• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    Searched and didn't find an answer, so:

Is it still legal in MD to purchase, and have delivered to you in-state, individual MG metal links (not belts, just the links) in MD? Not one link at a time, certainly, but in quantity. I'm pretty sure the answer is "yes, it's legal", but some of the more lawyerly types here may have a more definitive answer.

TIA.

bbrown

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 10, 2009
    MD
    IANAL either and I was under no impression that there was any issue.

Belts could be construed to be "magazines" by some (holding more than 10 rounds, e.g.), or "ammunition feeding devices" in a stretch (knowing MD it would be attempted).

Just curious about individual metal links.

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    “DETACHABLE MAGAZINE” MEANS AN AMMUNITION FEEDING DEVICE THAT CAN BE REMOVED READILY FROM A FIREARM WITHOUT REQUIRING DISASSEMBLY OF THE FIREARM ACTION OR WITHOUT THE USE OF A
    TOOL, INCLUDING A BULLET OR CARTRIDGE.

I think you should be fine with links, but to stick with the theme IANAL..

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Links are fine. One of the IP's got MSP to agree that belts abd links aren't mags and thus aren't subject to mag limits.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    Links are fine. One of the IP's got MSP to agree that belts abd links aren't mags and thus aren't subject to mag limits.
    Did the IP get the Name, Rank & Location of MSP talked to / questioned along with date and time of day the "agreement" was stated?

No I'm not trying to over kill, just familiar with how two faced officials can be :innocent0

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    A few years ago when I was getting my Wiselite semi-MG42/M53, I called MSP and the person who answered the phone, stated in a response to my question "Are belts considered magazines and therefore subject to the 20rnd limit?" Which she, honest to god, said "mmmmmm probably not." Needless to say I had them shipped to my uncle in PA to be on the safe side. Sometimes calling MSP on these "odd" areas is pretty useless. These were non-disintegrating belts. I'm sure modern disintegrating links would be fine.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD
    A "magazine" is a spring assisted ammunition feeding device, belts or links simply hold the ammunition, the feeding of said ammunition is done typically by the top cover. When I explained this to MSP they concurred as well as my legal counsel.

IMBLITZVT

Ultimate Member
    Apr 20, 2009
    Catonsville, MD
    How about the legality of selling 10+ round mags online out of state? I would think the POS is the state they are being sold to. So no MD or any other of the Liberal states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom