• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    it will be interesting to see how well they hold up. the roller lock guns need very precision parts and fitment, as well as great heat treatment. if they get it right. they will have a winner for sure !

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Any MD dealers putting these on order and submitting to the handgun board? I need to know who to give my money to.[/QUOTE]

Yep

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    it will be interesting to see how well they hold up. the roller lock guns need very precision parts and fitment, as well as great heat treatment. if they get it right. they will have a winner for sure !

hopefully global ordinance will handle any warranty claims with pride and treat customers well :)

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    my advice to anyone wanting a Stribog, would be to buy one now and if youre bent on the roller delayed version, wait for all the bugs to be worked out, sell the one you buy now, and upgrade.

that way you can get familiar with the platform now and pick up and aftermarket parts wanted :)

Punisher

Apr 21, 2018
    To confirm Grandpower sent a sample the week of Aug 14 for approval, to make August 20 cut off date. ETA November for the SP9A3

Last edited:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    SP9A3 have made to MD Elite Firearms. Unfortunately they are not on the roster yet so these aren't for sale.

Attachments

• SP9A3 PDW.jpg
      SP9A3 PDW.jpg
      50.1 KB · Views: 384
    • SP9A3.jpg
      SP9A3.jpg
      54.4 KB · Views: 332
    • SP9A3 2.jpg
      SP9A3 2.jpg
      54.5 KB · Views: 328

mangleu

Jan 29, 2020
    SP9A3 have made to MD Elite Firearms. Unfortunately they are not on the roster yet so these aren't for sale.
    Do you know what the msrp on these is? Also are the mags pinned, or the 10rd size?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Do you know what the msrp on these is? Also are the mags pinned, or the 10rd size?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    I have that info on my desktop. Should be able to update the pricing later. Pinned mags

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies

Good morning, BBestPawn!

Just curious if you have any braced SPA93 models remaining in stock you can ship out-of-state to a FFL in Hickory, for a NC resident? (Maybe one fell behind a shelf or cabinet somewhere? Haha, I know chances are slimmer than slim that you might but, figured I’d inquire of an IP before going outside the MDS community .... :party29:

MDElite

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2011
    Good morning, BBestPawn!

Just curious if you have any braced SPA93 models remaining in stock you can ship out-of-state to a FFL in Hickory, for a NC resident? (Maybe one fell behind a shelf or cabinet somewhere? Haha, I know chances are slimmer than slim that you might but, figured I’d inquire of an IP before going outside the MDS community .... :party29:
    Thanks for checking with us. We are currently sold out. Waiting on the next shipment.

woodline

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2017
    Thread revival time:

I put about 100 rounds through my SP9A3 (80 suppressed with Dead Air Wolfman, 20 unsuppressed to check function) today to check the function of the firearm with the parts I’ve installed in it. So far so good, but I gave it the best possible chance of success by running 124gr NATO spec ball ammo and only partially loading the mags. Not ready to call it ready for prime time, but I’m very happy so far.

Modifications made so far:
    (Mine came with the HB Industries brace adapter and SB tactical B&T brace so I didn’t need to add anything to brace it)

Removed the US marked locking piece, added the original 40 degree locking piece (supposedly lowers recoil and makes the pistol more reliable when run suppressed)

Swapped out stock parts for:

HB Industries locking charging block

HB Industries shorter stroke recoil buffer

HB Industries extended bolt catch/bolt release

HB Industries Flash Hider/trilug adapter

Primary Arms red dot I bought but never used for anything else

I haven’t installed them yet, but I also have the HB Industries lightened trigger and disconnector spring as well as their ambidextrous safety selector to install. To be honest I may return them, as the safety and flat faced trigger my particular Stribog SP9A3 came with are perfectly fine.

I considered trying to talk KD Gunwerkz into selling me their recoil buffer system, but have decided it wasn’t worth $90 + shipping and handling. The HB Industries buffer is like $20, and prevents carrier overtravel, which keeps spent casings from falling back into the action or fcg. Recoil with the 40 degree locking piece is minimal, only slightly more than the H&K MP5K we were shooting at the same time. Blowback was nonexistent. This is far and away the most pleasant suppressed PCC I have shot southpaw. The ambi controls are fantastic, and I’ll take a slightly jumpier gun as a trade off any day.

My next range session will focus on magazine reliably. The Stribog came with 2x metal reinforced straight mags and 1x curved mags. I’ll probably buy into the curved mags eventually, but want to see if they start offering mags with anti-tilt followers and upgraded springs. My suspicion is that if they do not, there will be aftermarket options eventually. I will probably also check to see how my preferred defensive ammo runs in it, or if I’m going to be stuck with Lehigh anti-vampire bullets, Hornady critical duty, or some other specialty ammo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom