• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I received my Marlin Glenfield bolt action for Christmas sometime in the early seventies I believe. Dad got it from Montgomery Wards or Sears I'm sure. It came with a Tasco scope. The scope has long since been replaced but the rifle still has pride of place among my small collection-- It was my first "real" rifle. unlike yours...mine has a seven round magazines.

My Dad was a Montgomery Wards guy , i remember going with him off Washington Blvd. and walking every floor , also any visit we went to the tool department .
    I am fairly sure that is where he got it . He liked Wards over Sears but Sears was a close to Wards .

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    I was digging around today and found I have both the squirrel and non squirrel additions. I bought the squirrel 1 about a year ago , probably paid to much for it but it is in excellent condition and has the scope on it.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    I was digging around today and found I have both the squirrel and non squirrel additions. I bought the squirrel 1 about a year ago , probably paid to much for it but it is in excellent condition and has the scope on it.

My Glenfield has squirrel, my Revelation no squirrel!

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    I received my Marlin Glenfield bolt action for Christmas sometime in the early seventies I believe. Dad got it from Montgomery Wards or Sears I'm sure. It came with a Tasco scope. The scope has long since been replaced but the rifle still has pride of place among my small collection-- It was my first "real" rifle. unlike yours...mine has a seven round magazines.

Model 25 sounds like.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    My serial number on my Glenfield 60

the number starts with 71 so made in 71. I know after 72 they did the 2000 - the first two numbers. Mine is also a squirrel....sorry pic a little dark.

Attachments

• IMG_7331.jpg
      IMG_7331.jpg
      19.4 KB · Views: 115

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    My Dad does not remember what he paid for my 99C in late 1966.

It was given to me with a Weaver V22 scope on tp off rings.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Gun Broker , can you guys enlighten me . As soon as i increase the bid amount it kicks me back and tells me i have been out-bid (it is instant) then i look it is a verified buyer . I am a newbie there , can you auto bid ??? when someone bids ????

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    Gun Broker , can you guys enlighten me . As soon as i increase the bid amount it kicks me back and tells me i have been out-bid (it is instant) then i look it is a verified buyer . I am a newbie there , can you auto bid ??? when someone bids ????

If someone bids $200 and you put your bid in at $300 the bid amount on Gunbroker shows high bid as $201. As peopel bid over $201 it'll show "outbid" right away until someone out bids $300.
    So nobody knows the hiughest someone is willing to go until they are outbid

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    If someone bids $200 and you put your bid in at $300 the bid amount on Gunbroker shows high bid as $201. As peopel bid over $201 it'll show "outbid" right away until someone out bids $300.
    So nobody knows the hiughest someone is willing to go until they are outbid

Thank You makes sense .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom