• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shogunade

Mar 21, 2020
    Ranges are closed.

Have the itch.

Wanna share your favorite training and/or gun related training videos you've come across?

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    I'd go ahead and "like" Kembativz on Facebook and watch Kelly's various Facebook live events that he's been doing of late. He also posts many of these on their new YouTube page. Kelly McCann pioneered a lot of stuff that is now being taught by so many others (example: he was the first guy to put a red dot on a handgun for defensive purposes).

Mike Seeklander has a lot of free stuff on YouTube as well, broken down nicely by topic like grip, trigger control, etc.

shrinkwrap

MDS Supporter
    Apr 30, 2012
    MoCo
    Just FYI, there are several ranges open in the Baltimore-DC corridor. Gilbert's in Rockville and Cindys Hotshot in Glen Burnie, among, I am sure, others around the state. Private ranges, alas, are considered non-essential and are closed.

Neutron

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2014
    severna park
    Just FYI, there are several ranges open in the Baltimore-DC corridor. Gilbert's in Rockville and Cindys Hotshot in Glen Burnie, among, I am sure, others around the state. Private ranges, alas, are considered non-essential and are closed.

Nope. Private ranges can be open. No more than 10 people at a time on the premise. I went yesterday.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

cowan is cool. If you have something like a shoebox and an airsoft model of your defensive guns, you can get some relatively valuable practice moving around your home and shooting at the "threat"(shoebox or other airsoft-friendly target places somewhere by someone else in your house). You can also get some solid practice working handheld and wmls. With kids, flashlight tag and nerf against the youngins can teach a lot of the same stuff in a fun kid-friendly way. If you've got big people in the house and more than one airsoft gun, go to town playing different scenarios against each other. Between dry-fire and airsoft, you should be able to still work on some good stuff.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008

dunno if this counts, but still fun to watch to make you think about what you're doing.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    HE talks A LOT. I could never get into him. That 28 minute hallway vid he could have done in 15 minutes.

That is very true. He's not super great at condensing info.

I'll try to do better by you by posting a malfunction-fixin video by PatMac

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Mike Glover explains things very well.

I've been watching a lot of his stuff recently. Everything he does is smooth AF and very well explained. His survivalist stuff is pretty cool too(making fire, purifying water...etc). His muzzle-up vs muzzle down stuff with shawn ryan was interesting....especially when compared to kyle lamb's stuff. It seems like newer doctrine is starting to replace older stuff and you can see the change from lamb to shawn in the glover video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom