• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    oDE61vy.jpg

But will it be anywhere near as good as the original? That's the question!

According to a person on another forum, they will be stainless with forged internals.

https://www.marlinowners.com/forum/handguns/599009-new-colt-pythons.html

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Nice. Still kick myself every day for turning down a beautiful stainless 6" Python for a Glock 17 when I bought my first handgun. The python was only $50 more.

Balzer94

Feb 27, 2011
    Interesting to be sure, but lots of questions here.

How do they compare? What is the cost? Will anyone under the age of 55 even care?

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

I will care depending on the price an quality. I had the opportunity to shoot one a few years ago. It was an excellent revolver. So much nicer than my performance center revolver from S&W

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Interesting to be sure, but lots of questions here.

How do they compare? What is the cost? Will anyone under the age of 55 even care?

Guess we'll find out soon enough.

*****Ok. I think they will be *better* than the original Colt Pythons. They will be cheaper than the original Colt Pythons in inflation adjusted dollars, and there will at *least* four people under the age of 55 who will care.

I have absolutely *no* special information that is not already public regarding any of the above but just want to throw my opinion and carefully considered thoughts on this subject out there since this is MDS and it's what we do here!!!!

Once these come out, I can't wait to argue with those that have original Colt Pythons telling those with new Colt Pythons how much better the originals were, how they were built by craftsmen who hand tooled each mechanism to insure perfect alignment of parts, and how the new Pythons were mostly built by mindless robots in a sterile factory with only cursory inspection by a guy whose Mom Demands Action, but gets none.

Those with new Colt Pythons will argue value and practicality, in addition to not being afraid to actually shoot their gun, as they are now more affordable than the originals in inflation adjusted dollars, and available with a variety of options, including a presentation case made of recyclable and/or compostable material, extra grips to fit smaller effeminate hands versus manly hands, and sights with limited edition "Python Eyes" Tritium night globes that change color from green to red as you shoot your new gun.

You heard all of this here first on MDS !!!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    *****Ok. I think they will be *better* than the original Colt Pythons. They will be cheaper than the original Colt Pythons in inflation adjusted dollars, and there will at *least* four people under the age of 55 who will care.

I have absolutely *no* special information that is not already public regarding any of the above but just want to throw my opinion and carefully considered thoughts on this subject out there since this is MDS and it's what we do here!!!!

Once these come out, I can't wait to argue with those that have original Colt Pythons telling those with new Colt Pythons how much better the originals were, how they were built by craftsmen who hand tooled each mechanism to insure perfect alignment of parts, and how the new Pythons were mostly built by mindless robots in a sterile factory with only cursory inspection by a guy whose Mom Demands Action, but gets none.

Those with new Colt Pythons will argue value and practicality, in addition to not being afraid to actually shoot their gun, as they are now more affordable than the originals in inflation adjusted dollars, and available with a variety of options, including a presentation case made of recyclable and/or compostable material, extra grips to fit smaller effeminate hands versus manly hands, and sights with limited edition "Python Eyes" Tritium night globes that change color from green to red as you shoot your new gun.

Nothing about the last of the old craftsmen trudging through the snow uphill both ways to and from the factory to do inspections? Come on!

Laughing MAO. I think you're pretty much all over it! :)

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016

:lol2: I am so with you on that!

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    On the bright side, the handgun roster entry for the Python is as generic as can be, so hopefully we can buy these as soon as they're released...

Model: PYTHON
    Model Number: ALL MODELS APPROVED. PLEASE ENTER MODEL NUMBER.
    Caliber: 357 Mag

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I'll be very curious to see what the cost ends up being and the quality. I have had a hankering for a Python for a very long time

SWO Daddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2011
    :lol2: I am so with you on that!

It happens with every gun that's reintroduced or had a significant production change. The Sig folks are bad (I love reminding them how much they complained about rusting/cracking/shearing roll pins on their beloved German - made Sigs...), the FAL folks are the worst, though their arguments aren't without merit.

I think the new Python will be a hit so long as Colt didn't mess with it too much, or ask too much for it.

TheOriginalMexicanBob

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2017
    Sun City West, AZ
    It all comes down to performance. If the new Python performs at the level or above of the original...it will sell. Supplies will likely be tight at first...if it requires handwork s the original...only a select few craftsman will be assembling them and doing it right takes time. If they rush the job...well...they'll have a debacle on their hands. Colt botched the intro of the new Cobra in 2017 when supply wasn't up to demand and quality control by a forging supplier wasn't up to spec. That didn't happen with the new King Cobra...it was done well with no supply shortages and great quality control.

Colt wasn't the first gun maker to botch a product release...and won't be the last. And that doesn't just apply to gun makers but in many industries.

JerseyMike

Dec 16, 2019
    Germantown
    As a millennial who doesn’t really know anything about guns but loves the walking dead...I’ll definitely pick one up later this year, hopefully it comes in a 6inch barrel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom