• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    HuffingtonPost.com -
    Gun Owners Pressure NRA Over Ted Nugent's Anti-Semitic Rant
    "He has no business being on the board" of the gun rights group.

Yeah, like the Huff'n'Puff Post is a big time supporter of the NRA ... :mad54:

A longtime gun rights activist and conspiracy theorist, Nugent has served on the board of the NRA since 1995. Best known for his hit 1977 song, "Cat Scratch Fever," he has gained new fame in recent years for espousing controversial and at times racist political opinions.

The usual suspects piled on ...

Mother Jones
    Daily Kos
    Media Matters
    WaPo

But Nugent's latest rant has sparked an unusual backlash -- from pro-gun writers, Jewish gun owners and groups that typically avoid wading into the gun rights debate.

Now THAT to me is more offensive than Nugent's rant as it implies that 'good' Jewish gun owners avoid confrontation, which is the counterpoint of what Nugent said. Alan Gottlieb and JFPO have yet to comment ...

However, TheTruthAboutGuns.com did blast him on their website and Facebook. So, is he and should the NRA ask him to resign ?

Attachments

• Nugent anit-Semetic - TFB.jpg
      Nugent anit-Semetic - TFB.jpg
      38.6 KB · Views: 678
    Last edited:

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    Saw this on Yahoo yesterday. I'll put this in the words of comedian Bill Burr:

What did you think he thought? I suppose you would be totally shocked to hear that he doesn't like black people either right?

Seriously tho, Ted can be a bit too outspoken for his own good.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

His opinions have as much impact on me as Oprah, Rosie, Beyonce, Jamie Fox, etc.

Celebrities and pseudo-celebrities have opinions that get more press than deserved.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Are any of the folks he identified pro-gun? The individuals I recognize are antis. I have no idea about their religion, except a possible hint from their last names, but that's just inference on my part, not fact. So, did he post a lie, or a fact that is politically incorrect?

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Ted was pointing out how the people on that list were anti-gun while being Jewish, while saying "Never again" about the Holocaust. He did not create that picture, it's a repost. Unfortunately, he did not fully explain things in the post.

Redd Byrd

Oct 2, 2007
    Doesn't bother me one way or the other.

His opinions have as much impact on me as Oprah, Rosie, Beyonce, Jamie Fox, etc.

Celebrities and pseudo-celebrities have opinions that get more press than deserved.

:thumbsup:

ih23

Dec 13, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    Ted was pointing out how the people on that list were anti-gun while being Jewish, while saying "Never again" about the Holocaust. He did not create that picture, it's a repost. Unfortunately, he did not fully explain things in the post.

That's my take. I've heard Ted Nugent speak before, enough to know he does make wild rants, but he's not an idiot, and he certainly isn't a racist.

In fact, Ted Nugent made a personal comment in the comment section of that same post and said, "NEVER AGAIN mthrfkrs!" He called out the people in that pic for their hypocrisy if anything. The post was directed towards those specific individuals, not to a whole group of people. Let's not forget that Hitler enacted one of the most successful gun confiscation initiatives for the sole purpose of disarming his opponents and those he hated. Why in the world would any Jew today support the same initiatives to disarm citizens and make them defenseless? I think that was his point.

And as pointed out already, the only ones making a fuss about that post are the same leftist news networks that ALWAYS falsely cry racism, sexism, xenophobe, etc. They are always willing to take anything out of context if it can malign or mis-characterize anyone they don't like or anyone who goes against them.

And NOTHING he personally wrote in the post even mentions a religion or race. Here's what that post said:

Know these punks. They hate freedom, they hate good over evil, they would deny us the basic human right to self defense & to KEEP & BEAR ARMS while many of them have tax paid hired ARMED security! Know them well. Tell every1 you know how evil they are. Let us raise maximum hell to shut them down!

These leftist news agencies are the same ones who don't say crap about Obama disparaging conservatives and Christians with his regular remarks belittling them, or calling the police stupid. These are the same leftist news organizations that push for racial divide by creating imaginary stories insinuating that hate and racism by conservatives and Christians is rampant in America. They are nothing but inciters.

Where was this same media calling for the end of a person's career when their leftist darling said women who don't support Hillary have a special place in hell? Where was their outcry when Beyonce and her dancing crew made political statements, at the halftime show in the Superbowl, which supported the Blank Panthers and their black power cause; a racist group who murdered innocent officers in the past with glee? Yeah, these are the news networks that only talk when it suits their agenda.

And that image in the post was not made by him, it was a re-post. It might have been politically incorrect, but it wasn't factually incorrect. Could he have chosen another pic? Yeah, sure. Is the pic an issue though? Only to those wishing to create something out of nothing, and totally missing the point of the post. Those pictured in the post are ALL gun grabbers that don't give a damn about the Constitution or our rights or for ensuring a free people are able to always defend themselves.

Here's Ted Nugent's latest post:

How tragic that the self inflicted scourge of political correctness can blind so many otherwise intelligent people! Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership founder Aaron Zelman was a dear friend who often referred to me as his "2nd Amendment hero". Here are my sincere words for the great man's memorial.

No more powerful words exist better defining the battlecry for freedom than a Jew proclaiming, loud and proud, "NEVER AGAIN!" And no more powerful statement could be made for such self evident truth than a group called Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership. My hero, my American BloodBrother and an American Warrior legend, the great Aaron Zelman perfectly represented all free men who refuse to be controlled by others or denied our God given right to keep and bear arms. We stand repulsed by the ugly soullessness of unarmed helplessness.

If Aaron and I were together in Nuremberg Germany in 1938, I am confident that we would have led the charge to disarm Nazis and kill them with their own Lugers, refusing to board the trains or be told what to do. Many Americans will take the mighty spirit of defiance so forcefully guided by Aaron in his lifelong dedication to crushing the enemies of freedom, by keeping his dream alive to crush any and all demonic attempts to disarm free men in our beloved America.

In our hearts, and in the winds of liberty, I feel the spirit of Aaron Zelman forever. In the wind, he is still alive. God rest his warrior soul, Godspeed his defiant spirit.

Freedom BloodBrothers, Ted Nugent & family.

All those leftist news networks can honestly shove it.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Nothing anti-semantic about it, pointing out gigantic hypocrisy of a group of people that have already brought their religion and it's history into their advocacy. He doesn't disparage or desecrate the religion, only pointing out that they have aligned their beliefs with a regime that attempted to exterminate their own people.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    Nothing anti-semantic about it, pointing out gigantic hypocrisy of a group of people that have already brought their religion and it's history into their advocacy. He doesn't disparage or desecrate the religion, only pointing out that they have aligned their beliefs with a regime that attempted to exterminate their own people.

He may or may not be. The image most certainly is.

The hilarious bit is that the image uses the Israeli flag to identify these progressives; these people HATE Israel and have nothing to do with that nation.

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    Yeah, like the Huff'n'Puff Post is a big time supporter of the NRA ...

...or friends of the Jews or Israel.

Nugent, however, probably is anti-Semitic. Over the years, he's made some really squirrelly comments about "Jewish control" (of the record business). But he's a great guitar player and anyone that takes a pop musician's politics seriously needs to be sent to bed without their dinner.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Perhaps they should study some history about their people were disarmed in the evenings leading up to the Holocaust and join the NRA.

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    I don't think he's racist. Ive read his books and never saw anything racist in them. I think the media would do anything possible to make him or anyone else in the gun rights world look bad. I will say that I don't understand anyone that has been oppressed by a government that supports gun control. Governments that disarm citizens have a tendency to kill them. Just look at the Nazi's or any communist country. First disarm citizens(in the name of safety) then control them and then kill whoever stands in your way. Those that don't learn form history……...

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    ...or friends of the Jews or Israel.

Nugent, however, probably is anti-Semitic. Over the years, he's made some really squirrelly comments about "Jewish control" (of the record business). But he's a great guitar player and anyone that takes a pop musician's politics seriously needs to be sent to bed without their dinner.

I'd vote for him over HRC or BS any day!:party29:

Kashmir1008

MSI Executive Member
    Mar 21, 2009
    Carroll County
    Either way it was a bad call on his part. The tone of the post that I, and quite a few of my friends picked up, was that he was saying Jews are behind the gun control movement which is absurd because there are so many Obama, Clinton, Jackson Lee, OweMalley idiots that are driving gun control who aren't Jewish.

Poor choice of posts. Inadvertently inflammatory at best.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code

:thumbsup:

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Lest they forget ...

Perhaps they should study some history about their people were disarmed in the evenings leading up to the Holocaust and join the NRA.

The Nazis’ Gun Ban Facilitated Kristallnacht
    Stephen P. Halbrook, Ph.D., J.D.

The night of November 9-10, 1938 marked the seventy-seventh anniversary of the Night of the Broken Glass, or Kristallnacht, the Nazi pogrom against Germany’s Jews in November 1938. Historians have documented everything about it except what made it so easy to attack the defenseless Jews without fear of resistance. Their guns were registered and were easily confiscated in the weeks before the onslaught.

By fall of 1938, the Nazis were ratcheting up measures to expropriate the assets of Jews. To ensure that they had no means of resistance, the Jews were ordered to surrender their firearms.

Under the pretense of searching for weapons, Nazi goon squads vandalized Jewish homes, ransacked businesses, and torched synagogues. Jews were terrorized, beaten, and murdered. Orders were sent to shoot anyone who resisted.

SS head Heinrich Himmler decreed that possession of a gun by a Jew was punishable by twenty years in a concentration camp. Some 20,000 Jewish men were thrown into such camps for this or for just being Jewish. The Jewish community was then held at ransom to pay for the damage done by the Nazis.

Today, as in Weimar Germany, gun registration and prohibition are depicted as benign and progressive. Government should keep strict track of gun owners and ban any guns it wishes, because it is inherently good and will take care of you. The experiences of Hitler’s Germany, or for that matter Stalin’s Russia or Pol Pot’s Cambodia, are beyond American exceptionalism. Perhaps that could have something to do with our Bill of Rights, which guarantees the rights to free speech and to keep and bear arms and which the American people understand and exercise.

Nugent offered the same reminder as Ph.D. Stephen P. Halbrook, but not as eloquently ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom