• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    Bill: HB910 Criminal Law - Untraceable Firearms [BILL TEXT PDF] / Cross-filed as SB958 Criminal Law - Untraceable Firearms [BILL TEXT PDF]
    Sponsors HB910 (Del. Dumais) / SB958 (Sen. Lee)
    Hearing: Video of Testimony for HB910 House Judiciary Wed. 2/26 1pm / Video of Testimony for SB958 Judicial Proceedings Tue 3/3 at 12:00 p.m.
    Location: HB910 1:00 PM - House Office Building, Room 100, Annapolis, MD / SB958 12:00 PM - East Miller Senate Building, Room 2, Annapolis, MD
    Status: HB910 First Reading House Judiciary / SB958 First Reading Senate Judicial Proceedings
    Notes: HB910: Written testimony NEW POLICY (Requires 1 print copy & PDF on flash/thumb drive).

Summary:

Prohibiting a person from manufacturing, causing to be manufactured, assembling, constructing, possessing, selling, offering to sell, transferring, purchasing, or receiving certain firearms; prohibiting a person from using a certain 3-dimensional printer to manufacture, cause to be manufactured, assemble, or construct a certain firearm; prohibiting a person from distributing a certain computer program; establishing certain penalties for violations of the Act; etc.

Last edited:

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    I wonder how the computer program bit would shake out in court? Weird impractical thought experiment, would reading open source computer code line by line in its entirety to someone count as distribution?

PowPow

Where's the beef?
    Nov 22, 2012
    Howard County
    I believe this one prohibits most if not all private (e.g. homemade) firearms build-related activities. We won't know the extent until the bill text is posted. It looks and sounds like one from last year, but the bill pages don't list it as such.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    I believe this one prohibits most if not all private (e.g. homemade) firearms build-related activities. We won't know the extent until the bill text is posted. It looks and sounds like one from last year, but the bill pages don't list it as such.

Probably made some changes to make it worse than last year’s bill. Won’t those A-holes just cut it out?

TangoSierra27

MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2017
    FOREST HILL
    I've seen some of these 3D printed guns on You tube. Many explode or Crack badly after one shot. It reminds me of the zip-gun days. I understand the tech is new, and will get better with time. I have to say I'm in favor of this bill, there will come a time when anyone could run off an entire series of firearms with no oversight at all. My biggest concern would be if they injure the user, there is no recourse.

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Let's hope it's as poorly thought out and written as HB004 so we can either kill it in the Senate JPC, or at least have a solid basis for a lawsuit.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I've seen some of these 3D printed guns on You tube. Many explode or Crack badly after one shot. It reminds me of the zip-gun days. I understand the tech is new, and will get better with time. I have to say I'm in favor of this bill, there will come a time when anyone could run off an entire series of firearms with no oversight at all. My biggest concern would be if they injure the user, there is no recourse.

Nine posts until the first BUTTER shows up. :sad20:

Rabu Rabu

Operatoroperatoroperator
    Sep 10, 2012
    Cambridge, MD
    Let's hope it's as poorly thought out and written as HB004 so we can either kill it in the Senate JPC, or at least have a solid basis for a lawsuit.

We're in Maryland. Every bill the anti's write is poorly thought out and full of logical fallacies. Anywhere else and these bills would be laughed out of committee. It's legitimately why we do so well in our fight if you ask me.

Nickberg500

Ultimate Member
    Sep 20, 2019
    North of Baltimore County

Dude. You realize when you build a firearm it's for personal use only right? Whoever's putting it together has to hard-core research what they're building, they'll be fine. These aren't guns in the hands of criminals, they're enthusiast built.

1841DNG

Ultimate Member
    Apr 17, 2016
    My biggest concern would be if they injure the user, there is no recourse.

If it pleases the crown, I would request permission to leave my padded safety room and skateboard. I promise to wear at least two helmets. I may not be as smart as the educated nobles in this court but I know you only have my safety in mind. What would we lowly peasants do without our big brained betters to tell us what risks we can take with our own well being?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    But it's for your own good!

We know what you need, and we're making it mandatory.

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The only thing oppressive laws do is make smart, law abiding citizens be more creative. I designed and built a modern sporting rifle that lacks several key features required to make it a copycat of Maryland prohibited ARs. Then I moved to PA because I got tired of having to live that way.
    14031ca55d7c37fc43924553dbf3dcb0.jpg

knastera

Just another shooter
    May 6, 2013
    Baltimore County
    We don’t need 3D printers to build stuff. I need $50 and a trip to Home Depot to build a slam fire 410 shotgun. Ban one thing and we’ll find two more ways to do it legally. People that are resourceful and committed will always find a way. Banning software, printers, and 3D modeling files will not accomplish anything except promulgating more ineffective and unforced laws.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom