Looking for MD Compliant AR-15 in 5.56/.223!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mdgunz32

Sep 15, 2020
    Hi all, I'm new here and was hoping to get some help. I am struggling to find a compliant AR-15 here in MD. EVERYTHING is out of stock. I'm checking wikiarms/ammoseek everyday multiple times. I call the stores and they have nothing. I do see some crazy prices like $1500+ whenever 1 or 2 pop up though. I'm willing to go up as high as $1200.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get my hands on one. I bought a bunch of ammo and I want to join a club so I can go to the range and shoot.

Thanks in advance!

sead0nkey

Señor member
    Jul 25, 2008
    AA
    I grabbed a colt socom a few months ago for 1500. They are now selling for 2500-3000. Arfcom has deals if your willing to be patient.

Skipjacks

Ultimate Member
    Wait a year until demand drops and supplies catch back up

It's your only real option if you don't want to pay gauge prices

On the plus side....not having an AR prevents you from needing to pay the sky high prices on ammo right now. A thousand rounds right now costs what a serviceable rifle did just 6 months ago

Bullfrog

Ultimate Member
    Oct 8, 2009
    Carroll County
    If you had asked last week I would have suggested a trip to the Gettysburg gun show might have helped. I didn't check prices because that isn't what I was looking for, but I saw a few for sale.

I also saw several vendors selling lowers, and others (such as Precision Arms) selling everything else you would need to build one. If you are up to the task of assembling one, in the current market it might be easier to locate a lower, parts kit and complete HBAR upper rather than a complete AR.

Pinnacle

Firearm Licensing (MD, FL, AZ)
    Aug 11, 2020
    I was in Guntry a few days ago and they had several ARs. Hanover Armory also makes them daily. I do see them from time to time in Tyler's but they go fast.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    Hi all, I'm new here and was hoping to get some help. I am struggling to find a compliant AR-15 here in MD. EVERYTHING is out of stock. I'm checking wikiarms/ammoseek everyday multiple times. I call the stores and they have nothing. I do see some crazy prices like $1500+ whenever 1 or 2 pop up though. I'm willing to go up as high as $1200.

Does anyone have any advice on the best way to get my hands on one. I bought a bunch of ammo and I want to join a club so I can go to the range and shoot.

Thanks in advance!

I was in Tyler Firearms about a week ago and they had 15 or 18 (I can't recall exactly). MD compliant, complete AR15 rifles in stock.

Who knows if they are still in stock, but give them a call. I couldn't tell you the specs on them but I believe they were $1200-$1300.

FFBWMD

Industry Partner
    Oct 3, 2011
    Woodbine MD

Thanks in advance!

We have a limited number in stock if you want to stop by tonite and check them out.

Brian

grimnar15

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 21, 2019
    Bollinger has several MD compliant rifles in stock.

Bollinger Gunsmithing & Sales, LLC
    19 W Baltimore St.
    Taneytown, Md 21787

Phone: 410-756-5454

CelticBiggie

Mar 26, 2016
    A friend and my brother both were able to get ars from AM shooting in Damascus. PSA builds and Maryland compliant.

Dingo222

Nov 6, 2019
    You could always try a build if budget is an issue. Plenty of shops with lowers and compliant uppers around here. With prices out of sight for a while, getting creative and buying it in component forms helps, and you get the gun you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom