• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Any one attempt to make their own and test them.

Yeah i did.

I glued about 9 sticks together and tied it with old twine, like a Tom Sawyer raft. I then JB welded about nine cardboard boxes to it. I grabbed an old bed sheet it wrapped it tightly then glued on some molle strips and added a “Roof Korean” and “Alamo” patch.

I had my wife shoot me from 30 yards away. It worked most of the way, I’m not dead. The colostomy bag i now have for life kinda stinks.

Who TF makes their own body armor?!?!?

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Election season/pre-Chinese military invasion bump.

Anybody have a chest rig they recommend? I’m planning on taking some carbine courses and figured a chest rig would make it easy to keep mags organized and available. Been looking at this one:

Also, AR500 has 20% off for Labor Day

Last edited:

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg

Anybody have a chest rig they recommend? I’m planning on taking some carbine courses and figured a chest rig would make it easy to keep mags organized and available. Been looking at this one:

you taking at Spartan?

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011

Keep in mind they take forever to get stuff to your door so if you need it in a month order 3 months prior

jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011

I boiught my 1st Chest Rig actually no plates yet still researching. I went Agilite K19, I like it, Agilite seems to have deccent crossover with others and their proprietray stuff seems to integrate seemlessly. Also like that when I get their AMP3 Pack later I can actually use the carrier as the support structure as opposed to a second set of straps. I know some hate the Agilite and other love it to me its pros do out weigh its cons. The major Con for me is it is one size fits most, so to me it feels a little short but it has good adjustability and once I get plates I can more accurately gauge this short feeling.

Mule

Just Mule
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2013

Looks like you already settled on an option, and can't really beat $42, for sure.

I don't have a lot of worthwhile input to share on a chest rig. But, for the benefit of others who may be researching chest rigs, still wanted to post this.

I took a class with the team from Gadsden Dynamics a while back, and got to see the gear they were using.

It was excellent quality, and would probably be one of my first choices, based on what I saw.

Also, something I think is pretty cool is that Gadsden will build you a custom rig, too. They have a drag-and-drop tool on their website that will allow you to select your own components and arrange them in your preferred positions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom