• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • justin820

Nov 9, 2014
    Perry Hall, MD
    Yeah I joined up last year and have been reading many posts. Decided I guess I should do an intro say hi and maybe start posting.

Been living in the Parkville area my entire life and currently work in Baltimore City as an IT Tech.

A have been shooting for over a year now
    OCT 2014 got my HQL bought bought my first gun which was an AR15 because I had to wait for my HQL application to go through which took about a month.
    Then getting antsy waiting for my HQL I bought a Maverick 88 shotgun and I am loving them both, though the shotgun seems to wear out your shoulder a little faster.

As soon as I receive the HQL I bought a Glock 17 which is an awesome gun. I started going to FreeState to shoot but quickly realized with the AR15 I wanted to shoot longer distances. First I went to Hap Baker, and I guess it was still October and hunters sight in there rifles, so it was crowded. It was a good couple hours wait so I went back to FreeState that day.

The next time I ended up at AGC after joining Homewood Rifle and Pistol and now I have been shooting there but since AGC is about 40 minutes or so away I am up still going to Freestate when I just want to get a quicky in.

So that is how my first year pretty much went. Oh I did end up putting together another AR15 using a stripped lower and that was a great learning experience. Takes all the voodoo out of how a gun really works. I

ts funny/sad 1 year later and whenever I type gun, I look over my shoulder make sure no one else is reading this like I just cursed.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 167

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Welcome aboard...you've joined a community that you'll never forget. I've been in the shooting sports for over 63 years, still compete at 75, and the best people I know are all 2A supporters and gun owners. My Ranger buddy is 74, has a FFL01 and is opening his own shop and range complex in Warren, PA. If I can help you in any way, just drop me a line.

I belong to Maryland Rifle Club and Marriottsville Muzzle Loaders. I compete with an array of long guns and have my Rifle and Pistol Instructor ratings.

Lew--Ranger63
    Laurhell, Merryland 20769 ( I am not a MD native)

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Welcome! I also shoot at the AGC. It's an hour for me, but stiil worth it. When I go, I bring a lunch and try to make a day of it to get the most out of the two hour travel time and $15-20 gas investment.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Welcome! I also shoot at the AGC. It's an hour for me, but stiil worth it. When I go, I bring a lunch and try to make a day of it to get the most out of the two hour travel time and $15-20 gas investment.

Gees what are you driving, an Abrams Tank?!?!

Gas is under $2 a gallon. :rolleyes:

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    80 miles at 15 mpg...yeah, I guess it is a little easier now than it was. :D Cool! One less excuse not to get out there!

I was just messin', but I guess even a .50 cent increase could push you up pretty quickly.

Sorry to hijack the intro....

OP Welcome from Marriottsville. If we meet, I'll drive you and Art to lunch so as to save some gas cash. :D

tdt91

I will miss you my friend
    Apr 24, 2009
    Abingdon

You may want to consider SLCFSA up in Quarryville, PA. It's an hour from me and no worries about traffic jams.

Welcome to the group OP

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom