figure it out. I know there is a real issue, these guys dont have a clue, ive spent like 5K out of pocket over the last two years and still not solved. I just expect to keel over one day and then they go, well he had this going on, he should have had it check out :rolleyes: Any of you doctors that want to take a stab, hit me up, it would be appreciated.

mtlcafan79

Ultimate Member
    Sep 11, 2008
    PG
    Did you order the Lage FA only trigger, grips/mag release, sear, and safety too? Those are very worthy upgrades if you don't have them already. If you shoot at Cindy's I can let you try one of the CFW bolts and the MAX11-15 if you want once they open again.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    One of my Suppressed 300 BLK

This is a Witt Machine integrally suppressed 300 BLK complete upper with Spikes Crusader lower, Adaptive Tactical stock, Tubbs flat spring, Ryker hand grip, Vortex UH1, Luth-AR Chubby hand grip. Not shown, 1/2 point sling, Lancer Smoke Translucent 30 round mag, and LaRue trigger. I use Lancers for my 300's to not confuse with my magpuls v2 and v3 for .223/5.56.

Had this etched on the lower: non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam. Translates to Not unto us O Lord not unto us but to thyne Name give the glory Psalm 115:1 in King James Edition. Since it is a Crusader lower, why not add Psalm used by Knights Templar? :) Sorry for the blurry pics and no foot.

Attachments

• boogshirt2.jpeg
      boogshirt2.jpeg
      73.7 KB · Views: 470
    • boogshirt3.jpeg
      boogshirt3.jpeg
      71.4 KB · Views: 442

spitfire481

Mar 31, 2012
    Glen Burnie Md
    Did you order the Lage FA only trigger, grips/mag release, sear, and safety too? Those are very worthy upgrades if you don't have them already. If you shoot at Cindy's I can let you try one of the CFW bolts and the MAX11-15 if you want once they open again.

Thanks for the input. I live 5 minutes from Cindys and go there usually. Hopefully they get the range back open soon-ish. Right now I just have the max11k upper, stock and quick detent pin. The grips are out of stock still or I’d have them as well. I will probably do a trigger this winter

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    This is a Witt Machine integrally suppressed 300 BLK complete upper with Spikes Crusader lower, Adaptive Tactical stock, Tubbs flat spring, Ryker hand grip, Vortex UH1, Luth-AR Chubby hand grip. Not shown, 1/2 point sling, Lancer Smoke Translucent 30 round mag, and LaRue trigger. I use Lancers for my 300's to not confuse with my magpuls v2 and v3 for .223/5.56.

Had this etched on the lower: non nobis domine non nobis sed nomini tuo da gloriam. Translates to Not unto us O Lord not unto us but to thyne Name give the glory Psalm 115:1 in King James Edition. Since it is a Crusader lower, why not add Psalm used by Knights Templar? :) Sorry for the blurry pics and no foot.

I've looked hard at these for a while now....how quiet are they? Happy with it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom