• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The ONLY time I have problems with USPS is when my regular mailman is not on the route. He's wonderful.

UPS and FEDEX are a mixed bag. Sometimes they';; carry a 50 pund box of ammo or dog food through the gate and up a flight of stairs and leave it on my porch; sometimes they leave it just inside the gate, in the rain. You never know. If I know something's coming I keep a close watch, but occasionally miss the guy. SOmetimes they deliver later than scheduled.

Fortunately I haven't been hit by porch pirates. So far. December is always worrisome, as the Free Shit Army is scavenging.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    My experience is that FedAxe is the worst.

I once had a firearm going to a local FFL and they kept trying to deliver it at 8am or earlier. How many retail businesses excluding gas stations and restaurants open that early? Plus the driver could have easily seen the hours on the door because there was only one way in/out.

They also play this game where they claim to have tried to deliver something that needs a signature but never show up once, forcing you to go to their creepy pickup location at the corner of Ghetto and Gang and deal with people who look and act like you're below their contempt.

My experience with USPS is similar to BobA's I can tell when my regular postal carrier is off. Unfortunately, she's held accountable for anything the lazy-ass substitutes do on her route.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    I received a gift of some very nice steaks yesterday. Unfortunately they were shipped via FedEx on Monday and arrived at room temperature with the dry ice evaporated.

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I get packages from FedX, USPS, UPS and Amazon contract drivers.
    Last month an Amazon contract driver drove up to my driveway, stopped for 3 seconds then backed out and left. Notification said they handed to resident. I called and even offered to send the evidence video and they did not care, just refunded it. $130 item.
    I’d say as many Fedx,USPS and UPS packages come a day early as a day late with 80% or more on time. Between my stuff and wife’s office stuff that now comes to the house. We get deliveries nearly every day.

With the high up tick of deliveries nation wide , you have new people making mistakes and new scams too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

04RWon

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2010
    Orlando, FL
    You will get it between Monday through Friday, no big deal! Just another day with Fedex and it ******** way of service. Maybe Amazon should should step in, since Jeff is slowly taking over the online and shipping industry.:D

Even worse.. it showed up today while at competition. Note, they didnt ring the doorbell, again no camera went off. We get home and its sitting ON TOP OF THE DELIVERY box. Couldnt even put it in the giant freaking bin... Im happy its hear, but not happy to see a box with the silencershop pokeballs on it sitting out for the world to see.

dementlr

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Mary's County
    My FEDEX story: Part from Ruger arrived at local distro and was supposedly out for delivery. I had to wait 4 days before they finally advised me to contact the shipper. Ruger made it right and shipped a new replacement part via UPS. 3 days later an order from Cabelas was supposedly delivered. No package. Found it on an adjacent street at a neighbor's house. Today, package from Sig supposedly left at my front door. Once again no package and this time not at the neighbor's house. GPS info for my house is accurate, takes you right to my clearly marked street and my house numbers are big and visible. I have memorized the 800 number for FEDEX. Pitifu!

[Kev308]

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 23, 2020
    Maryland
    Just got my carbine back from repair. They sent FedEx, and required a signiture upon delivery. I received a text around 8:30 in the morning saying something about a signiture required. I warned my wife I was expecting this delivery and of course it came the only hour she was going to be out of the house.

Package left on doorstep, no signature.

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    FedEx definitely draws my ire more than UPS, with USPS in a close second. Ordered a shipment of ammo, waited two weeks for fulfillment, and then it finally shipped, set to be delivered that Wednesday. Wednesday arrives, and 8 PM rolls around, still no package. I check the tracking number, it says it's in Hagerstown, and delivery will be the following day. Thursday comes and goes, it's now in Gaithersburg, and delivery's been delayed until Friday. I call FedEx, politely voice my concern/displeasure at the delay, and tell them I'll be out of town the next day, so to please put it under cover on the porch, so it won't be obvious or in the sun/rain. Friday comes around, I get home from my travels at about 5:30 PM, and the box is sitting in the middle of my porch, front and center, and in the rain. Fortunately, the shop had all the boxes secure in shrinkwrap, and bubblewrap on top of that. The thing that kills me the most? I could understand if it was just because of the WuFlu, but this has been the norm for FedEx in my experience for years.

USPS is pulling similar shenanigans right now with another order I placed, and I'm pissed since that one had a lead time of like six weeks. They said it'd be here Tuesday, naturally it wasn't, and the tracking's just showed "Arriving Late" with no location updates for three days now. Plus our mailman likes to bend envelopes that say in giant letters, DO NOT BEND, and throw stuff on our porch. Nice guy.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Look for my thread on a FedEx delivery last Nov.

It went out on the truck EIGHT times, before it was delivered.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    I’m getting hit by USPS right now.

Have one package via first class, that was scheduled to be delivered on 8/18. It’s been marked “arriving late, in transit” from that date up until 8/25. I submitted a search request, haven’t received a resolution on it, but as of late 8/26, it was showing at a post office in Columbia. Wtf. It’s since been transferred to another facility in Columbia.

I have a set of Hesco plates, sent priority mail, scheduled for delivery 8/24. They’re showing at the distribution center in Linthicum Heights since that date, but as of 8/27, haven’t left. I submitted a search request on that one too. My local post office did an “investigation”. That’s been “resolved”. Wanna know how? They checked the tracking number and found that it’s at Linthicum Heights, but they’re unable to reach the facility via phone. But hey, I’m welcome to try calling too! Gee thanks.

So now I sit and wait for my body armor, which has been on order since late May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Fedex just left my ammo (signature required) next to the mailbox. Their tracking says that it was signed for by "AN," which are indeed my initials. I'm pretty sure that, if I had signed for it, I wouldn't have just left it by the mailbox.

(if anybody knew the value of what was inside that box...it was 9mm :eek:)

LongRanger300

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 14, 2020
    Fedex just left my ammo (signature required) next to the mailbox. Their tracking says that it was signed for by "AN," which are indeed my initials. I'm pretty sure that, if I had signed for it, I wouldn't have just left it by the mailbox.

#YIKES It’s good that you can trust your neighbors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD

Several years back, I had ordered 200rds of 30-06 in an ammo can from CMP. FedEx was to deliver, with signature required. I happened to be in my basement when they delivered, but I could see the truck out front. By the time I got to my front door the truck was gone. Sitting on my front porch was a flat, 6x10ish package. Clearly not an ammo can and no doorbell ring to obtain a signature. I look at the shipping label and the address has 3 digits (my street address has 4, and the numbers aren’t even close)......and, it even listed an apartment number. Clearly, my house was not an apartment. I check the tracking number for the ammo and it says it’s been delivered.

I take the package to the apartment complex across the street and find the correct apartment. Guess who’s ammo can was left sitting in front of the door? Yep, mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Always a mixed bag. I love my regular USPS guy; his subs are sometimes OK, sometimes not.

Fedex & UPS likewise; I've had super-heavy boxes of ammo or dog food carried up front steps and up again onto the porch, and I've had ammo left on the walk just inside the gate in the rain.

I've had packages from overseas that I had to chase for days once they finally cleard customs and were supposedly delivered; I've had them arrive on my mailbox in less than a week. (Note: west coast customs clearance is super fast compared to NY.)

If it's particularly expensive or unique it comes insured. I'm not convinced that "signed for " pkgs are treated any more carefully than ordinary stuff, and often it's worse, trying to get hold of a pkg that's bouncing around from carrier to PO to carrier.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    FedEx sucks and so does their LTL division.

Had three crates that each contained the incorrect hot food transport carts. We don't usually ship out freight, more inbound and as such our hours are 8-12 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. FedEx called bitching that they couldn't do a pick up before 12 and would anyone be around last Friday? I was working in the office, gave them my number and told them to have the driver call me when he was 15 mins away and I would meet him. No call.

This morning I'm at the warehouse doing some work on my pick up and a FedEx truck shows up around 10am. I thought he was going to my place since he was up on that end of the building so I walked over and asked. Nope, delivery for Sherwin Williams. Okay, can you take a pick up when you're done? Nope, I would have to call their dispatch. Eff it, I don't care that much.

About a half hour later I get a call from FedEx wanting to know if someone will be around between 2-3pm? Same deal, call me when the driver is 15 out. I get the call, go to the shop and load the freight and the driver is bitching that he had to come all the way to Elkridge from Bowie to make this pick up.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    FedEx sucks and so does their LTL division.

Had three crates that each contained the incorrect hot food transport carts. We don't usually ship out freight, more inbound and as such our hours are 8-12 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. FedEx called bitching that they couldn't do a pick up before 12 and would anyone be around last Friday? I was working in the office, gave them my number and told them to have the driver call me when he was 15 mins away and I would meet him. No call.

This morning I'm at the warehouse doing some work on my pick up and a FedEx truck shows up around 10am. I thought he was going to my place since he was up on that end of the building so I walked over and asked. Nope, delivery for Sherwin Williams. Okay, can you take a pick up when you're done? Nope, I would have to call their dispatch. Eff it, I don't care that much.

About a half hour later I get a call from FedEx wanting to know if someone will be around between 2-3pm? Same deal, call me when the driver is 15 out. I get the call, go to the shop and load the freight and the driver is bitching that he had to come all the way to Elkridge from Bowie to make this pick up.

That sounds like the bassackwards service you should get from USPS (since they're the government, and all :rolleyes: )

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    FedEx dumped a 70lb multifunction printer by my mailbox in the rain 100 ft from my front porch.

Not only was it soaking in the rain, the box was crushed.

Opened it up. The vendor was smart enough to put it in a plastic bag, so it was dry, but the scanner glass was cracked.

Took pictures and reported back to the vendor. They were kind enough to refund my payment (+shipping) while they filed a claim with FedEx.

Waited a week in case FedEx wanted the damaged printer back. Nobody showed.

Cleaned out the broken glass on the scanner. Found where the screws and snapdowns went in the plastic. Went down to Lowes and picked up a piece of 1/8" window glass. Cut it to size, slipped it in and held it in place with double sided tape.

Voila! Free business-class multifunction printer.

Okay, 10 bucks for a piece of glass and maybe two hours of work. But close enough to free that I'm not complaining anymore.

jollymon

Dec 6, 2016
    Now in Tennessee ,
    FedEx tracking showed our package was delivered at 11:59 am yesterday , So I called went through the phone menu and finally got some guy give him the tracking number , same number I gave twice on the phone menu , So this rocket scientist said it was delivered at 11:59 . I said NO it wasn't and said are you sure , I told him that we both work from home and no FedEx truck was seen all day , He said that he will file a investigation and asked for my phone number and will call me . That was at 8 last night . Never got a call , So this morning I open the garage door and hear a "Thud" it was the package leaning against the door so some time last night or the wee hours of the morning it was delivered , I can only guess that they put it there because they didn't want to take a chance I had a camera on the front door ( I do ) Tracking still shows 11:59 yesterday for delivery . FedEx is the other carrier that I have problems with all the other carriers no problem .

mdbassplayer

Feb 1, 2017
    I have generally been pretty lucky with all three (Fedex, UPS and USPS) as my local drivers are all honest and friendly. The backup USPS drivers have been horrible and almost lost 3 Form 4's - luckily they put them on my immediate neighbors porch and not some random person a few blocks over. I also get a neighbors mail from a street over whenever they are on duty. We might have finally complained enough to get that taken care of. I also sent a package to PA that got misdelivered to the wrong address by a backup USPS driver up there.

I just shipped a bass cross country to CA with zero issues and actually got there a day early with Fedex Ground. Received one from OH via UPS a day early as well. Probably jinxing myself saying I have had no issues.

m1carbine

Mar 10, 2015
    I have had decent luck with ups and usps. UPS has been very reliable and the only issue with USPS have been with the distribution centers messing up.

FederalExcuse is another matter altogether. A couple years ago the driver delivering my dillion reloading press faked delivery attempts 3 days in a row. The most annoying part of it was the lying from customers service about it. They were lying to me on the phone that the driver was just running late but would still be delivering while the driver was faking the delivery at the same time as I am sitting on the porch waiting for them. They finally delivered it without a signature 4 days late.

I do my best to avoid them whenever I can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom