• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • travistheone

Usual Suspect
    Dec 11, 2008
    cockeysville
    in the time of microscopic analyzation of any and all recorded communication it would be nice to delete some older posts.

this doesnt appear to be an option?

KevinK

Ultimate Member
    Jun 24, 2008
    Carroll County, Md
    in the time of microscopic analyzation of any and all recorded communication it would be nice to delete some older posts.

After a time, you can only edit old posts, not delete them.

At best/worst, you can delete all the text and just put a period in.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I believe you can erase but only before a certain time . They give many days/month(s) . But once it hits a certain time it is not an option

Slackdaddy

My pronouns: Iva/Bigun
    Jan 1, 2019
    Personally,
    Edit so it has no body, just periods,

delete your account, start a new account without an email and name not linked to your real name.

And you are correct to be concerned, see my post under the "crab house" thread.

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Personally,

delete your account, start a new account without an email and name not linked to your real name.

Not a good idea, sure way to get banned forever.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    You can only delete watercooler posts and only for a limited time. Non watercooler posts can be edited(not sure if there is a time limit), but not deleted.

Huckleberry

No One of Consequence
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Severn & Lewes
    Never Write, Say or Photograph Anything you wouldn’t want your Mama to see then you’ll have nothing to worry about.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Personally,

Not a good idea, sure way to get banned forever.

Yup - destroy content and you're done.

Create another account and both will be done.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I know another gun forum i used to belong to the posted information is not your information after it is posted it becomes property of the forum such as MDS or any other forum . Makes sense since that is what makes a forum it's pages and content and if people could remove it then it would be silly .

Boxcab

MSI EM
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 22, 2007
    AA County
    I believe there was a problem with a person or two trying to change history by deleting their posts and then claiming how they were picked-on by the community. It made a real mess of some threads and was a blatant attempt to alter history.

The internet is forever, so be mindful of what you post.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    I believe there was a problem with a person or two trying to change history by deleting their posts and then claiming how they were picked-on by the community. It made a real mess of some threads and was a blatant attempt to alter history.

The internet is forever, so be mindful of what you post.

Bingo.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    Maybe the other option is to make the entire forum viewable to members only? People either shit or get off the pot and just not lurk?

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    What post is it you want to delete?

****Yea. Let us know the post(s) you want deleted, comrade. :lol:

The internet is forever. If you posted it on a public forum, it is *never* gone.

Hillary Clinton found this out the hard way when she deleted all of of those 30,000 emails of cooking recipes, yoga, etc... Once the FBI and NSA found them, she got in big trouble, went to jail for having classified information on a non secure server, and will probably never be able to show her face in public again! /s :innocent0

But yea. It's only a matter of time before busy bodies start pouring over our posts, and trying to "arock" those that have posted anything that can be used against them. The irony is that people voluntarily post on Facebook, Instagram, etc... as well as here on MDS. People have gotten in trouble at work over their postings on social media. Standards of what is acceptable to post and discuss are now changing very rapidly, and the left is emboldened.

Many on the left have been busted for inappropriate stuff, even NYT editors, but if they are lefties, they are mostly given a pass.

When in doubt, keep your mouth shut, and hope they come for you last. Or, fight back. This is all going to get uglier before it gets better.

Ammo Jon

Ultimate Member
    Mar 3, 2008
    ****Yea. Let us know the post(s) you want deleted, comrade. :lol:

The internet is forever. If you posted it on a public forum, it is *never* gone.

Hillary Clinton found this out the hard way when she deleted all of of those 30,000 emails of cooking recipes, yoga, etc... Once the FBI and NSA found them, she got in big trouble, went to jail for having classified information on a non secure server, and will probably never be able to show her face in public again! /s :innocent0

But yea. It's only a matter of time before busy bodies start pouring over our posts, and trying to "arock" those that have posted anything that can be used against them. The irony is that people voluntarily post on Facebook, Instagram, etc... as well as here on MDS. People have gotten in trouble at work over their postings on social media. Standards of what is acceptable to post and discuss are now changing very rapidly, and the left is emboldened.

Many on the left have been busted for inappropriate stuff, even NYT editors, but if they are lefties, they are mostly given a pass.

When in doubt, keep your mouth shut, and hope they come for you last. Or, fight back. This is all going to get uglier before it gets better.

The 1st is just as important and the 2nd. If someone is anti Semitic I’ll live. If I care that much to “arock” them, they’ve won. IDGAF.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Yup - destroy content and you're done.

Create another account and both will be done.

I know another gun forum i used to belong to the posted information is not your information after it is posted it becomes property of the forum such as MDS or any other forum . Makes sense since that is what makes a forum it's pages and content and if people could remove it then it would be silly .

My epiphany for the day: our tomfoolery and stupid opinions are "content." That almost makes us seem important or even meaningful. :shrug: I hadn't really thought of it that way.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    My epiphany for the day: our tomfoolery and stupid opinions are "content." That almost makes us seem important or even meaningful. :shrug: I hadn't really thought of it that way.

I got a whole bunch of stupid on these pages , but the way i look at it i am with good company :innocent0:D:lol2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom