• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    I broke down and applied for the HQL today.

First things I plan to grab are a Star BM and some of the cheap surplus Berettas which have been hitting the market recently.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Anyone know how long it takes to go from PENDING to COMPLETE? And at what point do they post your license number so the splurging can begin?

RuralRifleGuy

Aug 16, 2018
    Queenstown
    Anyone know how long it takes to go from PENDING to COMPLETE? And at what point do they post your license number so the splurging can begin?

There's a thread in the MD 2A section I believe about wait times. It can take a week to a month, just depends on how busy they are and if there are any issues. You will likely receive a notice from the CJIS before the actual HQL card arrives.

With the holiday closing next week, you probably shouldn't expect it until the week of January 6th at the earliest.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Still an HQL holdout. FFL03 eases the pain a lot. (It's also a lot cheaper than an HQL, plus they ship firearms to your door, no 7 day wait. Just like in America!)

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    Still an HQL holdout. FFL03 eases the pain a lot. (It's also a lot cheaper than an HQL, plus they ship firearms to your door, no 7 day wait. Just like in America!)

I've been that til now. Truth be told I buy few handguns and those that I do have are mostly c&r.

NYRangers917

Oct 6, 2015
    Frederick, MD
    I see that. Pending, complete, etc. What indicates the CJIS approval? One of those steps?

When i got mine a in 2015, everything stayed marked as "Pending" for about 3 weeks then one day I checked and all was approved...:shrug:

Seems like they sit on it as long as they can in the 30 day given period.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom