• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jul 1, 2012
    My unicorn was a Thompson M1A1. Chased it for most of my adult life. Sometimes dreams come true.

My dream gun as a kid... I ALMOST had Dad convinced we really needed one :)
    My great uncle (Dad's uncle) had a Thompson he brought back from WW2. Coolest thing since sliced bread.

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    A .375 H&H or a .416 Rigby bolt gun - don't have one yet, don't know why I need one, and the wife isn't buying the excuse that we have a lion problem in the neighborhood. Even my argument that one would be very handy for getting snow off the roof isn't working - no snow this year!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Since I have one of the world's largest collections of antique brass knuckles, I had to get an Apache knuckle gun from 1869.

How about a "My Friend" knuckleduster? Classic.

I readily admit that yours is scarier, though.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I must say though if the price is too high, i dont care how bad i want it, i will walk away.

You're tougher than I am. If desire and money coincide, I can be had.

Some say it's not that you bought too high, you just bought too early.

Some get in a lot of trouble with that argument, but after a while, you forget the cost, and enjoy the toy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    You're tougher than I am. If desire and money coincide, I can be had.

Some say it's not that you bought too high, you just bought too early.

Some get in a lot of trouble with that argument, but after a while, you forget the cost, and enjoy the toy.

It is in how you define "too high."

If you can afford it, it may not be too high. :D

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    A .375 H&H or a .416 Rigby bolt gun - don't have one yet, don't know why I need one, and the wife isn't buying the excuse that we have a lion problem in the neighborhood. Even my argument that one would be very handy for getting snow off the roof isn't working - no snow this year!

I traded off a .458 Win Mag a couple of years back. The running joke on them is that you get a barely used rifle, and a box of 19 shells. I had just that.

I have a .375 H&H. It is not a pleasant gun to shoot, especially at a bench. The bench holds you in place. Easier to shoot offhand. If we are ever at the same range, you are welcome to a couple of shots and figure out if you REALLY want one. I may take it pig hunting someday.

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    I don’t own it, but I want it. A Remington 700 XCR in .338 Lapua. I have no need for this gun. I am nowhere near skilled enough to shoot anywhere near what that gun or round is capable of. I will likely never be able to test their limits. And finally the cost per round would make me sick on range days. Regardless, I still want one.

RJRjr

Aug 26, 2017
    cecil county
    Stopped at Millers guns on the way home from Wilmington yesterday and saw an old Remington 511 22 bolt action. All of a sudden I had to have it.

Hippy

Mar 11, 2008
    Frostburg Md
    Being on the wrong side of 70 there have been many that I had 2 have BUTT only 1 that I could not LIVE without
    My Remington 22 40X Sporter Repeater-- I was working @ a wholesaler when they became available @ $ 700.++ they were WAY out of my league a few years went by they were selling $ 1000.00 then $ 1500.00 soooo I bit the bullet and found a deal on one for $1250.

Mine is still in the safe and since the low #'s 700 +/- are now bringing a pretty price it will more than likely still be with me when I go to the Happy Hunting Ground

Jim

Yoshi

Invictus
    Jun 9, 2010
    Someplace in Maryland
    My favorite picture of my Father was one from Vietnam and him hipping a M14. I am always wanted one and since I can't own one, I opted for the M1A Loaded. Close enough. Glad I bought it before the Springfield shenanigans...

lemmdus

Feb 24, 2015
    Going to seem silly but a Heritage 22lr Rough Rider. I shot my friends and thought "What a fun gun", and only $120 I couldn't resist. I bought one that day.

Mattitude

Jan 31, 2020
    Fayetteville, NC
    I always wanted a FG42 ever since I picked up a Shoei model gun when I was living in Japan (1997-2001) but couldn't afford the 250,000+ grand they would sell for when I returned to the 'States. When SMG published that they were going to produce a "Type 2" (really a Type G) for 5 grand i had to do what I could to get one. I was on the waiting list for a little over 3 years when I got the email that if I wanted it I had to pay up on short order otherwise they would move to the next person on the list and I would go back to the bottom. My wife was sympathetic enough to let me use her severance pay to buy it. My wife also let me use some of our tax return to buy a SIG P210 Target, another gun that i always wanted but could never afford.

GOXgcU3.jpg

pOu6dli.jpg

btXtqGa.jpg

wZ2jNng.jpg

hL4WuaD.jpg

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    What is the bullpup in the picture with the FG? Doesn't look like the 2 Tavor models I am familiar with. Awesome FG by the way not sure if it was you who had a thread about it on here in the past but really cool gun.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I traded off a .458 Win Mag a couple of years back. The running joke on them is that you get a barely used rifle, and a box of 19 shells. I had just that.

Years ago I knew a set of twin brothers who shot. We went to the range one time, and they wanted me to shoot their Ruger #1 in .458 Win Mag.

I should have paid attention, as they had fired maybe 7 rounds out of the box. :D

But when I went to shoot (off hand), one brother walked over and stood just to my right, about even with me. VERY close. I wondered, but WTF.

So I fired the round. I quarter turned from the recoil, and DROPPED the rifle into his waiting hands. :D

They had learned. And yes, I was the 8th person to fire it. ONE per person was all that anyone wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom